Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 309775 times)

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #7035 on: May 18, 2014, 01:05:11 AM »
I like Tobias. He's pretty reasonable when Active, Theocrass if pretty cool guy (who also shares my love of Lancelot), Five_X has been pretty reasonable so far, from my interactions with IRUN with my attempts to get into the his JoJo RP he also seems to be pretty awesome.
Altima is pretty big sakura fan so I thought that you two'd get along.

You did give a lot of vitriol to them near the end if I'm reading your blog posts right though.

Did I miss anyone of the more frequent mods/admins?

From my perspective Mike they all seemed pretty good Mods or people so what caused them all to become apparently worse than Hitler when they banned you?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 01:11:41 AM by Gray »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7036 on: May 18, 2014, 01:12:03 AM »
I like Tobias. He's pretty reasonable when Active, Theocrass if pretty cool guy (who also shares my love of Lancelot), Five_X has been pretty reasonable so far, from my interactions with IRUN with my attempts to get into the his JoJo RP he also seems to be pretty awesome.

IRUn and Theo are alright. Tobias I thought was reasonable, but he made no effort whatsoever to even try to talk to me before voting to ban me (or afterwards when I asked), and Five was even worse in that respect.

Altima is pretty big sakura fan so I thought that you two'd get along.

We did, until he banned me completely unfairly and against even their own rules on bans....

You did give a lot of vitriol to them near the end if I'm reading your blog posts right though.

Well, I pointed out their flaws quite strongly, yes. I did perhaps take it a bit far sometimes, but I still think that their response was way too extreme.

Did I miss anyone of the more frequent mods/admins?

Not really, although some of them were more active when I was around.

From my perspective Mike they all seemed pretty good Mods or people so what caused them all to become apparently worse than Hitler when they banned you?

Well, of course they seemed OK to you, you don't rock the boat or question their decisions. As soon as you do that they start getting a lot worse....

Admittedly, I am not the best at communicating, and nor are they, so we often ended up at crossed wires somewhat, but they were fully aware of that and they still went ahead with it. I sent you a message before explaining what happened, you should read that....
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 01:16:38 AM by Cherry Lover »

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: May 18, 2014, 01:14:24 AM »
Five_X is a cool guy, fellow Paradox fan.

Brahmastra

« Reply #7038 on: May 18, 2014, 01:14:52 AM »
The only mod I would even call below-average is DP, and maybe Altima, but none of the mods or admins are people I could ever call incompetent at what they do. Your opinion reeks far away of personal bias, Mike, therefor I'm not considering it.

RamKingSpaceSlamKatsulam

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: May 18, 2014, 01:18:21 AM »
Yes, she was (and still is), but she's not really responsible for the rest of the team, and she was probably the best communicator of the lot (she was the one who ended up writing the ultimatum they gave me, despite not even agreeing with it, and she is also the only one who ever actually managed to help me with anything, since Altima just got pissy when I didn't do exactly what he said). The rest of them are damn awful, though, and everything they did was very private and with no attempt to talk to the person in question.
Way to talk trash about me and my Good Friends behind our backs.  Gosh.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: May 18, 2014, 01:18:35 AM »
The only mod I would even call below-average is DP, and maybe Altima, but none of the mods or admins are people I could ever call incompetent at what they do. Your opinion reeks far away of personal bias, Mike, therefor I'm not considering it.

Well, of course I am biased. Equally, though, you don't have as much experience dealing with them as I do.

DP is a terrible admin, though, and Altima is also terrible (I think that literally no-one thinks he handled the situation surrounding my ban well, even if some think I should have been banned a long time before). As for the mods, most of them don't even do anything. I would agree, though, that the mods are not bad at moderation, they're just too authoritarian and don't like criticism.

Yes, she was (and still is), but she's not really responsible for the rest of the team, and she was probably the best communicator of the lot (she was the one who ended up writing the ultimatum they gave me, despite not even agreeing with it, and she is also the only one who ever actually managed to help me with anything, since Altima just got pissy when I didn't do exactly what he said). The rest of them are damn awful, though, and everything they did was very private and with no attempt to talk to the person in question.

They are all perfectly capable of reading and posting on this forum if they so desire, and I would happily post this on BL if I were allowed to. It's not my fault they choose not to allow me to say how I feel in a place where they can easily reply.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 01:21:40 AM by Cherry Lover »

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: May 18, 2014, 01:20:19 AM »
I read it.
That was more directed at Altima. I just wanted to know the specifics on the other guys as it couldn't have been a one man wrecking team knocking you out.

Also didn't they give you multiple warnings IIRC from my little skiming of that fiasco?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: May 18, 2014, 01:24:22 AM »
I read it.
That was more directed at Altima. I just wanted to know the specifics on the other guys as it couldn't have been a one man wrecking team knocking you out.

Well, I don't know the specifics of why the other guys voted to ban me, none of them ever said. But, Altima banned me before they voted on it, and I don't for a second believe that the fact that I was already banned and overturning it would make Altima look like an idiot didn't have an effect on the final decision.

Also didn't they give you multiple warnings IIRC from my little skiming of that fiasco?

Not that I recall.

RamKingSpaceSlamKatsulam

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: May 18, 2014, 01:25:31 AM »

Well, of course I am biased. Equally, though, you don't have as much experience dealing with them as I do.

DP is a terrible admin, though, and Altima is also terrible (I think that literally no-one thinks he handled the situation surrounding my ban well, even if some think I should have been banned a long time before). As for the mods, most of them don't even do anything. I would agree, though, that the mods are not bad at moderation, they're just too authoritarian and don't like criticism.

They are all perfectly capable of reading and posting on this forum if they so desire, and I would happily post this on BL if I were allowed to. It's not my fault they choose not to allow me to say how I feel in a place where they can easily reply.
Rude.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: May 18, 2014, 01:27:05 AM »
Frankly regardless of the situation I don't think this is the right thread for it.

I will say the mystery (and more importantly the possibility that some users are aware while others are in the dark) has me a bit concerned

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: May 18, 2014, 01:29:13 AM »
Aren't you contradicting yourself, calling them authoritarian, yet saying they don't do much?

Brahmastra

« Reply #7046 on: May 18, 2014, 01:29:18 AM »
To use your own argument against you lantz, I can't post spoilers.

June

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: May 18, 2014, 01:29:49 AM »
Why am I seeing administration ranting about the mods of another forum? What kind of infantile shit is this?

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: May 18, 2014, 01:31:40 AM »
That's a bit of contradiction you got there man. You said most of them don't really do anything and called them pretty authoritarian in the same breath.
From my roughly limited perspective it seems that they act when the really need to and stand by their decisions when they do.
BL seems to be a pretty free place to chat around to me. The only time I got a mod breathing down my neck was when I called somethig cancer and even then I just had to explain that it was metaphor instead of a complete dismissal of the idea and I got off good.

On a side note: I hear you do astrophysics how's that?

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: May 18, 2014, 01:32:46 AM »
Why am I seeing administration ranting about the mods of another forum? What kind of infantile shit is this?

He's not technically an admin. His main job is to maintain the forum, hence the title. The real administration will have either a moderator title, or an administrator title, like me, and either red or green command seals (assuming you're using the default style).

Also, taking a cue from that, I should have stepped in and stopped this a lot sooner. Let's just drop the subject period.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.