Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310331 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #7110 on: May 18, 2014, 06:17:27 PM »
As well as friggin Satoshi.

Mooncake

• Mongrels don't know
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7111 on: May 18, 2014, 06:20:29 PM »
Well, I'm sorry that our battle forced meaningful character interaction. If only that could be achieved without playing our characters. What a shame. I'm so sorry that two players did something in a group RP that you don't agree with, automatically making it a terrible incident that you feel the need to bring up at every turn even though you've flat out stated you were going to ignore it. Please, accept my most sincere apologies for us playing our characters in an incident that doesn't actually force anyone to do anything they don't want to since we haven't actually mentally interfered with them or told them do do something, thus leaving them complete freedom to respond however they want, up to and including ignoring our battle. Please, again, accept my most sincere apologies.
Spoiler for Hiden:
[img=http://wallpaperus.org/wallpapers/03/103/gilgamesh-fate-1950x800-wallpaper-1718691.jpg][/img]

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7112 on: May 18, 2014, 06:23:34 PM »
It was awesome though.

I would suggest any large scale battles in the future take place in a nearby empty dimension or some plot device be used to prevent mass death and destruction, that way the people who don't want to fight won't feel like their getting dragged in by the people who do.

If needed I could try making a character to do that.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7113 on: May 18, 2014, 06:25:34 PM »
With the reboot, I could reconsider my exclusion of Lycodrake Aptera's "Spawn of Typhon and Echidna" form - aka KAIJU LYCO.
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Umbra of Chaos

• Not Actually a Mod
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #7114 on: May 18, 2014, 06:31:24 PM »
It was awesome though.

I would suggest any large scale battles in the future take place in a nearby empty dimension or some plot device be used to prevent mass death and destruction, that way the people who don't want to fight won't feel like their getting dragged in by the people who do.

Grigori or Downy could probably pull it off.

Kurogami

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7115 on: May 18, 2014, 06:32:07 PM »
But would they?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7116 on: May 18, 2014, 06:32:31 PM »
It was awesome though.

Yeah, pretty much. The problem is not having a big fight, it's having a big fight that everyone else simply can't ignore, at least not if they want to remain in-character. And, also, having ridiculously OP characters who cannot possibly be beaten aside from by each other.

And, what I said is 100% true. If Elf had just had enough of Satoshi, she would have just kicked him from the RP or nerfed him and then got on with it. That was part of the reason for the reboot, but not the only reason.

Brahmastra

« Reply #7117 on: May 18, 2014, 06:35:03 PM »

This sounds boring though, especially if you're going to make a character around it. Large-scale battles have no impact without destruction.

I'd like to point out that the reboot happened shortly after you guys started your mass battle. True, it's certainly not the only reason for it, but it was part of it.

I'd like to point out that the reboot happened almost two weeks after the battle's conclusion, and within no time of the recent lantz-metagaming incident that caused ragequits.

I've conversed with Elf on the topic before we even started the battle. There was absolutely nothing wrong with anything that happened in it.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 06:36:29 PM by Brahmastra »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7118 on: May 18, 2014, 06:43:42 PM »
Well given current characters nerfing Satoshi power wise won't help anything. As for his personality, the guy has one button and it's a pretty reasonable one, killing people. If you don't threaten to or otherwise murder people he'll be fine with you.

as for his proactive nature, well I dunno, not much wrong with that in and of itself.

if you guys have honest non snark ridden suggestions go ahead

Gray

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7119 on: May 18, 2014, 06:50:45 PM »
Well I guess it's time to make a genocidal maniac!

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7120 on: May 18, 2014, 06:51:50 PM »
I'd like to point out that the reboot happened almost two weeks after the battle's conclusion, and within no time of the recent lantz-metagaming incident that caused ragequits.

As I said, though, if the only problem was Lantz then there is no reason for a reboot. There is clearly a bigger issue there, and the increase in OPness of characters (and their willingness to use that power indiscriminately) was definitely part of it.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7121 on: May 18, 2014, 06:53:22 PM »
I don't see how a magic-based symbiote prompting lantz to meta-game is related to Brah and Moon having Karna and Gilgamesh duke it out.
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7122 on: May 18, 2014, 06:55:12 PM »
I don't see how a magic-based symbiote prompting lantz to meta-game is related to Brah and Moon having Karna and Gilgamesh duke it out.

As I said, though, Lantz is clearly not the sole reason for the reboot. If Lantz was the only problem then Elf would have just dealt with Lantz....

Brahmastra

« Reply #7123 on: May 18, 2014, 06:55:15 PM »
and the increase in OPness of characters (and their willingness to use that power indiscriminately) was definitely part of it.

Hah, that's rich! The only people we used the OPness of our characters against was people of equal power. Against anyone not of that power tier, both the characters in question would not use that level of power (Karna because he knows restraint and Gil out of lack of need/carelessness), as I evidenced against Umbra's PARIAH.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 06:56:01 PM by Brahmastra »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7124 on: May 18, 2014, 07:01:53 PM »
Brah regardless of anything you wiped out a large portion of the city. Party foul.

Gray just stop. You clearly don't actually care so please stay out of it.