Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310392 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #810 on: October 27, 2013, 04:56:41 AM »
Involuntary honesty is a weakness. And Arch Hercules is not the bench mark for the stats in this RP. The stats are an estimated range within their classification.

and yes elf I hope so.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 27, 2013, 05:00:58 AM »
That... what? WHAT?!?!?! HOW THE FUCK!?!?! I DON'T THINK SERVANTS CAN FORM BABBY!

Lantz is already playing three characters that are the children of servants. If it's a problem (which it isn't, since Lantz has an explanation) then I think you're rather too late to raise it....

And all the other complaints apply. If he physically is able to fuck up Lancer AND Rider at the same time there is a very very big issue with his powerlevel.

Where does it say that?

Also, as Lantz says, stats are relative to the average for your race. Otherwise all the humans would be rank E in everything. My Sakura has stats almost as good as Rider, it doesn't mean she's even in the same league as her in terms of fighting ability.

I mean, seriously, Lawrence is overpowered in some ways (Hello returning from the dead 4-5 times and absurd regeneration) but he's still as strong as any human, fast as any human, and tough as any human. But he's at the very least powered by a fucking embodiment of violent demise and murder. This guy doesn't have that excuse.

He has the "excuse" of being the son of a demi-god. I think that probably puts him a level above a Chaos Marine....
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 05:02:26 AM by Cherry Lover »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: October 27, 2013, 05:06:23 AM »
He has the "excuse" of being the son of a demi-god. I think that probably puts him a level above a Chaos Marine....
...Doomrider is not a chaos marine. He's a daemon prince IE one of the most fucking powerful beings of chaos in existence. Admittedly, he's still rather minor, but he still shouldn't go down like a chump to this guy.

And I'm talking stats wise here - he's stronger than rider, and easily able to keep pace with Lancer. That's hard to swallow. Really hard to swallow.

The problem Lantz is that's his ONLY weakness. Otherwise? He's fucking perfect.

Hell, a dude powered by a murder reaper ghost god thing has more weaknesses than your 1/4th god dude. That simply... shouldn't be a thing. When a being that is basically the embodiment of violent death is weaker than some dude with less godly blood than his stats indicate, it's really really really necessary to take a step back and re-evaluate your character.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: October 27, 2013, 05:09:02 AM »
Somehow lantz's versions of the Servants have physical bodies.... somehow. I have no idea why or how, but I just know that they do. That explains how Servant babby formed. ...now the actual how the heck they all have physical bodies part, I have no clue, but... eh. I'd rather not hurt my brain over it.

Still, much like Toshi and even "Taiga", Connor's uncomfortably OP. I agree that he may need some toning down, along with some backstory expansion, like Magos said. If you're worried about spoilers, you can use spoiler tags. I don't think anyone would mind.

And Cherry, like Magos pointed out, the problem is that lantz's characters come off as... well, perfect. Or at least, highly and overly idealized. To a very huge extent. To the point where it comes off as uncomfortably OP even in light of characters that are stronger than they supposedly are being present. In other words, I understand where Magos is coming from here.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: October 27, 2013, 05:27:03 AM »
Okay so since I'm purposefully not reading much of the IC thread to prevent myself subconsciously screwing up future encounters due to OOC knowledge, would someone mind telling me exactly what happened with lantz and bullet dodging and what the big deal is?

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 27, 2013, 05:28:39 AM »
Check his latest post in the character page.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: October 27, 2013, 05:58:49 AM »
OP isn't what they are, no I'm not posting spoilers. And no I'm not changing him. I've done enough as it is in an effort to be considerate.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: October 27, 2013, 06:06:04 AM »
OP isn't what they are, no I'm not posting spoilers. And no I'm not changing him. I've done enough as it is in an effort to be considerate.
Lantz, they ARE OP. They're rather damn OP. They are the type of OP that I as a GM if you brought them to the table, rip them apart, let the confetti fall in the air, and then force you to make another character in front of me so I could make sure you didn't bring another sheet like that in front of me again. Oh, and then I'd burn the confetti afterwords.

No seriously. I would actually do this. I don't tolerate that sort of bullshit when I've got some guys sitting down in front of me over a table.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: October 27, 2013, 06:23:53 AM »
Just stop arch, it doesn't matter what you think, I'm not changing it.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: October 27, 2013, 06:54:10 AM »
Again, I can see where Magos is coming from here, though it's difficult to properly explain without risking upsetting lantz, so I'm relenting for now. Though as GM, it's Elf's call. Whether a sheet is serviceable or not is her decision in the end.

As for the spoiler thing, I honestly think it may be a good idea to post the spoilery stuff in spoiler tags for the purpose of expanding on what's going on, especially since it's separate from your fic stuff. I posted some Fate Extra and CCC spoilers with a warning in Hakuno's sheet, if I recall, for instance (or at least, I think I did. It's hard to explain her backstory without spoiling a few things). It'd possibly help us see them as less OP at least.

And as for the whole "what's going on here?" summary, lantz's sheets seem OP to some of us, but not OP to lantz himself. Magos is explaining (quite bluntly) about how he thinks the sheets are OP, and lantz is replying by saying he doesn't think they are.

My ultimate response is, while I think they're somewhat OP myself, it's ultimately Elf's decision about what's acceptable.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 06:59:23 AM by Alice »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 27, 2013, 07:20:28 AM »
Again, I can see where Magos is coming from here, though it's difficult to properly explain without risking upsetting lantz, so I'm relenting for now.
Don't relent. He's an adult, he can take an explanation. He's been babied enough.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 27, 2013, 07:22:27 AM »
No Alice, sorry but I won't, I messaged you with my reasons to keep this civil in this thread.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: October 27, 2013, 07:32:01 AM »
Just stop arch, it doesn't matter what you think, I'm not changing it.
Just because it doesn't matter doesn't mean it shouldn't be stated.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: October 27, 2013, 07:47:56 AM »
That's true. However, given the circumstances, it's probably best that this ends here.

For now, let's put our trust in Elf as our GM and allow her to settle any issues.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: October 27, 2013, 02:45:15 PM »
Alright elf, can you give a yay or nay when you see this? I want to post with Connor soon and not be forced to hold game up or have him wandering aimlessly. The issue in the alley did that to Saber and I'd rather not repeat that