Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310671 times)

Brahmastra

Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #6795 on: May 14, 2014, 07:22:09 PM »
Brah, I did not post the Wikipedia link because I got my information from there, I posted it because I know damn well that you are talking shit and wanted to give you the opportunity to read up on a topic you self-evidentially do not understand.

If I wanted to learn about something I wouldn't go to something publicly editable, I'd go read thesis's and doctor's notes.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #6796 on: May 14, 2014, 07:24:17 PM »
Brah, I did not post the Wikipedia link because I got my information from there, I posted it because I know damn well that you are talking shit and wanted to give you the opportunity to read up on a topic you self-evidentially do not understand.
http://www.autism-society.org/about-autism/aspergers-syndrome/

Asperger’s Disorder was added to the American Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV) in 1994 as a separate disorder from autism. However, there are still many professionals who consider Asperger’s Disorder a less severe form of autism. In 2013, the DSM-5 replaced autism, Asperger’s Disorder and other pervasive developmental disorders with the umbrella diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder.

Edit: You know I almost forgot this was the thread for debating about disorders. Oh wait.
Edit2: Kuro it was instantly recognizing the symbiote which lead to dragon fire. That's like someone recognizing Satoshi has a dragon soul on sight and blasting him with anti dragon weapons.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 07:31:20 PM by Umbra of Chaos »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6797 on: May 14, 2014, 07:29:28 PM »

If I wanted to learn about something I wouldn't go to something publicly editable, I'd go read thesis's and doctor's notes.

Yeah, Wikipedia is publicly editable, but it is still broadly reliable, especially on topics that are reasonably popular. And, in this case it is a matter of definition, so reading someone's thesis is not going to help, and nor is reading doctor's notes. You need to read the DSM or whatever, and that will tell you exactly what Wikipedia tells you, because Wikipedia uses it as a source.

Just because something is written by ordinary people it does not mean it is unreliable, and just because something is written by an "expert" it does not mean it is right. Wikipedia is reliable because it sources its information and has a lot of people hanging around solely to prevent vandalism. Sure, anyone can edit it, but bad-faith edits don't tend to stay for more than a few minutes, and would be instantly obvious if you checked the history.

Edit: Thank you, Umbra. And, yes, this is not the place to be having an argument over the definition of Asperger's Syndrome....
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 07:30:19 PM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6798 on: May 14, 2014, 07:32:57 PM »
No Umbra, learn to read. Satoshi's direct defense is that flame, unless the symbiote was made of fire that was going to happen.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: May 14, 2014, 07:34:46 PM »
I never said Asperger's was autism. It has just been place under an umbrella term along with several other development disorders, but this is not the place to discuss it.

Edit: ^Can anyone else prove this? Has Satoshi consistently been using dragon fire as a primary defense? The incredibly draining dragon fire that fucking Avalon can't keep up with after a while?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 07:50:49 PM by Umbra of Chaos »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6800 on: May 14, 2014, 07:40:44 PM »
I never said Asperger's was autism. It has just been place under an umbrella term along with several other development disorders, but this is not the place to discuss it.

Whether or not it is autism, it is certainly not "completely different".

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6801 on: May 14, 2014, 07:53:00 PM »
Mike, wikipedia is only sufficient for most basic information. It's better to find more reliable and in-depth sources when discussing ANYTHING.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #6802 on: May 14, 2014, 07:56:00 PM »
^^

Edit: You know I almost forgot this was the thread for debating about disorders. Oh wait.
If you really want to continue this VM or PM me. Otherwise you can make a new thread or drop it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 07:58:13 PM by Umbra of Chaos »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6803 on: May 14, 2014, 08:06:14 PM »
Direct Umbra, not only or first defense. In old man mode specifically it's a primary defense because he only has magic as his body is frail.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: May 14, 2014, 08:17:08 PM »
Can the debate about Asperger's and Autism stop, please?
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6805 on: May 14, 2014, 08:17:33 PM »
Lantz, a frail body means you wouldn't do much that would be taxing on the body. Like say the dragon fire that you used. This is also disregarding the fact you say he can only use magic and yet the aformentioned barriers are also, you guessed it, magic. So that option isn't eliminated in the slightest.

On a related note you mentioned that the Dragon fire should have flat out killed Grim. One thing your character shouldn't have been aware of the my magic resistance and you said that my magecraft shouldn't be enough to defend against your dragon fire so did you really mean to kill Grim off? Satoshi kept telling it to go away so he didn't mean to kill Grim judging from the dialouge but that leaves the problem that you were using lethal force on an unidentified target. Also how did you expect me to even surive Lantz if your fire is apparently good enough to outpower everything I have. It makes it sound like you wanted to kill Grim flat out because if I didn't use my barrier, water and resistance combo Grim would have died and there is no way you or Satoshi of know that I wouldn't have died right there. So what the hell? You complain about a temporary change or loss of half a percent of your circuits but you don't bat an eye at the idea of fully killing my character off?

RamKingSpaceSlamKatsulam

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6806 on: May 14, 2014, 08:22:19 PM »

Brahmastra

« Reply #6807 on: May 14, 2014, 08:22:59 PM »
Yes

RamKingSpaceSlamKatsulam

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6808 on: May 14, 2014, 08:23:52 PM »
oh ok

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6809 on: May 14, 2014, 08:31:20 PM »
Most creatures Gray have a sense of self preservation. Satoshi assumed by lighting himself on fire it would trigger that. Not his fault or mine that you chose to keep attacking.