Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 311098 times)

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #450 on: August 31, 2013, 09:22:15 PM »
Kiyoshi attacks him. Shuya approves +20

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 31, 2013, 09:27:17 PM »
Lol, yeah, I suspect his approval is only going to make Rider more annoyed at Kiyoshi....

Also, what did you block the assault with? These aren't just normal swords, they're made of a mix of Ether and the Shadow element. They're not something that would be easy to just tank.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 09:29:56 PM by Cherry Lover »

Xamusel

• Number XV of the Organization
  • NPC
  • Placeholder avatar until I can get something else
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 31, 2013, 09:52:03 PM »
Sorry for my delay, was busy with real life, plus I almost forgot to finish replying to Elf on a comment she left on my profile.

Also, spoke with someone today about a problem I have, mainly about my own writing. It has to do with how I have stale writing and don't think outside the box all that much in writing... plus a childish writing style.

With that in mind, I'm going to create a character that's meant to fix that problem I have, one that I'm hoping will be able to fit in this setting.

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 31, 2013, 11:20:15 PM »
Lol, yeah, I suspect his approval is only going to make Rider more annoyed at Kiyoshi....

Also, what did you block the assault with? These aren't just normal swords, they're made of a mix of Ether and the Shadow element. They're not something that would be easy to just tank.

Well, Touzaki swords are born from the clan's very bones and as such are supposed to be more resistant than normal. I simply extend it to  the sheath(which contains some bones to a lesser degree) as well but it wouldn't be able to sustain a serious and /or focused attack at all. At that point he's more like redirecting the blades rather than outright blocking them.(Explains the cuts he earns by doing so)

Well reading again I didn't mention the sheath at all. Edited that.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 11:25:29 PM by Daiki »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 31, 2013, 11:31:06 PM »
Yeah, lol, blocking it with the sheath is fine. I wouldn't expect Kiyoshi's swords to cut through that. I just don't think you could tank the hits directly, which is what I thought you were doing.

Xamusel

• Number XV of the Organization
  • NPC
  • Placeholder avatar until I can get something else
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 01, 2013, 01:24:37 AM »
Hmm... anyone object to me making the second character? I'm still trying to think of the middle-aged man thing and how to do it right... and I want brutal honesty to go with it.

OPOI

• It's not a mistake!
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 01, 2013, 08:53:43 AM »
Hmm... anyone object to me making the second character? I'm still trying to think of the middle-aged man thing and how to do it right... and I want brutal honesty to go with it.

Why would we object before you've made the character? That's counter-intuitive, and doesn't help you in the slightest

Take your time with him though, and really think about what you want to do with him. I'll tell you if I think you screwed it up.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 01, 2013, 09:14:39 AM »
Yeah, we can't even say anything about it until we see the guy for ourselves after all. Post away. :) We'll give you constructive criticism for it afterwards.  :D

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 01, 2013, 10:18:42 AM »
I don't think you need to be so much on the defensive Xamusel. Just post your character and we'll give you feedback.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 01, 2013, 01:22:30 PM »

Of course not. Making a new character is perfectly OK.

As the others have said, if there's something wrong with him then we'll let you know. But, we can't do that until you've posted him.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 02:12:40 PM by Cherry Lover »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 01, 2013, 02:40:54 PM »
Hmm, Daiki, I'm not sure how your post works out. You have Shuya patting Kiyoshi on the head, but Shuya just jumped away from him, and Kiyoshi was still running towards him when Taiga called out. So, I'm not sure how that could have happened.

Also, OPOI, so random vampires who have showed nothing but ill-intent are now more deserving of life than innocent childhood friends who have been abused for eleven years? Your Shirou is a dick....
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 02:43:36 PM by Cherry Lover »

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 01, 2013, 05:15:43 PM »
I edited it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 05:29:20 PM by Daiki »

OPOI

• It's not a mistake!
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 01, 2013, 11:37:46 PM »
Hmm, Daiki, I'm not sure how your post works out. You have Shuya patting Kiyoshi on the head, but Shuya just jumped away from him, and Kiyoshi was still running towards him when Taiga called out. So, I'm not sure how that could have happened.

Also, OPOI, so random vampires who have showed nothing but ill-intent are now more deserving of life than innocent childhood friends who have been abused for eleven years? Your Shirou is a dick....

Hmmm...was I too quick with character development? My bad, I'll be more ruthless next time

Still new to this I guess...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 11:51:19 PM by OPOI »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 01, 2013, 11:53:19 PM »

Hmmm...was I too quick with character development? My bad, I'll be more ruthless next time

Well, it seems a bit odd that, after coming to the conclusion that he had to murder the girl he loved in cold blood to prevent the possibility of her hurting people, and showing the willingness to murder another girl in cold blood on the off-chance that Forest and Rider might fight over her, a couple of words from a girl he only just met would cause him to spare someone who, frankly, he probably should have killed.

Whilst I could perhaps see MoS Shirou coming to recognise that what he did to Sakura was wrong and that he shouldn't kill people without very good reason, I don't think it would happen that quickly or without any mental repercussions. If he's willing to let a vampire like that go, then he should be completely tearing himself apart over what he did to Sakura, since he now cannot in any way excuse it. If a vampire (i.e. someone who feeds on people) who specifically showed up to attack him and who seems to have ill-intent is spareable, then there is no way he can justify killing Sakura on the basis of what he knew.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 11:58:19 PM by Cherry Lover »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 02, 2013, 12:06:12 AM »
Plus it seems a bit odd that he'd spare a vampire like that after being willing to kill Hakuno in cold blood just to prevent a potential fight from happening.

And I just made a big mistake of my own not too long ago, so it's ok. :) I think if no one's responded to your post yet though, you can go ahead and edit it with no problems. :)

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.