Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310270 times)

Brahmastra

Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #6600 on: May 12, 2014, 06:43:18 PM »
No, you can't. You can say you threw a punch, you can't assume it hit.

Read the OP of this very thread before you say something autistic and sound stupid.

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6601 on: May 12, 2014, 06:44:13 PM »

Arch, Brah, no. All you can to is confirm the attempt. Automatically confirming success is god modding when it is not a character you control.

and it's not harmless.

Dude.

Did you not see what I did with Grigori?
I let Umbra take full control during that run and I was just a supplement. Grim takes a testdrive seeing if your a good host. I've decided that I'll probably go full bonding with one of my own characters or agree to make fulll bonding later so Lantz is in no threat of that happening. He wants to see compatability.

There's room for a compromise. Just talk it out.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6602 on: May 12, 2014, 06:47:30 PM »
No, you can't. You can say you threw a punch, you can't assume it hit.

Read the OP of this very thread before you say something autistic and sound stupid.

It doesn't matter what the exact wording of the OP says, it matters how we've been playing it from the beginning and how Elf chooses to interpret it, and we have always been playing it in that manner. You cannot dictate the actions of another character, and that includes not assuming they did nothing in response to your act.

Also, cut the insults. We have several people on the forum who actually are autistic, and I'm pretty damn sure you offended them.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 06:51:26 PM by Cherry Lover »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6603 on: May 12, 2014, 06:47:51 PM »
Gray, if you don't find a host, I can make a third character just that you don't talk to yourself, if the host retains a degree of a sentience.

RamKingSpaceSlamKatsulam

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6604 on: May 12, 2014, 06:51:56 PM »
This is just like Prometheus.  What is the black goo?

Brahmastra

« Reply #6605 on: May 12, 2014, 06:53:39 PM »
We have several people on the forum who actually are autistic, and I'm pretty damn sure you offended them.

I'm one of them, it's like N-word privileges

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6606 on: May 12, 2014, 06:55:48 PM »
Copying Satoshi's powers creates a mess that is far too convoluted and it's impossible (or at the very least nearly so) to rectify and forces Satoshi to go running around completely ruining my aims for the character.

rather then completely wreck the ability to be socially involved I'd prefer to not deal with it at all.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6607 on: May 12, 2014, 06:57:13 PM »
Like I give a fuck about someone using my condition as an insult.

Seriously, everybody. Shut the fuck up, especially Lantz (Who seriously by this point has only NOT been kicked because Mike would whine endlessly to Elf about it). I don't care if your super magic sue doesn't like being touched - Grey has outplayed the hell out of you both post wise, detail wise, and roleplaying wise. Bend over and take that delicious symbiote powers.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6608 on: May 12, 2014, 06:58:34 PM »
Copying Satoshi's powers creates a mess that is far too convoluted and it's impossible (or at the very least nearly so) to rectify and forces Satoshi to go running around completely ruining my aims for the character.

rather then completely wreck the ability to be socially involved I'd prefer to not deal with it at all.
>Completely ruining my aims for the character

So? Fucking deal with it, scrap your plans, and write new ones. It could be an epic saga, which humbles him immensely in realizing he isn't unique, special, or indeed worthy of any sort of admiration.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6609 on: May 12, 2014, 06:59:02 PM »
We have several people on the forum who actually are autistic, and I'm pretty damn sure you offended them.

Yeah, and if a black guy tries that argument on the internet after using it as an insult, I bet it won't get them very far. I have no idea if you are telling the truth, and even if you are no-one else can be sure.

>Completely ruining my aims for the character

So? Fucking deal with it, scrap your plans, and write new ones. It could be an epic saga, which humbles him immensely in realizing he isn't unique, special, or indeed worthy of any sort of admiration.

It's not simply "plans", it's avoiding spending the whole damn time fighting. That is not the same thing at all.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 07:01:06 PM by Cherry Lover »

Brahmastra

« Reply #6610 on: May 12, 2014, 07:01:23 PM »

Yeah, and if a black guy tries that argument on the internet after using it as an insult, I bet it won't get them very far. I have no idea if you are telling the truth, and even if you are no-one else can be sure.

Problem doesn't lie with the guy who said neighbor, it lies with the people who give nephew power as an insult, instead of just treating neophyte like another word in the dictionary.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6611 on: May 12, 2014, 07:01:48 PM »
I think someone tried to ask me about Downy and friend's location. Well they are in a dimension between dimensions, kinda like a black void that's perfect for hiding and watching stuff without anyone realizing you're there. If you have the ability to travel dimensions or even look at other dimensions then you could probably find us pretty easily though we may also be able to notice you as well depending on how it's being done.

And sorry Lyco Ive been holding back on posting on purpose so that Alice and Kaiza have a chance to catch up before we all meet up.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6612 on: May 12, 2014, 07:03:17 PM »
It's not simply "plans", it's avoiding spending the whole damn time fighting. That is not the same thing at all.

Why the fuck would he be fighting? Can't he accept other people possessing his powers? I mean he's an immortal wizard, this shouldn't be a huge deal to him.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6613 on: May 12, 2014, 07:04:21 PM »
And sorry Lyco Ive been holding back on posting on purpose so that Alice and Kaiza have a chance to catch up before we all meet up.
No worries, Milbunk; I can wait.
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6614 on: May 12, 2014, 07:04:50 PM »
Gray, abandon Satoshi, I'll have Grim bond with...

Samuel Haight.

http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/pdf/MiscOWOD/SamuelHaight.pdf