Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310501 times)

Kat

• Moon Cancer
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #7140 on: May 18, 2014, 07:43:40 PM »
Or he would make sure that birth control was applied.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #7141 on: May 18, 2014, 07:46:40 PM »
Which would make Rider and Matou Sakura pop out of existence because they are then paradoxes.

Which is something my other magus character would be very, very interested in testing.

If only to see the psychological effects it would have on people close to them.

Boy he is going to be fun as well.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 07:47:20 PM by Knick »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7142 on: May 18, 2014, 07:50:43 PM »
The thing is this is a Tokiomi at age 18. He is not the head of the Tohsaka family yet, and although is getting close he is not yet in the archetypical magus mind set.

Then, surely, meeting his own family will change him quite a bit, just like how Rin's path was changed by the Grail War (in all three routes).

Also he is kinda smug. It somewhat comes with being the only child of a magus family. Honestly he is like Rin without the tsundere part of her. He will probably convince himself that these people are crazy and try to ignore them.

It's kind-of difficult for him to ignore the fact that Rin and one of Sakura's daughters uses Tohsaka magecraft and that Rin has the crest, though.

Also I doubt anything you say will actually set him of the path of the magus he as chosen.

Probably not, but if canon Tokiomi had known what would happen to Sakura I don't think he'd have sent her to Zouken.

He will be so much fun.

Lol, possibly.

(i.e., Rider and Shirou would force him to promise at sword/nail point never to hand his daughter over to Zouken...).

Which would make Rider and Matou Sakura pop out of existence because they are paradoxes.

Nope, for the same reason as Ryoko (Rin and Dark Archer's daughter) showing up in her own past doesn't cause her to not exist. It's a different universe, nothing they do will affect their own existence.

Brahmastra

« Reply #7143 on: May 18, 2014, 07:52:22 PM »
Terumi will probably stop them just because he wants to see them and Sakura suffer. It'll be great.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7144 on: May 18, 2014, 07:52:29 PM »
Exactly what I said Gray, I asked for feedback and you decided to be a jerk. As it stands every time a player has come to me with an idea I've gone with it. Satoshi and the rest have been restrained to be sidelined guys as best as possible. I'm being bloody cooperative here but it's still not enough for the rest of you.

I don't see how I can make Satoshi fit whatever crazy requirements you've gotten in your heads, no way that's bloody fair anyway.

Brahmastra

« Reply #7145 on: May 18, 2014, 07:53:42 PM »
Exactly what I said Gray, I asked for feedback and you decided to be a jerk. As it stands every time a player has come to me with an idea I've gone with it. Satoshi and the rest have been restrained to be sidelined guys as best as possible. I'm being bloody cooperative here but it's still not enough for the rest of you.

I don't see how I can make Satoshi fit whatever crazy requirements you've gotten in your heads, no way that's bloody fair anyway.

>Cooperative

>Whines when a character almost does damage to Satoshi.

roflmao

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7146 on: May 18, 2014, 08:00:24 PM »
Permanent damage without consent is against the rules Brah.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #7147 on: May 18, 2014, 08:01:30 PM »
-snip

You underestimate the shear ability of Tokiomi to ignore things he does not want to acknowledge. Just saying. 

Brahmastra

« Reply #7148 on: May 18, 2014, 08:01:47 PM »
Satoshi has more healing than you can shake a stick at, I'd not even be surprised if he just restored whatever damage was (almost) done to his Circuits if Grim had been successful.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7149 on: May 18, 2014, 08:09:52 PM »
-snip

You underestimate the shear ability of Tokiomi to ignore things he does not want to acknowledge. Just saying.

Well, perhaps, but I see no reason why he wouldn't want to acknowledge that he had daughters and grandchildren....

Brahmastra

« Reply #7150 on: May 18, 2014, 08:11:35 PM »
Mike I feel you should rewatch Zero and marvel that Tokiomi basically goes "Ok, coolbeans" when Kariya tells him what's up with Sakura.

Lycodrake

• Multi-Classed Idol
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7151 on: May 18, 2014, 08:12:37 PM »
Mike I feel you should rewatch Zero and marvel that Tokiomi basically goes "Ok, coolbeans" when Kariya tells him what's up with Sakura.
Kariya doesn't actually specify or give details, Brah. Kariya is also brain-damaged.
Spoiler for Best -monogatari:

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #7152 on: May 18, 2014, 08:15:56 PM »

Kariya isn't exactly clear about what is going on and, plus, Kariya is an enemy in the Grail War who Tokiomi doesn't trust one bit.

Knick

• Sentient NPC
  • Sion is Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #7153 on: May 18, 2014, 08:16:10 PM »
Well, perhaps, but I see no reason why he wouldn't want to acknowledge that he had daughters and grandchildren....

Tell me, would you want to acknowledge at the age of 18 that you will fuck up the daughter you gave to the Matou beyond compare because you wanted her to be able to achieve her true potential as a magus (in addition to actually killing her potential as an actual magus due to the 'training' zouken did)?

Also that your family forgot their goal of reaching the root?

Also that they deconstructed the grail? Something their family has been trying to get for ages?

Or that you died in the grail war, betrayed by your servant and student?

Really nothing he could learn from them would make him happy. Would you want to acknowledge their existence if you where Tokiomi?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 08:18:54 PM by Knick »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7154 on: May 18, 2014, 08:18:26 PM »
Not the point Brah. The point being that I am cooperative when asked.