Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310361 times)

I3uster

• Spiritron
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #7080 on: May 18, 2014, 10:38:51 AM »
How do you have less powers here than you do anywhere else, are there places that don't grant the GM absolute power over every aspect of their game when they do a homebrew/freeform system?

Like, I am not saying that you should post this on BL since that would give this forum the last shove off the cliff into solely being the laugh-at-lantz-and-mike-station that I so adamantly try to turn it into, I just don't get your argument.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7081 on: May 18, 2014, 10:59:25 AM »
I think what she's saying is that by being a GM in a place where she's not simultaneously being an admin, she doesn't have to juggle both at once, thus giving her more freedom. She can put all her focus onto regulating the RP without having to focus nearly as much on having to regulate any squabbling inside the discussion thread. ...And before you say anything, I'm certain that the stricter regulations will make this much easier for us to moderate effectively, so we can do our jobs properly without having to deal with waves upon waves of drama that come in so many swells that it's almost nigh impossible to moderate properly.

So yeah, I think it's more that it's less stressful for her to GM in a place where she's not shouldering two responsibilities at the same time more than anything.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: May 18, 2014, 11:00:34 AM »
I'm all for a reboot honestly, things started out too cluttered in the first bit and this time around I think I'll only need six characters maybe five.

Ivan The Mouse

• "Please don't kill me, I made your bread!"
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: May 18, 2014, 11:31:39 AM »
I'd say we reboot the RP but stay true to the original rules and add some more to curtail the powergaming that's happening right now. I mean, this RP is supposed to be about "[...]I want this RP to be about interaction, world building, and characterization.", as per words of Ma'am Elf herself.

And please, let's not reduce the number of characters we can play, only on how powerful they can be.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 11:32:10 AM by Ivan The Mouse »

Brahmastra

« Reply #7084 on: May 18, 2014, 11:35:57 AM »
I was told as long as I remove the mountains and Brahma weapons I can keep Karna as he is now. So long as there's no abusing of it, there's nothing inherently bad about strong characters.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7085 on: May 18, 2014, 11:45:42 AM »
I'd say we reboot the RP but stay true to the original rules and add some more to curtail the powergaming that's happening right now. I mean, this RP is supposed to be about "[...]I want this RP to be about interaction, world building, and characterization.", as per words of Ma'am Elf herself.

And please, let's not reduce the number of characters we can play, only on how powerful they can be.
I think that's actually going to happen. Though you'll get the exact details once Elf makes the new threads. :)

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7086 on: May 18, 2014, 01:01:24 PM »
Hope Grigori gets accepted smoothly, I need someone to experiment on Mordred.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #7087 on: May 18, 2014, 01:36:41 PM »
As long as Satoshi and his merry band of cultists aren't allowed back in I'm all for it.

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7088 on: May 18, 2014, 03:29:23 PM »
Is the concept of my power consuming Grim to metagamy for the reboot?

I have some back up plans for permanent host if the thing with Soldat falls through.

I like experimenting with power sets and growth and see this RP as a little experimental playground to improve my writing skills would it be okay if my characters did improve in power set or skill as time went on in this RP, they would get into fights but I'd try to keep them within reason and in character. Would that be fine? as I don't want my experimenting to mess up other players.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7089 on: May 18, 2014, 03:55:25 PM »
Waking up to drama and then Reboot makes me Shaft head-tilt.
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: May 18, 2014, 04:01:06 PM »
I was told as long as I remove the mountains and Brahma weapons I can keep Karna as he is now. So long as there's no abusing of it, there's nothing inherently bad about strong characters.

Well, yeah, that's the point I was making. OP characters are fine, but OP characters that you use to basically control the RP and force everyone else to follow your lead are not.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7091 on: May 18, 2014, 04:09:08 PM »
Well, yeah, that's the point I was making. OP characters are fine, but OP characters that you use to basically control the RP and force everyone else to follow your lead are not.
So Satoshi shouldn't be allowed. I'm glad we can all agreed that this is the best choice for the RP, Mike.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #7092 on: May 18, 2014, 04:10:05 PM »
Good, no Satoshi allowed then.

And dammit lyco you ninja'd me.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7093 on: May 18, 2014, 04:19:45 PM »
Waking up to drama and then Reboot makes me Shaft head-tilt.

Hmm, is that so, Lycodrake-kun? I thought you were the kind of person to be more clearly overjoyed by this. But if you went past a certain point, you'd be a pervert, wouldn't you.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7094 on: May 18, 2014, 04:23:17 PM »
And dammit lyco you ninja'd me.

*Senjougahara gif snip*

Hmm, is that so, Lycodrake-kun? I thought you were the kind of person to be more clearly overjoyed by this. But if you went past a certain point, you'd be a pervert, wouldn't you.
Dang it, YOLF. >v>
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 04:35:24 PM by Lycodrake »