Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310384 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #1035 on: November 13, 2013, 10:51:55 PM »
Ready to kill two children, a woman developing a fever and the guy taking care of her. Sorry Lawrence sounds like a lunatic to me.

as for Taiga, this happens with any sudden surprise with anyone. She said clearly that she doesn't like people to pick her up without warning. For all she knew it could have been anyone. It's not crazy to defend yourself.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 13, 2013, 10:55:32 PM »
EDIT: For that matter, Lawrence isn't a lunatic. If anyone is, it's Taiga for BITING SOMEONE'S FUCKING HAND FOR TRYING TO HELP HER. JESUS CHRIST GIRL.

I would say that it wouldn't be very nice for a disabled person to be treated as a package to be carried around. A normal person wouldn't like being picked up randomly, so why should she?

Also, I think we're in a bit of a deadlock right now. Taiga and Kiyoshi aren't going to open the door, and they don't know Lawrence is coming, so we can't do a lot until you act.
I'll edit it so Lawrence throws open the door.

Lantz, I don't think you realize just how dangerous an Abyssal is. We're talking something that if left unchecked could end reality as we know it. Four lives for stopping the end of the world? Fucking taking that deal. For that matter, that's only if Connor drops the pact. Otherwise he's the only target.

EDIT - For that matter... Sin-Eaters aren't really that effected by killing someone. It's because of the geist. They might not like killing people or oppose it morally, but if they pull the trigger and someone dies they're not that broken up about it. Hell, they don't suffer degeneration or synergy loss for premeditated murder in game terms. It's what makes Sin-Eaters as inhuman as they are - they aren't fully ghost, and they aren't truly human anymore. They're something different.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 11:06:17 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: November 13, 2013, 11:31:39 PM »
I don't honestly care, you're trying to murder my characters.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: November 13, 2013, 11:38:08 PM »
I don't honestly care, you're trying to murder my characters.
So? Conflict happens. Lawrence is acting IC here. It's his fucking job to clean this shit up - that's what Sin-Eaters do. They're the RIPD except they don't suck. Their fucking job is making sure things are hunky dory in the twilight and mundane worlds. An abyssal shows up, it gets blown away.  Simple as that. Plus, you know, he's got a spirit of murder in his head. That kinda influences the decision.

And honestly, why should you care that one of your characters might die? You have a bunch of other ones, and you can always replace Connor.

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #1039 on: November 13, 2013, 11:40:58 PM »
Well, rules are rules, and the rules say a character can't die unless both parties agree (in this case, unlikely...).
He can still act IC, sure, but you can't actually kill anybody (unless you created them).

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: November 13, 2013, 11:42:16 PM »
I sure as hell won't agree to death for any of my characters from this.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 13, 2013, 11:46:04 PM »
And honestly, why should you care that one of your characters might die? You have a bunch of other ones, and you can always replace Connor.

I would imagine that killing Connor would have a significant effect on the rest of Lantz's characters. And killing Kiyoshi would destroy Sakura, and Rider too (since she wasn't there to protect him).

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: November 13, 2013, 11:48:51 PM »

I would imagine that killing Connor would have a significant effect on the rest of Lantz's characters. And killing Kiyoshi would destroy Sakura, and Rider too (since she wasn't there to protect him).
Yeah, and that's something that could lead to significant character development.

And Lantz, suck it up. IC there's no real reason for Lawrence not to just open fire the second he had eyes on Connor. The only reason I HAVEN'T is because I'm trying to give you a chance to respond.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: November 13, 2013, 11:50:55 PM »
Only Satoshi and Sakura but between them Lawrence wouldn't get sleep, well assuming he out ran Satoshi in the first place...

oh and mike you're up

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: November 13, 2013, 11:53:37 PM »
Only Satoshi and Sakura but between them Lawrence wouldn't get sleep, well assuming he out ran Satoshi in the first place...

oh and mike you're up
Just for the record, how close to death are 'Sakura' and 'Taiga'?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: November 13, 2013, 11:58:30 PM »
No

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: November 14, 2013, 12:00:34 AM »
No
Christ dude. Sin-Eaters can see how close a person is to dying - within a few days of death they basically broadcast a giant sign to them. I want to know it for IC descriptions. It's not like I'm going to MIND CONTROL DEATH them.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 14, 2013, 12:01:24 AM »
Magos, could you wait for me please. Kiyoshi isn't going to stand there like a lemon whilst you're doing all of this....

And, given their age I would assume none of the characters there are remotely close to death.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: November 14, 2013, 12:02:35 AM »
Magos, could you wait for me please. Kiyoshi isn't going to stand there like a lemon whilst you're doing all of this....
Sorry, that was more a clarification post on to where the shotgun was leveled. My bad.

It isn't of old age - other causes. Hell, he can probably see just how drained 'Sakura' is due to this. She came damn close to killing herself with that van stunt apparently. And IIRC Taiga has 'Generic Anime Moe Wasting Disease #29047893'.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 12:04:27 AM by Arch-Magos Winter »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 14, 2013, 12:03:19 AM »
They aren't period