Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310288 times)

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #6735 on: May 14, 2014, 07:30:48 AM »
Why, thank you!

Had more, but Mike said they took up way too much space on some screens.
You can actually get around it by stuffing them under a spoiler tag. That's what I've done in the past over on BL anyway. :)

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #6736 on: May 14, 2014, 07:33:11 AM »
Coming back to the subject at hand, why worry about losing a measly digit number of prana? You still have a tanker ship load of fuel to cast spells.

Edit: Assuming we're following the numbers in here.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 07:35:41 AM by Salto »

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6737 on: May 14, 2014, 07:52:13 AM »
Permanent is permanent Salto, the point is, you have to get a players ok to do permanent damage. I was never consulted on the matter everyone just assumed I should get hurt permanently despite the rules.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 07:52:44 AM by lantzblades »

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #6738 on: May 14, 2014, 07:58:32 AM »
I get your point about it. But you need to understand that it's not even going to do much to your ability to cast magecraft. It's literally only an approximate 16 units of Prana that you're losing. Especially out of an output of a whopping 3200 units (which is freakishly ginormous). And considering that your character is... for the lack of a better word, perfect in every way, I suggest you try to eventually try to tone that down ICly. It doesn't have to be permanent like how it is here. Just maybe have a moment of weakness where your character can grow and develop from.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 07:59:15 AM by Salto »

> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6739 on: May 14, 2014, 08:01:09 AM »
He's not perfect, and he's already weakened in the RP currently.

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #6740 on: May 14, 2014, 08:03:34 AM »
Really? Admittedly, I'm not sure if I want to read 125 pages of material right away. But could anyone give me a simple summary so far?

Edit: I'm currently multi-tasking with several things. Cause you know, finals are coming up.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 08:07:21 AM by Salto »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6741 on: May 14, 2014, 08:51:43 AM »
Summarizing the whole LP is... well, it's going to be a damn long summary, let me tell you that much. :V

To just answer your question at least, Toshi is weakened. ...sorta. Kinda. Toshi has some sort of weird... age cycling thing. Presently he's an old man. Likely he's still pretty damn OP though, due to the insane number of circuits. He claimed in the RP that he was "out of magic," but considering the amount of prana I suspect he's packing? I doubt it.

As for the second part... I'm not going to get into that too much because attempts to debate this in the past have made me feel like I'm slamming my head into a wall repeatedly, and I'm supposed to be taking it easy anyway, so I'm going to skimp on the details a bit, but Toshi is portrayed in such a way that he comes off as if he's supposed to be perceived as if he's nearly perfect, even if that's not the case. The majority of his flaws are unintentional on lantz's part. ...And that's all I'm saying on the subject for now for the sake of my sanity. ^^"
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 08:53:00 AM by Alice »

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #6742 on: May 14, 2014, 08:55:41 AM »
Summarizing the whole LP is... well, it's going to be a damn long summary, let me tell you that much. :V

To just answer your question at least, Toshi is weakened. ...sorta. Kinda. Toshi has some sort of weird... age cycling thing. Presently he's an old man. Likely he's still pretty damn OP though, due to the insane number of circuits. He claimed in the RP that he was "out of magic," but considering the amount of prana I suspect he's packing? I doubt it.

As for the second part... I'm not going to get into that too much because attempts to debate this in the past have made me feel like I'm slamming my head into a wall repeatedly, and I'm supposed to be taking it easy anyway, so I'm going to skimp on the details a bit, but Toshi is portrayed in such a way that he comes off as if he's supposed to be perceived as if he's nearly perfect, even if that's not the case. The majority of his flaws are unintentional on lantz's part. ...And that's all I'm saying on the subject for now for the sake of my sanity. ^^"

Thank you for your help, Alice. I appreciate it. Also, take it easy. It sounds like you've been through quite a bit.

That said, I suppose being really low on Prana is a huge setback. If I may tempt you with one more question: He was in a huge fight or something? Assuming that he is "out of magic"?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 08:59:06 AM by Salto »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6743 on: May 14, 2014, 09:02:34 AM »
Thank you, I will. :)

As for the cause of the low amount of prana... no clue. ^^" I mean, he had the fight with the symbiote I guess, but I don't think the fire spell could have consumed that much prana. Nor did making those manacles for Angra... however that worked. Or placing that spell to prevent messing with the corpses of Shuya and Isa upstairs. Or even the glamour concealing his "old man" look.

It's possible it's due to Old Man Mode, but... that doesn't make sense either. Not with Toshi's circuit count and what I suspect to be vast prana reserves. I doubt that would have changed drastically with age, even if his physical strength dropped. ...So yeah, with that one, your guess is as good as mine. ^^"

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6744 on: May 14, 2014, 09:13:00 AM »
It's obvious on the sheet, the Dragon's flame puts huge stress on his body, it's not cheap either. Then Forest dropped a neutralizing agent into the mix, bam 3200 to 10. And yes as an old man who has trouble walking period and can barely manage stairs he is certainly weaker.

and no, for the last time, he's not perfect, nor do my characters praise him (exception being taiga because 8 year old)

Brahmastra

« Reply #6745 on: May 14, 2014, 11:12:48 AM »
It says it puts stress but it says nothing in regards to that costing Prana (particularly because Nasu dragons have lungs that literally generate prana just by breathing), just like the words "comic books" aren't mentioned a single time on that sheet.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6746 on: May 14, 2014, 12:32:15 PM »
Did Nessa die in the fire, Arch-Magos? Alice is willing to take over her.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6747 on: May 14, 2014, 02:47:03 PM »
Did Nessa die in the fire, Arch-Magos? Alice is willing to take over her.
Nah, Nessa is fine. Though having some other consequences for Satoshi to deal with would be nice to see. Killing the innocent and all, and how he'd react.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6748 on: May 14, 2014, 02:49:24 PM »
I don't think the fire went beyond the garage, though. Was Nessa in there?

And, honestly, from what I know of Toshi's backstory, he probably has killed innocent people before. He's done a lot of stuff, and I doubt he's never made a mistake that resulted in someone dying.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #6749 on: May 14, 2014, 03:03:53 PM »
I don't think the fire went beyond the garage, though. Was Nessa in there?

And, honestly, from what I know of Toshi's backstory, he probably has killed innocent people before. He's done a lot of stuff, and I doubt he's never made a mistake that resulted in someone dying.
If he feels responsible if a symbiote using his powers kills someone, then he probably won't be fine with roasting a few people himself.