Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310278 times)

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #7050 on: May 18, 2014, 01:33:22 AM »
Mike, Life's too short to carry grudges. Once you are seventy years old, you will realize this and go to Altima's senior home to hang out, and compare vintage Sakura figurines.

As for the sekrit announcement, it's a GM call. The fact some people know about it and some don't means nothing, the GM's words are absolute, no matter what they are.

She could suddenly declare Nexus city has its foundations made out of cheese and you'd have to roll with it, for she is GM, and she is God.

Though we might have to change the name to "Cheese Effects."

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7051 on: May 18, 2014, 01:33:35 AM »
That's a bit of contradiction you got there man. You said most of them don't really do anything and called them pretty authoritarian in the same breath.

Authoritarian doesn't mean active....

Anyway, Lantz is right, we shouldn't be discussing this here.

On a side note: I hear you do astrophysics how's that?

It's probably better if we don't discuss this here, either another thread or PM/VM would be better.

As for the sekrit announcement, it's a GM call. The fact some people know about it and some don't means nothing, the GM's words are absolute, no matter what they are.

You're kind-of missing the point there. Obviously, yes, we have to go with it, but that doesn't mean people aren't going to be upset about it, and the fact that some people are seemingly more "in the know" than others is still worrying. Further, it is not remotely surprising that people would speculate about it, that's just normal behaviour in every forum that ever existed.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 01:36:10 AM by Cherry Lover »

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7052 on: May 18, 2014, 01:44:09 AM »
You're kind-of missing the point there. Obviously, yes, we have to go with it, but that doesn't mean people aren't going to be upset about it, and the fact that some people are seemingly more "in the know" than others is still worrying.
You're implying plotting. Stop that right this instant young man, it's disrespectful to the grown-up, mature lady who is capable of deciding her own thoughts and actions.

It's Elf's decision, period.
Further, it is not remotely surprising that people would speculate about it, that's just normal behaviour in every forum that ever existed.
practically what forums were made for, I never said to dish the specula

just the "HOW DO PEOPLE KNOW, I SMELL A PLOT"

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7053 on: May 18, 2014, 01:47:24 AM »
You're kind-of missing the point there. Obviously, yes, we have to go with it, but that doesn't mean people aren't going to be upset about it, and the fact that some people are seemingly more "in the know" than others is still worrying.
You're implying plotting. Stop that right this instant young man, it's disrespectful to the grown-up, mature lady who is capable of deciding her own thoughts and actions.

It's not that I think she's "plotting", it's that it comes across as if she's more willing to talk to people like Brah and Gray about it than she is to me. And, since I have been friends with her for a long time and, thus, wouldn't expect her to be more willing to let them in on a secret than me, that makes me worried that what she is doing is something she knows I won't like, and that she is avoiding telling me for that reason.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7054 on: May 18, 2014, 01:48:49 AM »
Still means you're doubting her.

Seriously just sit tight and wait for the news without >implying betrayal

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7055 on: May 18, 2014, 01:49:28 AM »
"HOW DO PEOPLE KNOW, I SMELL A PLOT"

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7056 on: May 18, 2014, 01:50:15 AM »
Yeah, I know, but I am wary of betrayal now after what happened in the past, so I'm just very paranoid.

Soldat der Trauer

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7057 on: May 18, 2014, 01:52:17 AM »

It's not that I think she's "plotting", it's that it comes across as if she's more willing to talk to people like Brah and Gray about it than she is to me. And, since I have been friends with her for a long time and, thus, wouldn't expect her to be more willing to let them in on a secret than me, that makes me worried that what she is doing is something she knows I won't like, and that she is avoiding telling me for that reason.

...So let me get things straight:

Certain less-than-non-biased-against-you members SAY they know what Elf's news is ... and you instantly *believe* these (from your POV) less than trustworthy sources as telling the truth to *you*?

:V

That's how this ENTIRE argument sounds.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7058 on: May 18, 2014, 01:52:35 AM »
Mike you just need to listen to this song and follow it.
Disney's Frozen "Let It Go" Sequence Performed by Idina Menzel

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7059 on: May 18, 2014, 01:55:21 AM »
Not even the best song in the movie, overhyped

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7060 on: May 18, 2014, 01:56:01 AM »
...So let me get things straight:

Certain less-than-non-biased-against-you members SAY they know what Elf's news is ... and you instantly *believe* these (from your POV) less than trustworthy sources as telling the truth to *you*?

:V

That's how this ENTIRE argument sounds.

Well, I don't know for sure what they know, but they were certainly acting like they had a reasonable amount of knowledge, and I don't think Gray is a troll, so it made sense for me to assume that they did know more than I do. And, having talked to other people, it's pretty clear that Elf did say something on the BL Skype chat, although they probably are reading a lot more into it than was actually said.

Mike you just need to listen to this song and follow it.
Disney's Frozen "Let It Go" Sequence Performed by Idina Menzel

I'll let go when they let go. And, since I am still banned and they have therefore evidentially not let go, why should I be expected to?

Brahmastra

« Reply #7061 on: May 18, 2014, 01:59:09 AM »
Why should they let you come back when you have shown that you don't even understand why you were banned yet. You were given literally dozens of chances but nope! it's all their fault, naturally, because you could never be wrong.

RamKingSpaceSlamKatsulam

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7062 on: May 18, 2014, 02:00:12 AM »
It's all been let go.  No feelings remain.  The world is stable.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7063 on: May 18, 2014, 02:01:34 AM »
Why should they let you come back when you have shown that you don't even understand why you were banned yet.

They have made no effort to discuss it with me or talk to me in any way so, no, I don't understand why I was banned, and as long as they refuse to make the slightest effort to talk to me or be reasonable I never will.

You were given literally dozens of chances but nope! it's all their fault, naturally, because you could never be wrong.

No, I was not given "dozens of chances". Not least because I actually stopped doing the thing they originally complained about, and by their own admission I was improving significantly. But, they suddenly dumped me with that stupid ultimatum out of nowhere, and then Altima banned me for virtually nothing after lying through his teeth to me over MSN.

RamKingSpaceSlamKatsulam

• Data Fragment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7064 on: May 18, 2014, 02:03:15 AM »
The statement that there was not talking is a falsehood.