Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310840 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #6615 on: May 12, 2014, 07:06:04 PM »
It's not simply "plans", it's avoiding spending the whole damn time fighting. That is not the same thing at all.

Why the fuck would he be fighting? Can't he accept other people possessing his powers? I mean he's an immortal wizard, this shouldn't be a huge deal to him.

It's not "people" possessing it so much as the Symbiote specifically. Because an immortal Symbiote sounds like a distinctly bad thing to me....

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6616 on: May 12, 2014, 07:06:55 PM »
Not really; and the Symbiotes are already immortal.

Brahmastra

« Reply #6617 on: May 12, 2014, 07:06:56 PM »
Because an immortal draconic 5-year old that's actually infinity years old is a better idea? news to me.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6618 on: May 12, 2014, 07:07:08 PM »
I aim for them to be social, I've been avoiding fighting as best I can since the damn start. I'm not about to have Satoshi enter wreck shit mode in this RP.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6619 on: May 12, 2014, 07:10:57 PM »
Right, right, can everyone just cool off this discussion for a bit? It pains me to say it, but if it's going to keeping regressing and fail to remain civil, I'd rather it stay frozen until Elf says something. There's no point.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6620 on: May 12, 2014, 07:11:46 PM »
I would use Samuel Haight if that happened. Werewolf True Mage Ghoul with some fairy powers.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6621 on: May 12, 2014, 07:12:13 PM »
Please explain lantz, how the fuck having that Symbiote take your powers matters if it comes to Satoshi being a fighter.

Please. Fucking. Explain.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6622 on: May 12, 2014, 07:14:06 PM »
He does not want to share.

Strangely, since Satoshi is all about being more powerful, he should just fuse with Grim and become more unstoppable.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6623 on: May 12, 2014, 07:22:23 PM »
He would have to neutralize the symbiote. The group at large can't be responsible for deaths of others by way of their powers. Since the symbiote would be an unchecked example of that power it would force my characters to constantly hunt it until his powers were removed from the symbiote or it was otherwise unable to do harm.

given the nature of the game that will never occur which means my characters would be fighting constantly. And that would be unendingly dull.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6624 on: May 12, 2014, 07:25:00 PM »
>Can't be responsible for death's caused by their powers

You do know they wouldn't be responsible, as it's the symbiote's fault right?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6625 on: May 12, 2014, 07:27:12 PM »
That isn't how heroes work Arch

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6626 on: May 12, 2014, 07:28:20 PM »

No, I called for a GM ruling because it is blindingly obvious that everyone is just getting heated, and no-one is going to convince anyone else at this point. Your post just proved that, because, whatever point you might have had was lost in the insults and the extremely one-sided nature of your post. I was not "jumping to Lantz's aid", I was trying to stop a damn argument. You know, my job as the forum owner.

Like Alice just said, regardless of your viewpoint, Elf is the only one with the power to actually force any kind of compromise. If the two of them can agree then fine, but it didn't seem likely from the way the posts were going, so I just thought it was best to cut it short before we got posts like Arch's last one.

Alice is right, civil discussion is fine, but discussions like this tend not to remain civil for very long, and right now you guys are being far too aggressive about it to stand a chance of convincing Lantz.

I'm not telling you what to do. I suggested something. Not like you two could have reached a compromise or something.

Perhaps they could have, but making statements like "Lantz is acting like a spoiled child" is sure as hell not going to help them reach one.

Possibly it might not be a bad idea for Lantz to work something out with Gray here with regards to touching Satoshi, but I didn't see it as likely to happen, and I certainly saw the argument becoming more heated.

Yes, my goal was to insult lantz. Let's totally go with that. 

You're absolutely right. We should call in Elf. Your method proved to work in the past, Mike. Oh, wait... It didn't.

But let's do it anyway. Let's see how that resolve anything. And I'm sure she'll be thrilled.

Oh, and obviously I'm rude and aggressive when saying "stop acting like a brat". Although, you, on the other hand, implying that lantz and Gray can't reach a compromise because they are indeed brats, (they need a third party to take a decision for them since they are too retarded to discuss the issue after all) are not insulting their intelligence at all. Good job being even more offensive than me. Quite the hypocrite, aren't you?

Welp, I'm done. Have fun riding Satoshi's polished dragon prostitute's wiener to the world of the sunshine fairies with fiery nails piercing your nipples.

And for those involved with my characters, do what you want with them.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6627 on: May 12, 2014, 07:31:40 PM »
>Can't be responsible for death's caused by their powers

You do know they wouldn't be responsible, as it's the symbiote's fault right?

Not directly responsible, no, but indirectly.

Yes, my goal was to insult lantz. Let's totally go with that. 

I never said that.

You're absolutely right. We should call in Elf. Your method proved to work in the past, Mike. Oh, wait... It didn't.

But let's do it anyway. Let's see how that resolve anything. And I'm sure she'll be thrilled.

Right, and what are you suggesting? That we continue arguing with each other for hours until Elf ends up coming in and being forced to stamp her foot down to stop it? Because that's the way it seemed to be going.

Oh, and obviously I'm rude and aggressive when saying "stop acting like a brat". Although, you, on the other hand, implying that lantz and Gray can't reach a compromise because they are indeed brats, (they need a third party to take a decision for them since they are too retarded to discuss the issue after all) are not insulting their intelligence at all. Good job being even more offensive than me. Quite the hypocrite, aren't you?

They tried discussing it, and it didn't seem to go anywhere.

Perhaps you do have a valid point there, but you certainly weren't going to help by making an entirely one-sided statement and blaming Lantz (along with me, who didn't even make a comment on that aspect of the argument).
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 07:32:21 PM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6628 on: May 12, 2014, 07:38:51 PM »
Bottom line, I want my characters to be social, the symbiote stealing his powers ruins that. I would be stuck for the rest of the RP acting futility forced to do something I find boring and worthless. So I'm going to prevent the power drain from happening, period.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: May 12, 2014, 07:42:33 PM »
...And this was exactly what I was worried would happen. Great, now someone's quit because of this crap.

Now I'm kinda tempted to quit the RP too. Jesus mother of christ.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.