Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310389 times)

Brahmastra

Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #6885 on: May 15, 2014, 04:47:38 AM »

I mean, I have no problem explaining things about Forest and Ash when people ask even though its spoilery of my own work.

It helps others plan for the game or spawn ideas.  Not to mention it's a show of trust to fellow gamers.

And, likewise, I'd break out the lessons on Hindu myth and Apocrypha if anyone has any questions towards Karna. I feel confident in saying that I should be able to put in a good amount of information on every listed Ability or piece of equipment on his sheet.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 04:48:48 AM by Brahmastra »

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6886 on: May 15, 2014, 04:51:38 AM »
I am personally willing to give full on dissertations on Minato, including the postgame stuff I made up...

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6887 on: May 15, 2014, 04:54:57 AM »
I already told people in here that they can get stuff if they ally with my characters.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6888 on: May 15, 2014, 05:10:38 AM »
My explanations may be slightly vague for my characters but I can prolly do Downy and his fellow generals with ease, and don't get me started on Medea.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6889 on: May 15, 2014, 06:12:38 AM »
I said this via PM but trust is basically impossible for me after the constant attempts to get me banned and a continuous attempt to murder my characters ( even going so far as to never correct a new player about the nature of the game at large) conspiring in a group to do so. I can't say being forced to give out information is fair in light of this.

even if I were willing you would all bitch for five plus days about every little thing. I'm not exactly looking forward to that.

I think that given the circumstances trust needs to be given here first.

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #6890 on: May 15, 2014, 06:33:49 AM »
I said this via PM but trust is basically impossible for me after the constant attempts to get me banned and a continuous attempt to murder my characters ( even going so far as to never correct a new player about the nature of the game at large) conspiring in a group to do so. I can't say being forced to give out information is fair in light of this.

even if I were willing you would all bitch for five plus days about every little thing. I'm not exactly looking forward to that.

I think that given the circumstances trust needs to be given here first.

I've been reading this for a bit. I think the problem is that you've put too much focus to Satoshi without any regard to other people's characters. From all these pages adding up to 460, I think they tried to get you to see reason in what is wrong with your actions. Something which you seem to be having some difficult time trying to comprehend. Granted that Arch has been abrasive through out the whole thing, I believe he has good reason to when every single problem discussed on that thread has been pertaining about you. Now, I haven't read the actual RP. But, judging by the reactions of the majority and all the problems that keep popping up in there, it really looks like the problem truly lies on your OC.  (Which apparently is an understatement to some of you)

I honestly believe that it is wise to finally tell people about it, even if it means causing more arguments. You owe these people. They are more than entitled to it. They put up with you whether they liked it or not. In fact they were forced to because you had Cherry Lover always covering your back. And even if they don't like it, then try to be cooperative with them. And by that, try to get them to help you out on trying to make some kind of explanation for all the stuff about Satoshi. There's nothing wrong in asking for help. And yes, that would mean Arch would have to tone down accordingly. Which I'm sure he'll be happy to oblige if you actually try. Because honestly, after reading all what has happened, I'm surprised some of these people haven't left the site yet.

This may lead to dismantling some of the stuff that Satoshi may have. But this is really for the best. Because at this point, he is so overpowered that there is nothing interesting about him. And from what I read so far of people's reactions, I seem to be right on that regard at the least. It seriously can't hurt to try to get people on your side by complying and actually trying. It's difficult, but it'll pay off in the long run. Trust me, at this rate, you have to change.

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6891 on: May 15, 2014, 06:38:38 AM »
No Salto, I'm not putting myself out just to be shit on.

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #6892 on: May 15, 2014, 06:40:15 AM »
It's called growing up. Or otherwise this is going to be a continual cycle that is going to breakdown into something worse.

Edit: Once finals are over, I'm considering.... this guy.

To any of you Jojo fans, REPENT! FOR I, GIORNO, WILL FUCK YO SHIT UP.

...Nah, I'm kidding. I'm still thinking on who I should choose.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 07:15:14 AM by Salto »

> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6893 on: May 15, 2014, 07:15:13 AM »
No Salto, I don't need to grow up, I already did that. I've tried to go out of my way to explain, all that happens is I get abused for it. In keeping with that I grew up to realize no one here wants answers, they just want a reason to scream at me and demand I conform to their thought patterns. The thing absent here is a lack of respect reinforced by narrow views. I sir, have a right to my thoughts, my conclusions and my characters. Forcing me to change is wrong. I already got help in developing the characters, I don't think I need anymore and it's arrogant to think yourselves better than my previous helpers.

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #6894 on: May 15, 2014, 07:45:15 AM »
No Salto, I don't need to grow up, I already did that. I've tried to go out of my way to explain, all that happens is I get abused for it. In keeping with that I grew up to realize no one here wants answers, they just want a reason to scream at me and demand I conform to their thought patterns. The thing absent here is a lack of respect reinforced by narrow views. I sir, have a right to my thoughts, my conclusions and my characters. Forcing me to change is wrong. I already got help in developing the characters, I don't think I need anymore and it's arrogant to think yourselves better than my previous helpers.

Oh boy. Here we go.

No. You didn't. If you said you did, then it's already a red flag saying you didn't. You only did a sub-par job at it when people are still reasonably pissed at your actions. You never seem to learn, only just changing to just for the sake of shutting up people. Just like a child who tries to shut his nagging parents up. That's the problem, you don't seem to try to get the actual point. You don't try to see it at their own perspective. Dehumanizing others isn't going to get you anywhere, Lantz. Never will.

Yes, you do have a right about your thoughts and so forth. But others have a right to criticize them. That's life. Forcing you to change? It's for the better considering what you've done to them. And it's still not enough apparently. Lack of respect? I'm sorry, but all these pages says otherwise. Seeing how exactly you tend to be the problem. I'm surprised Alice and Elf doesn't have an ulcer from all of this. People have tried to be reasonable to you. Only to end up being spitted in their face.

Maybe you're right that I am arrogant. But to think yourself as perfect as you are right now is also fallible to pure narcissism. Even if you're hiding behind the excuse that everyone's out to get you. Have fun being called out as a blatant Mary Sue and continuing the cycle. Someday everyone is going to be sick of it and just quit roleplaying with you. That's the future it's heading to at this rate. In fact, it's going to happen. You just need to make the first step to stop it, Lantz. But of course like all the other people before me, you'll ignore it.

I'll just step back for now. Don't worry, I don't plan on doing anything with you. The textwalls are just a result of something inside me wanting to say a few things before shutting up about it for sometime. For now, I'll just enjoy myself rping a bit here (if I figure out what I ever want to do) while watching how things go~
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 07:56:57 AM by Salto »

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6895 on: May 15, 2014, 09:12:01 AM »
No Salto, I don't need to grow up, I already did that.

People should keep growing up all the time. Just because you think you already did so doesn't mean that you did and even if so, it doesn't mean you should stop doing so.

I've tried to go out of my way to explain, all that happens is I get abused for it.

Then you should find out why you get "abused" for doing such. If it happens all the time, maybe the problem is in you.

In keeping with that I grew up to realize no one here wants answers, they just want a reason to scream at me and demand I conform to their thought patterns.

In these statements, you are saying that you want people to unquestioningly accept your answers without further inquiry and you want them to accept your thought patterns instead.

The thing absent here is a lack of respect reinforced by narrow views. I sir, have a right to my thoughts, my conclusions and my characters. Forcing me to change is wrong.

And we also have the rights to our thoughts and conclusions. If our thoughts and conclusions dictate that your thoughts and conclusions are faulty at best and self-serving at worst, you can't make us change that unless you give out a satisfying and logical course of action. And as for change? Can't stop doing that either.

I already got help in developing the characters, I don't think I need anymore and it's arrogant to think yourselves better than my previous helpers.

This is the same thing with growing up and changing: People should keep getting help especially in the field of writing and you should, of course, not stop doing this. Now you might say "how about the 'help' that can potentially damage my work?" and I will tell you that there is such thing as common sense and logic to aid your judgement.

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #6896 on: May 15, 2014, 09:39:52 AM »
Gray, if you want a host, I'll volunteer. Just tell me what exactly it entails for me.

Edit: At least until I get a character, lol

Edit 2: Brahmastra, sir! What page does the Karna and Gilgamesh fight start?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 09:47:33 AM by Salto »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6897 on: May 15, 2014, 11:20:08 AM »
Salto, Ivan, bullying is never correct. There is no reason it is ever acceptable. If you cannot understand that and wish to see the bullies as valid then you might as well stop here.

And no Salto I have tried to explain everything, people do not listen. Case in point, crying and bitching about canon when the story (and my repeated statements) show that the story at hand immediately raises a flag saying, in universe this presentation doesn't directly follow canon because of the blasted plot.

and again, no body listened. Same as you're doing here. I'm not the only fucking problem here either so don't go acting like I am.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6898 on: May 15, 2014, 11:43:54 AM »
Is all criticism bullying for you?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6899 on: May 15, 2014, 11:50:43 AM »
No Kat, but I can point to at least a dozen posts made by you that are bullying. Meaning that you really shouldn't be a part of this discussion.