Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310889 times)

Brahmastra

Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #6810 on: May 14, 2014, 08:35:22 PM »
...Why would the Symbiote starting becoming self-preservative over the dude it attacking lighting himself on fire?

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #6811 on: May 14, 2014, 08:37:10 PM »
Lantz, a frail body means you wouldn't do much that would be taxing on the body. Like say the dragon fire that you used. This is also disregarding the fact you say he can only use magic and yet the aformentioned barriers are also, you guessed it, magic. So that option isn't eliminated in the slightest.
This is still a valid point.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6812 on: May 14, 2014, 09:23:57 PM »
lighting himself on fire it

wut?

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6813 on: May 14, 2014, 09:33:29 PM »
If he immediately used 100% power it would be a point. During the fight he scaled up.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #6814 on: May 14, 2014, 09:38:53 PM »
Has Satoshi consistently been using dragon fire as a primary defense? The incredibly draining dragon fire that fucking Avalon can't keep up with after a while?

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6815 on: May 14, 2014, 09:48:05 PM »
He hasn't, not in the RP anyway. To my knowledge, his primary defense thus far has been either some sort of shield or issuing threats of some kind.

Also, chill out in here guys. The discussion's taken a not so chill direction more than a few times already, and I'd rather that not happen again if possible.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6816 on: May 14, 2014, 10:10:56 PM »
I personally want to take Kuro's suggestion and drop it not out of inability to discuss but just to drop it because it's leading nowhere fast and any conclusion we reach will have no effect on the RP now. Me and Lantz have received our punishments and I'll be taking your adivice Alice and will just stay away from his characters as much as possible in fear of triggering another one of these. (If this happens everytime anything with Lantz's characters occurs I'm suprized there wasn't commupence sooner, I don't think Mike could have changed things because he's just a Mod not the GM)

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6817 on: May 14, 2014, 10:19:57 PM »
Mike's involvement despite being a staff member instead of a GM (he's only supposed to mod when no other staff member is present and it's an emergency, his main job is to maintain the forum, hence his title. Something we need to teach him to both do more conservatively and more carefully, as recent events have shown...) is... complicated. It's more to do that he's very vocal if he thinks lantz has been unjustly treated, and that complicated things more than a fair bit until recently. For the sake of both my own health though, and to also cut any drama to the quick, that's all I have to say about it at the moment. Just as it's a complicated situation, it's also complicated to properly explain, so I'll leave it at that. Plus avoiding drama, we don't need more of that.

Brahmastra

« Reply #6818 on: May 14, 2014, 10:45:48 PM »
...So Mike is literally abusing his power? Because I know YOLF is on all the time, so his presence should be unneeded.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6819 on: May 14, 2014, 11:01:11 PM »
Well, if he's literally just saying, "let's drop this conversation, this is looking bad and likely it won't go anywhere," and nothing else, it's fine. Drama being halted is fine, after all. ...The problem is that he has a bad habit of wanting to continue debating even after he told the argument to halt, which is an issue. Properly he's also not supposed to issue warnings unless it's an absolute emergency, or one of us gave him the okay (though if we're present, it'll be one of us that hands this stuff out anyway, so the latter's not likely to happen very often).

So it's not so much that he's abusing power as he's not good at knowing how or where to wield it, and also often tends to forget when he's allowed to use it in the first place.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6820 on: May 14, 2014, 11:21:45 PM »
...So Mike is literally abusing his power? Because I know YOLF is on all the time, so his presence should be unneeded.

No, because I own the forum, so, in so far as anyone has any moral right to exert power here, I do (although Alice is close, because of how much effort she has put into it). However, I am well aware that I am not particularly good at moderation (as the stuff with Daiki proved), so I voluntarily choose not to do it unless I really need to, and to delegate powers to the rest of the administration team (because, again, I don't particularly believe in or trust authority).

Ultimately, though, any decision that is made on here is my responsibility, directly or indirectly, because it simply cannot happen unless I am willing to at least stand aside and overlook it (that doesn't apply to the RP, though, since I am not the GM). Plus, I chose Alice as an admin in the first place, and have been involved in choosing the other admins and mods, so I am also indirectly responsible for their decisions in that regard.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 11:30:12 PM by Cherry Lover »

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6821 on: May 15, 2014, 12:14:52 AM »
Can I post in the Velvet room?

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6822 on: May 15, 2014, 12:24:46 AM »
I... think you can anyway, since it's not the main RP. :) Can't confirm for sure though. ^^" Elf will be back in a couple of days to answer for sure though. ^^"

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6823 on: May 15, 2014, 12:31:55 AM »
I just wanted to get the image that I had of the fight going out of my head.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #6824 on: May 15, 2014, 12:40:37 AM »
If you can Grigori will play cards with you. Even if you have no limbs.