Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310390 times)

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #6960 on: May 16, 2014, 01:01:21 AM »
Yeah YOLF, I didn't entirely respond, I felt that getting that point out there was a primary requirement for the conversation to move forward.

How do you move the conversation forward if you change subjects and don't address the current points?

before this RP the context was them asking spoiler stuff of the fanfic, which we've already established is ok to keep tight lipped about. In regards to the RP I take the point that I ought to be more open but my previous points about conspiracy to pk also stand.

Metagaming like that is forbidden, and I doubt anyone, most of all Elf, will stand for such blatant use of it even if you do elaborate upon your characters when asked to do so.

so no I don't disagree exactly but before moving forward I would like the other side to acknowledge the problem they have willfully created.

Lantz, the problem honestly comes from both sides. That was the point I was trying to make, which seems to have flown over your head.

(The troubling thing is at this point, the problem is also an inflationary vicious cycle that can't be easily broken.)

I don't believe in caustic criticism, rage blinds the point. I want to understand feedback, not feel like killing myself is a valid life option. People are smart enough to have an opinion, they should be smart enough to convey said opinion without the anger.

If you are honestly that sensitive I suggest you take some time off from this or not even venture into any place where you can receive feedback to begin with lantz.

I'm not saying it's right for people to give opinions and critique interlaced with anger or demeaning words, but it happens partially because of you. I tell you to try and distinguish the points people make from the offensive portions of their retorts, and to think about them, since this keeps happening because most of the time you don't address any points well to begin with. Refer back to the previous part of this reply. You are as responsible for the situation as everyone else whose interjections you take offense to, in a way.

Also, hey, Brah, watch the choice of words. xD
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 01:02:54 AM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6961 on: May 16, 2014, 01:03:08 AM »
Starting the thread yourself makes it harder for me to mediate but not by much.

Any future questions about Lantz's Characters should be directed here
http://darksidemoon.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,398.0.html
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 01:04:00 AM by Kurogami »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6962 on: May 16, 2014, 01:06:33 AM »
Starting the thread yourself makes it harder for me to mediate but not by much.

Honestly, I don't think it does at all. Being the thread starter doesn't really get you special privileges, it's more the context of the thread (so, in a fanfic thread the author has some limited ability to say "no, I don't want this here", whereas in a general discussion thread about a broad topic the creator is irrelevant).

Ultimately, it's entirely at the discretion of the moderation team what is and is not enforced, and whether you or Lantz started the thread doesn't really change that.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 01:07:58 AM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6963 on: May 16, 2014, 01:09:19 AM »
Thank you Kuro

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6964 on: May 16, 2014, 01:49:31 AM »
I appreciate that you've thought of such a containment thread so it doesn't screw over the rest of the RPers Kuro.

Lantz, You seem to be a little dismissive of my arguments, do you think I am one of those "haters" or "trolls" yet?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6965 on: May 16, 2014, 02:23:16 AM »
You tend to be overly forceful Gray, it makes you hard to respond to.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6966 on: May 16, 2014, 02:45:48 AM »
May you elaborate on the forcefullness? I've been trying to remain calm and polite. I made the comment about your character practically coming from original fiction since the context of the Nasuverse defines very little of their abilities and that I have to basically assume as much as I would with a completely original character about.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6967 on: May 16, 2014, 02:55:11 AM »
Gray, have you decided with what character your symbiote will merge, since I could volunteer with a third character.

Brahmastra

« Reply #6968 on: May 16, 2014, 03:13:06 AM »
Wait, wait wait, lantz. We're supposed to believe that Satoshi forged a sword with rank that implies it's power is equal to Ea, Avalon, Vasavi Shakti and Transmigration Unto One, while stark raving batshit, with his own hands? I assure you that people have hated a lot more and gotten a less out of it.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6969 on: May 16, 2014, 03:15:01 AM »
I still haven't gotten word from Soldat. I'll PM him on BL to as I don't thing he checks DSM too much.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6970 on: May 16, 2014, 03:18:57 AM »
Gray, have you decided with what character your symbiote will merge, since I could volunteer with a third character.
Probably what I'd suggest doing is trying different people to see if there's strong compatibility with anyone else. Anyone that doesn't want to be involved with this can just state as such and with which characters if it's for anyone specific in the thread. If none of the remaining characters are a match, than Kat can make the specially made character. :)

...Honestly, I think that's partly why the whole fight earlier was so infuriating, it could have been solved much earlier on if lantz had just said in the thread that he didn't want Toshi to bond with the Symbiote before anything did anything further instead of reacting how he did with Toshi in the RP itself. ...I'll drop it at that though, the less drama the better. ^^"

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6971 on: May 16, 2014, 03:24:00 AM »
Part of me wishes I didn't need permission as that's just how symbiotes work, but since he only threatened me with Satoshi instead of telling me to cease and desist out of character I thought he was inviting the struggle.

Brahmastra

« Reply #6972 on: May 16, 2014, 03:26:36 AM »
The biggest problem is that we have a ruleset that enforces pacifism to an extreme because you cant do any permanent damage to anyone ever without their stamp, signature and social security number.

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #6973 on: May 16, 2014, 03:28:06 AM »
Well, you and Moony didn't really care about that. With hits being exchanged without permission. Made it a bit more fluid.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6974 on: May 16, 2014, 03:29:04 AM »
Brah this is not the place for this discussion.

Gray, while you may not have understood it, I did attempt to get you to stop out of character.