Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310457 times)

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #6585 on: May 12, 2014, 05:53:56 PM »
OK, just drop it. The rules dictate that you can't assume anything about another character's actions or act on their behalf, but it's clear we're not going to agree on whether this counts or not, so just leave it to Elf to make a ruling.

Why would you need Elf when this can be settled like reasonable adults. I'm seriously getting sick of that attitude when this kind of crap should have been settled without any argument. Stop acting like spoiled brats for a bit and just play like people with some brains. Lantz stop seeing anything and everything happening as a threat for your characters' well being. And Mike, stop coming to the rescue when it's not necessary.

Gray clearly said that his character won't take over lantz's. He's not forcing anything there. All he wants is to come in contact with him. He's not doing anything to Satoshi. I propose lantz let it touch him and then the symbiote will go find a better host. It's not complicated. It's not even a problem. So, just let it go for once, lantz.

This argument is going nowhere and it is obviously going to get nasty very soon. If you do have anything to say, please talk to Elf privately.

Problem is that each time, and I mean each freaking time, somebody starts interacting with Satoshi, it's hell on earth. If it keeps up, everyone will ignore lantz's OCs and then he will raise complaints about how all his characters are shunned by others. Elf isn't there to resolve childish behavior. You keep calling her for stuff like that, and you won't be surprised when she just give up participating altogether.

Quote from: Gray
Okay Lyco and Daiki how can I modify my Avdol piece so I can realistically see you guys?

I hear that mordred master is healer and I need healers.

Just wait for them to go back into the Nexus. (They are on a different dimensional plan right now)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6586 on: May 12, 2014, 05:57:57 PM »
Daiki, I said stop. It evidentially can't be settled like "responsible adults", if it could then Lantz and Gray would have done so already. They obviously have a different idea of what is and isn't acceptable, and only Elf can settle that. Nothing you say is going to make Lantz change his mind, in fact you are almost certainly just making it worse, given the tone you are taking.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 05:58:33 PM by Cherry Lover »

RamKingSpaceSlamKatsulam

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6587 on: May 12, 2014, 06:06:55 PM »
Well, one would think that reasonable adults can enter a conversation, instead of trying to shut it down when it hasn't even occurred... I think?  It really does make you think.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6588 on: May 12, 2014, 06:11:16 PM »
Rules are rules Gray, I can't predetermine anything and neither can you. It's just the way the game works.

@Daiki: inferno cop was fine, the only problem was that names had comp trouble which messed up the event we'd planned. It's by no means hell when characters and players are reasonable (mostly this means try not murdering the character)

the details of what will or won't happen to Satoshi are mine to decide but regardless there's still the character's will and given previous events in the RP he's not going to let it happen for as long as he can prevent it.

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6589 on: May 12, 2014, 06:18:02 PM »
Daiki, I said stop. It evidentially can't be settled like "responsible adults", if it could then Lantz and Gray would have done so already. They obviously have a different idea of what is and isn't acceptable, and only Elf can settle that. Nothing you say is going to make Lantz change his mind, in fact you are almost certainly just making it worse, given the tone you are taking.

And what kind of tone is it that I take?

This is not the first time I tell this; we don't need the GM for everything. And this is certainly not the first time you answer me with a 'sorry, we can't act like adults'. This is exactly that kind of attitude which pushes lantz to act like a kid instead of thinking things through. Not that he can't act like an adult. But the fact that you're so prompt to jump to the rescue and calling for a third party to take a decision about the current issue(only) instead of trying to resolve things by dialogue is why he's acting like that.

If there's no dialogue, there can't be a fix to the issue.

Are you seriously going to suggest that we call a GM ruling each time lantz char's interact with others? Because that's not only ridiculous, but it has already happened way too much. There is something inherently wrong in pushing for more of that. If you don't care about how the RP develops from now on, it's your right. But I certanly won't stay silent if we are to deal with more of that crap along the way.

It's bound to happen again(like I said last time) and we all know it. So we either do something about it, or there won't be much people playing in here. That or Lantz will only play with you.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 06:19:12 PM by Daiki »

Brahmastra

« Reply #6590 on: May 12, 2014, 06:19:41 PM »
lantz just let Gray touch your decrepit dragon willie and go about your day instead of acting like a spoiled 3-year old.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6591 on: May 12, 2014, 06:28:49 PM »
Daiki, seriously, I'm pointing to a rule on the list dude. You cannot predetermine the success of an action.

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6592 on: May 12, 2014, 06:32:07 PM »
I'm not telling you what to do. I suggested something. Not like you two could have reached a compromise or something.

Brahmastra

« Reply #6593 on: May 12, 2014, 06:32:22 PM »
You can predetermine a successful action (To use the example from the rule,  "Character X punched Character B.") but you cannot predetermine the reaction or the result ("Character X punched Character B, and Character B went down like the little bitch he is.")

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6594 on: May 12, 2014, 06:33:23 PM »
You can't predetermine the success of an action but you also shouldn't whine like a little kid when that action is both A) harmless to your character, and B) something that should happen given the actions the other character has taken.

Jesus fucking christ Lantz, grow the fuck up.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6595 on: May 12, 2014, 06:35:28 PM »
Arch, Brah, no. All you can to is confirm the attempt. Automatically confirming success is god modding when it is not a character you control.

and it's not harmless.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6596 on: May 12, 2014, 06:37:00 PM »
You can't predetermine success of actions, but you CAN try and be reasonable about it. It's clear neither you nor Gray want to budge on the matter, but how about you two try and consider things for the other side? Grim is bloating with power from a god and is using powerful magecraft, and Satoshi used dragonfire and a wind spell to create a firestorm to shake it off. Those are both excellent points, and I'd like you to consider them as far as a logical conclusion is concerned.

If you still can't agree on this, but neither of you really wants Satoshi to be crippled or severely injured by Grim, how about you call a compromise and allow it to flow narratively?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 06:38:13 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Brahmastra

« Reply #6597 on: May 12, 2014, 06:37:35 PM »
To use your own preferred argument against you lantz; Shut up, you're wrong.

And your character is literally immortal, infinity years old and has nothing to lose, it's completely harmless.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 06:38:18 PM by Brahmastra »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6598 on: May 12, 2014, 06:38:22 PM »
Okay now, let's just cool it down in here a bit. I'm cool with people discussing this, but let's keep it more on the civil side, alright?

As for this whole thing... I'm going to refrain from commenting too much, one, because I'm exhausted, and two, because I'm supposed to be relatively hands off about lantz stuff anyway because it elevates my blood pressure way too much, but I will agree that there has been too much consistent drama surrounding lantz's RPing, and that what happened with the fire was metagaming, not necessarily because of the comic book thing, but because of being able to identify it on sight. Even knowing of the symbiote's appearance, there's a number of things that a sentient pile of black goop can be.

...Plus not too terribly happy about the fire thing. Even if I'm not running a vampire character myself, there's good guy vampire characters in the Compound, including Forest, and I don't think the symbiote is worth risking burning them to a crisp. It makes it harder on me as well, because if the fire spreads beyond the Symbiote's barrier, that means I have to step in with Tom, which makes posting even more difficult for me on top of getting the energy to do so to begin with between having to work like hell IRL, which has been draining me a good bit, and keeping tabs on all the recent drama. So yeah.

...That said, it's probably best to let Elf come to a decision. If lantz's RPing has been a consistent problem, it's best for her to decide what's to be done, is it not, especially since it's an issue that continues to escalate?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 06:38:53 PM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6599 on: May 12, 2014, 06:40:33 PM »

And what kind of tone is it that I take?

This is not the first time I tell this; we don't need the GM for everything. And this is certainly not the first time you answer me with a 'sorry, we can't act like adults'. This is exactly that kind of attitude which pushes lantz to act like a kid instead of thinking things through. Not that he can't act like an adult. But the fact that you're so prompt to jump to the rescue and calling for a third party to take a decision about the current issue(only) instead of trying to resolve things by dialogue is why he's acting like that.

If there's no dialogue, there can't be a fix to the issue.

Are you seriously going to suggest that we call a GM ruling each time lantz char's interact with others? Because that's not only ridiculous, but it has already happened way too much. There is something inherently wrong in pushing for more of that. If you don't care about how the RP develops from now on, it's your right. But I certanly won't stay silent if we are to deal with more of that crap along the way.

It's bound to happen again(like I said last time) and we all know it. So we either do something about it, or there won't be much people playing in here. That or Lantz will only play with you.

No, I called for a GM ruling because it is blindingly obvious that everyone is just getting heated, and no-one is going to convince anyone else at this point. Your post just proved that, because, whatever point you might have had was lost in the insults and the extremely one-sided nature of your post. I was not "jumping to Lantz's aid", I was trying to stop a damn argument. You know, my job as the forum owner.

Like Alice just said, regardless of your viewpoint, Elf is the only one with the power to actually force any kind of compromise. If the two of them can agree then fine, but it didn't seem likely from the way the posts were going, so I just thought it was best to cut it short before we got posts like Arch's last one.

Alice is right, civil discussion is fine, but discussions like this tend not to remain civil for very long, and right now you guys are being far too aggressive about it to stand a chance of convincing Lantz.

I'm not telling you what to do. I suggested something. Not like you two could have reached a compromise or something.

Perhaps they could have, but making statements like "Lantz is acting like a spoiled child" is sure as hell not going to help them reach one.

Possibly it might not be a bad idea for Lantz to work something out with Gray here with regards to touching Satoshi, but I didn't see it as likely to happen, and I certainly saw the argument becoming more heated.

You can predetermine a successful action (To use the example from the rule,  "Character X punched Character B.") but you cannot predetermine the reaction or the result ("Character X punched Character B, and Character B went down like the little bitch he is.")

No, you can't. You can say you threw a punch, you can't assume it hit.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 06:42:24 PM by Cherry Lover »