Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310465 times)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #660 on: October 17, 2013, 06:57:28 AM »
Probably going to make a sheet for this.

...I think I've been listening to too much Judas Priest because I kinda know just exactly what I'm going to bring in.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 17, 2013, 08:20:24 AM »
Even if I were in favor of role playing with you Arch (and I'm not, I don't trust you one bit) I would have to speak up negatively about your character. Doomrider is a meme and not even remotely fitting the rp theme or being otherwise a serious character.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 17, 2013, 08:27:20 AM »
That's Elf's call though as the DM- if she's cool with it, then well, it's cool. And no need to be negative about it- let's try to put aside personal issues in here. RPs are all about cooperation.

...And I swear, I'm going to post soon! >_< Hopefully. Maybe. ....I'm hoping this gets easier once the present big group gets back to the apartments. Smaller groups and all that.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 17, 2013, 08:36:26 AM »
Doomrider is an actually legit character man. He has a statblock and everything in third edition, when GW did Cocaine. Sadly, he was too awesome for subsequent editions and was cut out, but the legend lives on in the hearts of Chaos Space Marine players the world over such as myself. Shine on you Junkie Diamond. We barely got any fluff for him so /tg/ and the community at large have basically turned him into a Ghost Rider that does cocaine, speed, weed, meth, morphine, and Spook all at the same time.

I generally don't treat PbP RP's as seriously as say, TTRPGS. Besides, isn't the point of this to enjoy ourselves? He'll be a fun interaction for a lot of the characters, an obviously insane biker with the Harley literally from Hell.  :evil:

Also, trust me, Sashimi won't get fucked up as long as he keeps his hands off the bike and out of Doom's cocaine.

For that matter, I'm far more concerned with how Elf takes the sheet compared to how you view it.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 08:40:19 AM by Arch-Magos Winter »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 17, 2013, 09:07:02 AM »
The character violates the rule about aliens, actually WH 40K does so in general  but doomrider is also extraplannar which is further than the basic setting.

And Arch the stupid name for Satoshi stops right now.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 17, 2013, 09:13:21 AM »
The character violates the rule about aliens, actually WH 40K does so in general  but doomrider is also extraplannar which is further than the basic setting.

And Arch the stupid name for Satoshi stops right now.
AHAHAHAHAHA.

He's a daemon, and you can't say HURRDURR EXTRAPLANAR when Satoshi is just as bad at this. For that matter, Daemons aren't aliens. They're fucking DAEMONS. Technically, they exist simultaniously in 40k and in WHFB. They're more a fantasy thing than a sci-fi thing anyway.

Don't get into an argument with me over Warhammer Lore lantz, you will lose. I hath been tested in the fires of the neckbeards of /tg/, seen the roiling chaos of SpaceBattles  and braved the depths of the dreaded Wardian Fluff to obtain my knowledge. Try me if you have no wish to keep on living.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 17, 2013, 09:42:56 AM »
Again, that's Elf's call. Whether Doomrider is acceptable or not is her decision, not anyone else's.

And before things get too heated, cool it down in here.

I do have one thing to say though: lantz, stop it. He's backed off, if you're going to keep bringing up your issues with Magos, it's your own damn fault if an argument happens. Just ignore him if he bothers you that much, don't keep bringing it up and cause trouble over it. I will act if he gets out of line, but he's being pretty civil. So knock it off.

Regardless of my own opinion on Toshi as a character, however, the "Sashimi" dig was probably a bit much, so that probably needs to stop.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 09:47:43 AM by Alice »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 17, 2013, 09:46:27 AM »
Again, that's Elf's call. Whether Doomrider is acceptable or not is her decision, not anyone else's.

Exactly. Wait for Mama Elf's verdict.

As is though I can assure you he violates none of the rules as far as I can tell.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 17, 2013, 09:56:04 AM »
I think that's about right- though I don't know much about WH 40k, so I'm not the best one to judge. ^_^" I think Elf may know more than I do at least. ...Which is good if she does, because it's her decision after all.

But yeah, from the character sheet, I didn't see anything that suggests "alien," so I'm not sure what the problem is, unless there's just some WH 40k lore thingie that's flying over my head or something.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 17, 2013, 12:08:20 PM »
I generally don't treat PbP RP's as seriously as say, TTRPGS. Besides, isn't the point of this to enjoy ourselves? He'll be a fun interaction for a lot of the characters, an obviously insane biker with the Harley literally from Hell.  :evil:

The rest of us are playing this generally seriously, though. Having a clear parody character in there doesn't help with that.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: October 17, 2013, 01:13:46 PM »
Again, Elf's call on that. I suggest you two (lantz and Cherry) step back from it and let Elf say her piece.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: October 17, 2013, 01:28:59 PM »
Yes, it's Elf's call, that doesn't mean we're not allowed to give opinions.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: October 17, 2013, 01:45:33 PM »
True, though in this case it's linked to lantz's view of Magos, which he won't let go, and is problematic. The criticism is fine, it's the resurrecting of drama that I have problems with.

Again, please just wait for Elf. There's been more than enough drama for one day, believe me.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 01:49:08 PM by Alice »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: October 17, 2013, 07:45:52 PM »
Don't stuff words in my mouth Alice, I said in my first post that I'd have to speak up regardless of opinions on Arch and I meant it. The character doesn't fit the tone or theme, the doomrider is wearing powered armour which is worn by the space Marines (I'm not familiar with the exact chapter. The warp is chaotic space but the key word according to the codex is space. As in the black void. Having fun with a character rather than being serious is fine by me but this is a bit ridiculous. Doomrider is silly and in the description is noted as out classing a utter joke like snow flame (who in himself is a meme) it may be elf's call but I like the game so far and I actually have plans so damn right I'll speak up when someone tries to bring in a character like this.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 17, 2013, 08:29:36 PM »
Don't stuff words in my mouth Alice, I said in my first post that I'd have to speak up regardless of opinions on Arch and I meant it. The character doesn't fit the tone or theme, the doomrider is wearing powered armour which is worn by the space Marines (I'm not familiar with the exact chapter. The warp is chaotic space but the key word according to the codex is space. As in the black void. Having fun with a character rather than being serious is fine by me but this is a bit ridiculous. Doomrider is silly and in the description is noted as out classing a utter joke like snow flame (who in himself is a meme) it may be elf's call but I like the game so far and I actually have plans so damn right I'll speak up when someone tries to bring in a character like this.
Doomrider is depicted in Power Armor because, well, he's in 40k and was in the CSM codex before the Daemons codex ever existed for that game line. He supposedly would be granted such a thing by the Chaos Gods even after ascension anyway. For that matter Space Marines aren't aliens, and the Warp also exists in WHFB, and is described THE EXACT SAME FUCKING WAY as in 40k - Chaotic space. The emphasis in both cases is Chaotic, not space. The Warp is the Primordial Chaos, the source and seat of emotions and magic. It is the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end of all things, the sea of birth and the site of death of the universe.  The Warp is everywhere. I warned you not to get into this Lantz, you'll lose.

Besides CSM are not split into chapters, read more of your damn fluff.  Chaos Space Marines don't go by the Codex Astartes.

Also, Doomrider having power armor, due to his being a daemon prince, means that power armor exists technically in WHFB. I pity the poor Brettonians that end up against him.

Work on your reading comprehension lantz, the Snowflame thing in the backstory WAS A FUCKING JOKE. It's hyperbole man, and even then Snowflame is a legit villain as well, remembered more for his campy appearence and powers than anything he actually did as a villain - he died in the issue which he appeared. The guy worshiped Cocaine as a god - seriously, look up the comic I'm not kidding. New Guardians was a weird weird series accidentally about Eugenics where the purpose of the team was rendered moot by the team structure.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 08:30:58 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »