Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310408 times)

Brahmastra

Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #6780 on: May 14, 2014, 06:37:15 PM »
It's not a wrong opinion if you recognize it yourself, and it's not an opinion if it's fact.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6781 on: May 14, 2014, 06:38:09 PM »
I find that mildly offensive because native speaker lantz is 11 years older than me and yet wouldn't know what native speaker English was if I whacked him in the face with it.

You're the one who made the comment about us "speaking the same language", not me.

It's not a wrong opinion if you recognize it yourself, and it's not an opinion if it's fact.

Just because Lantz's grammar isn't brilliant that doesn't mean he doesn't know how to speak English.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:39:09 PM by Cherry Lover »

Brahmastra

« Reply #6782 on: May 14, 2014, 06:41:24 PM »

Just because Lantz's grammar isn't brilliant that doesn't mean he doesn't know how to speak English.

You're saying this like I don't know how to speak English.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6783 on: May 14, 2014, 06:47:17 PM »

You're saying this like I don't know how to speak English.

I never said that, you obviously do. But, people who learn it as a second language can sometimes miss certain things, or speak more literally than people who are native speakers. Admittedly, if you are Aspergic, as you claim, then that would also contribute to such misunderstandings (as it does from my end).

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: May 14, 2014, 06:48:05 PM »
I think everyone should chill. Please. .__.

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #6785 on: May 14, 2014, 06:48:46 PM »
A problem is recognizing a black mass of goo that could be multiple things as a symbiote. Then using an extremely taxing techniques to stop something that you don't understand. If he had just thrown up a barrier it would have made more sense.

Edit: He also used a super effective and taxing move.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:53:54 PM by Umbra of Chaos »

Brahmastra

« Reply #6786 on: May 14, 2014, 06:52:21 PM »
I never said that, you obviously do. But, people who learn it as a second language can sometimes miss certain things, or speak more literally than people who are native speakers. Admittedly, if you are Aspergic, as you claim, then that would also contribute to such misunderstandings (as it does from my end).

Asperger's and Autism are two very different things, Mike, and by all technicality I'm without a diagnosis, I just show the majority of the symptoms. Do not compare the two, they are entirely independent of each other. Then again, they do say that scientists are shit-for-brains in any field not their own.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:53:00 PM by Brahmastra »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: May 14, 2014, 06:54:49 PM »
A problem is recognizing a black mass of goo that could be multiple things as a symbiote.

Well, yes, that is true, and Elf said as much. That is a separate argument from the one I am having here, though.

Asperger's and Autism are two very different things, Mike, and by all technicality I'm without a diagnosis, I just show the majority of the symptoms. Do not compare the two, they are entirely independent of each other. Then again, they do say that scientists are shit-for-brains in any field not their own.

Actually, no, they're not. Asperger's is literally just a form of Autism (specifically a milder form). There might have been a time they were treated as distinct, but currently they are not, at least in this country.

And, honestly, if you're without a diagnosis then go and get one....
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:59:51 PM by Cherry Lover »

Brahmastra

« Reply #6788 on: May 14, 2014, 07:00:23 PM »

Actually, no, they're not. Asperger's is literally just a form of Autism.

Jesus Christ Mike if you want to call people mentally ill then at least fucking look up what they are. The only thing that are similar is that they both categorize under the old definition of autism, that being social withdrawal common among people with a secondary diagnosis like schizophrenia. Minus that they are completely different things. I find it actually pretty insulting that you're comparing the two so casually when you obviously don't know what in the fuck you are talking about.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6789 on: May 14, 2014, 07:00:37 PM »
Umbra it's an assumption, he even says amid the fight that he thinks his assumption was wrong. He only knows of two things that are black masses.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: May 14, 2014, 07:02:49 PM »

Actually, no, they're not. Asperger's is literally just a form of Autism.

Jesus Christ Mike if you want to call people mentally ill then at least fucking look up what they are. The only thing that are similar is that they both categorize under the old definition of autism, that being social withdrawal common among people with a secondary diagnosis like schizophrenia. Minus that they are completely different things. I find it actually pretty insulting that you're comparing the two so casually when you obviously don't know what in the fuck you are talking about.

Erm, no, I know exactly what I am talking about. Asperger's is literally just defined as a mild form of Autism, in this country at least. In fact, in this country Asperger's is not even considered to exist at all, it is just lumped in as "Autism Spectrum Disorders". Stop talking out of your ass about things that you clearly do not understand.

Edit:

By the way, here is the Wikipedia article on the topic, in case you aren't capable of finding it yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger%27s_syndrome
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 07:08:02 PM by Cherry Lover »

Brahmastra

« Reply #6791 on: May 14, 2014, 07:12:00 PM »

Erm, no, I know exactly what I am talking about. Asperger's is literally just defined as a mild form of Autism, in this country at least. In fact, in this country Asperger's is not even considered to exist at all, it is just lumped in as "Autism Spectrum Disorders". Stop talking out of your ass about things that you clearly do not understand.

Edit:

By the way, here is the Wikipedia article on the topic, in case you aren't capable of finding it yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger%27s_syndrome

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #6792 on: May 14, 2014, 07:15:23 PM »
Umbra it's an assumption, he even says amid the fight that he thinks his assumption was wrong. He only knows of two things that are black masses.
Lantz you have an experienced fighter assume in a combat situation. That doesn't happen. You take control of the situation and examine. That is why him creating a shield or barrier would make more sense. You can slow down and take a good look at the attacker. If Satoshi really spent 2000 years combating evil in the multiverse then the first thing he would learn is nothing is as it seems. You don't assume an unknown is something you know and use an incredibly taxing skill to stop it. That leaves you vulenerable.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: May 14, 2014, 07:18:37 PM »
Brah, I did not post the Wikipedia link because I got my information from there, I posted it because I know damn well that you are talking shit and wanted to give you the opportunity to read up on a topic you self-evidentially do not understand.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6794 on: May 14, 2014, 07:19:33 PM »
What Umbra said, and also three pages go by while I try to write a post, ugh.

I am just going to add in my opinion as this does not look to be ending anytime soon.

I saw no problem with Satoshi knowing about the symbiote in itself, but picking it out as quickly as he did was vastly inplausible, had he waited a post or two, or showed more of the thought process that led him to that conclusion it would have been more believable.

So no, him knowing about the symbiote was not meta at all, him realizing almost instantly was, but only a little, this was so minor an infraction as to be in truth unworthy of bringing up seriously but ended up as a multi page argument that keeps getting brought back up.

There was a small amount of meta, but there is a little bit of that in virtually every character anyway. Certainly not enough to come close to justifying this enormous clusterfuck.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 07:20:06 PM by Kurogami »