Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310663 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #6750 on: May 14, 2014, 03:04:54 PM »
Forest stopped the fire so no, it didn't get beyond the garage. As for consequences, no.

as for you Brah, you're talking nonsense.

Brahmastra

« Reply #6751 on: May 14, 2014, 03:13:02 PM »
Ill do what apparently deeply insults you, IE link sources.

"Dragons are creatures that generate prana merely by breathing, their lungs acting as spiritual worlds. Dragons each have an attribute, and their strongest weapon, Dragon's Breath (ドラゴンブレス), capitalizes upon it by using breath to spread it excessively over a wide area of effect as a torrent of mana. Red dragons carry flame, blue dragons carry thunder, black dragons carry acid, and Elizabeth Bathory carries soundwaves. The damage value, according to a certain rulebook, is the same as the constitution value of the dragon. Due to having a constitution value which transcends that of humans by far, it is not unreasonable to think of a single dragon being able to destroy a whole country when equally spreading the damage from its breath throughout a whole army."

Source: https://tsukinoura.wordpress.com/2014/05/04/entry-126-into-a-heart-inside-a-heart/, as well as Complete Materials.

If you want to have super speshul Merlinman shove dragons into your SI, you should consider reading up on your facts. Even if you used up 3200 units of prana (read: over 3 times Rin's capacity) on a minor firestorm, Satoshi should regain it instantly just by breathing.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: May 14, 2014, 03:21:55 PM »
Actually I was referring to the comics bit. I don't care what you think elsewise.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: May 14, 2014, 03:23:24 PM »
So, what you're saying, Brah, is that you want Toshi to be even more powerful? I thought you were complaining about how powerful he is already....

Brahmastra

« Reply #6754 on: May 14, 2014, 03:23:42 PM »
I don't care what you think elsewise.

Likewise, your opinion has mattered about as little to me as that of whatever Higgs Bosons were wasted in your creation.

So, what you're saying, Brah, is that you want Toshi to be even more powerful? I thought you were complaining about how powerful he is already....

I dont even give a shit about his powerlevels at this point, I just give a shit about the fact that his character's very existence is raping canon in it's papery ass.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 03:25:05 PM by Brahmastra »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: May 14, 2014, 03:26:32 PM »
Likewise, your opinion has mattered about as little to me as that of whatever Higgs Bosons were wasted in your creation.

Erm, Higgs bosons only last for a tiny fraction of a second, and can be created and destroyed freely, you can't "waste" them....

Brahmastra

« Reply #6756 on: May 14, 2014, 03:27:57 PM »
I thought we didn't give a shit about canon in here? Physics are the canon of the universe, therefor I can ignore them in this context.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 03:28:38 PM by Brahmastra »

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: May 14, 2014, 04:01:37 PM »
Ill do what apparently deeply insults you, IE link sources.

"Dragons are creatures that generate prana merely by breathing, their lungs acting as spiritual worlds. Dragons each have an attribute, and their strongest weapon, Dragon's Breath (ドラゴンブレス), capitalizes upon it by using breath to spread it excessively over a wide area of effect as a torrent of mana. Red dragons carry flame, blue dragons carry thunder, black dragons carry acid, and Elizabeth Bathory carries soundwaves. The damage value, according to a certain rulebook, is the same as the constitution value of the dragon. Due to having a constitution value which transcends that of humans by far, it is not unreasonable to think of a single dragon being able to destroy a whole country when equally spreading the damage from its breath throughout a whole army."

Source: https://tsukinoura.wordpress.com/2014/05/04/entry-126-into-a-heart-inside-a-heart/, as well as Complete Materials.

If you want to have super speshul Merlinman shove dragons into your SI, you should consider reading up on your facts. Even if you used up 3200 units of prana (read: over 3 times Rin's capacity) on a minor firestorm, Satoshi should regain it instantly just by breathing.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Those fuckers. They have it easy.

Actually I was referring to the comics bit. I don't care what you think elsewise.

Let's be civil please.

I dont even give a shit about his powerlevels at this point, I just give a shit about the fact that his character's very existence is raping canon in it's papery ass.

Looking at the sheet, I have to admit it does make me feel really uncomfortable at how it has little regard of canon and.... Perfect.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 04:17:52 PM by Salto »

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: May 14, 2014, 04:10:18 PM »

You know, I could actually adapt some of this into improving Lycodrake Aptera - at least for Cross Effects and in relation to Nasuverse.
Though, really, his "Heat" magic that he uses is there to cauterize, shred through metal armor, and keep himself warm.
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: May 14, 2014, 04:15:33 PM »
Lyco isn't a Nasuverse dragon, though, right? And, Cross Effects isn't actually set in the Nasuverse, either, so there is no reason Nasuverse mechanics should have any special relevance over those of other universes that are represented.

Obviously, there's no reason you can't use it, but nor should you feel you need to do so for the sake of this RP.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: May 14, 2014, 04:18:32 PM »
Lyco isn't a Nasuverse dragon, though, right? And, Cross Effects isn't actually set in the Nasuverse, either, so there is no reason Nasuverse mechanics should have any special relevance over those of other universes that are represented.

Obviously, there's no reason you can't use it, but nor should you feel you need to do so for the sake of this RP.
Very true. This is just a bit of brainstorming on my end, though I imagine Nasuverse characters might - or probably - expect him to be like their's.
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Brahmastra

« Reply #6761 on: May 14, 2014, 04:19:09 PM »
And, Cross Effects isn't actually set in the Nasuverse, either, so there is no reason Nasuverse mechanics should have any special relevance over those of other universes that are represented.

Unrelated to Lyco, but when you wanna make a character like Satoshi who's built in and from the Nasuverse, you should probably (read: 100%) follow it's mechanics, even if you fuck them a bit in the process.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: May 14, 2014, 04:23:00 PM »

Very true. This is just a bit of brainstorming on my end, though I imagine Nasuverse characters might - or probably - expect him to be like their's.

Well, they might well expect it (assuming they even know what a Nasuverse dragon is meant to be like, which I'm not convinced is true for most modern people, even magi), but it won't take long for them to realise he's very different.

And, Cross Effects isn't actually set in the Nasuverse, either, so there is no reason Nasuverse mechanics should have any special relevance over those of other universes that are represented.

Unrelated to Lyco, but when you wanna make a character like Satoshi who's built in and from the Nasuverse, you should probably (read: 100%) follow it's mechanics, even if you fuck them a bit in the process.

Most likely, Lantz designed Toshi before that even came out, and since it would make him utterly ludicrous and, thus, ruin the story entirely if he went with that, he decided to just continue with what he had. I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with that, most people aren't bothered if you make a few minor changes from canon for the sake of a workable story.

Brahmastra

« Reply #6763 on: May 14, 2014, 04:28:15 PM »
Hes already utterly ludicrous, I don't see your point Mike.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: May 14, 2014, 04:41:53 PM »
However, the power of the dragon channeled through a human body puts an immense stress of the user, and even with Avalon Satoshi cannot sustain the power for a terribly long time.

This implies that using dragon fire simply puts stress on his body, and that Satoshi cannot use for a long time even with Avalon's regeneration. Nothing about prana. I have also gone through Satoshi's profile and I haven't seen any mention of comics. Do you mind quoting it Lantz?