Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310317 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #6915 on: May 15, 2014, 03:26:55 PM »
Hmm, how many posts per page do you have? Because for me the RP thread is at 126 pages already, and your fight didn't start until after page 100 at least.

Brahmastra

« Reply #6916 on: May 15, 2014, 03:37:39 PM »
If you dont use 50 posts per page, you're doing it wrong.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6917 on: May 15, 2014, 04:02:54 PM »
I'm too lazy for that.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6918 on: May 15, 2014, 04:15:48 PM »
Gray, if you want a host, I'll volunteer. Just tell me what exactly it entails for me.

Edit: At least until I get a character, lol

Edit 2: Brahmastra, sir! What page does the Karna and Gilgamesh fight start?

I have something in the works with Soldat.

The details of host takeover are in my character sheet. I can PM you if you want further clarification i can PM it to you.

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #6919 on: May 15, 2014, 04:31:38 PM »
Salto, Ivan, bullying is never correct. There is no reason it is ever acceptable. If you cannot understand that and wish to see the bullies as valid then you might as well stop here.

And no Salto I have tried to explain everything, people do not listen. Case in point, crying and bitching about canon when the story (and my repeated statements) show that the story at hand immediately raises a flag saying, in universe this presentation doesn't directly follow canon because of the blasted plot.

and again, no body listened. Same as you're doing here. I'm not the only fucking problem here either so don't go acting like I am.

>>Bullying.

Man, I'm drawing parallels between you and this guy. But hey, keep on rolling. See how this plays out.

I'm watching.

Lawl, btw? I think the idea of "if it's not the fucking sheet, he cannot do that" should be enforced very tightly at this point. Just saying.

I have something in the works with Soldat.

The details of host takeover are in my character sheet. I can PM you if you want further clarification i can PM it to you.

Roger. I'll let you know once I got things straightened out.

Uh, IIRC Karna comes into play on page 34-35

Thanks, Brah.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 04:37:12 PM by Salto »

On 3/22/15, at 10:09 AM, Donkey Punch Fucker! wrote:
> On 3/22/15, at 10:07 AM, ReverseLogic wrote:
> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6920 on: May 15, 2014, 04:39:40 PM »
Guys, come to this forum's IRC channel. Maybe we can talk there.

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #6921 on: May 15, 2014, 04:40:36 PM »
There's an IRC? Link me?

> > seriously, again, I ran one of the weakest characters. you keep obsessing over abilities and powers
> Power, it's something so... so intangible. Yet, has such a strong grip upon me. I... I want it. I desire it, in my hands, in my life, in my soul. And once I have, I will simply want more, while jealously guarding what I have.

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #6923 on: May 15, 2014, 04:45:34 PM »
Thanks!

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6924 on: May 15, 2014, 07:55:35 PM »
I love how I'm one of the examples of a hater when I've actually provided a large amount of advice, criticism, and ideas all in one convenient package. Complete with anger, to spice it up admittedly, but it's all still in there.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6925 on: May 15, 2014, 08:06:16 PM »
Arch, whilst you have had useful things to say, a lot of your advice has been along the lines of "throw it all away and start again", which isn't overly constructive (especially when repeated for the 50th time to someone who has made it clear they are not going to do so), and it has usually been interspersed with a lot of insults and overly-negative comments that are always likely to put someone off from taking notice of it. And, when you are being reasonable, Lantz has such a low opinion of you due to past actions that he tends to assume you're being rude anyway.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 08:06:53 PM by Cherry Lover »

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #6926 on: May 15, 2014, 08:28:12 PM »
"throw it all away and start again"

To be fair, I can't blame him on that part when that whole application looks like this:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Except with every convenient power.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 08:29:36 PM by Salto »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6927 on: May 15, 2014, 08:36:04 PM »
Whether or not he's right isn't really relevant, it's still not overly-helpful advice, at least not when you're saying it for the 50th time to someone who is quite clearly not willing to throw away all their work. It also does tend to come across as offensive to the person you're saying it to, because people generally don't like being told that something they've put significant effort into is that bad.

Puck-Chan

• NPC
  • Sup
    • View Profile
« Reply #6928 on: May 15, 2014, 08:38:00 PM »
He's an adult, not a baby. You can give your best effort in something, but no one is going to give a shit in the real world, lmao. This is why he needs to grow up.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6929 on: May 15, 2014, 08:47:53 PM »
Equally, though, there is no reason why Lantz has to take notice of people telling him his work is bad, so that argument is useless. If you're offensive to him then he's just not going to take any notice, and that gets you nowhere.

Like I said, it is human nature to not like people saying "you suck". If you want to get through to someone then you need to be actually helpful, otherwise they will just not listen.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 08:48:32 PM by Cherry Lover »