Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310322 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #1065 on: November 14, 2013, 01:18:43 AM »
The tonfa blasters are magic weapons that do not require Sakura to do anything but pull the trigger, a trigger she pulled before Lawrence. In short arch your math amounts to nothing

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: November 14, 2013, 01:19:51 AM »
Magos, the rules of the RP are quite explicit, you are not allowed to kill someone else's character without their consent. Full stop. If Lantz does not want Connor to die then Connor does not die.

And, I'm pretty sure your maths is way off there. If the shot moves at 1300 FPS and they're within 12 feet, then Connor needs to move at about 100 FPS to avoid it (he only needs to move a foot or so). Which is pretty doable I think.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 01:21:09 AM by Cherry Lover »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: November 14, 2013, 01:20:35 AM »
The tonfa blasters are magic weapons that do not require Sakura to do anything but pull the trigger, a trigger she pulled before Lawrence. In short arch your math amounts to nothing
...And they do shit to him because of his magic resistance and the Caul. Congrats. Did you even read my profile.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: November 14, 2013, 01:23:15 AM »
Magos, the rules of the RP are quite explicit, you are not allowed to kill someone else's character without their consent. Full stop. If Lantz does not want Connor to die then Connor does not die.

And, I'm pretty sure your maths is way off there. If the shot moves at 1300 FPS and they're within 12 feet, then Connor needs to move at about 100 FPS to avoid it. Which is pretty doable I think.
Actually, think for a second -
He needs to move a sufficient distance to avoid the shot that he doesn't even have time to react to.

This hits him in .009 seconds. For the sake of argument, let's say that's slightly slower than his reaction time, .008 seconds. So he has 1/1000th of a second to move out of the way. He's breaking the sound barrier at the very least to pull that off.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: November 14, 2013, 01:25:34 AM »
I don't know what his reaction time is, honestly.

But, regardless, the rules are quite explicit, you cannot kill a character without the consent of the person who is playing them. No exceptions. Even if Lantz has to pull something out of his ass to avoid it he is fully entitled to do so.

Mordalfus Grea

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: November 14, 2013, 01:26:15 AM »
This is just a brief suggestion for Arch but could you post a list of how Lawrence would perceive various characters, justr so we can look back to it to see what Lawrence and RD's reaction to a certain character's presence would be. For Example we know that Lawrence & RD are reacting badly to say the least to Connor, but how would he react to the others of questionable origin? This list is just to be safe after all and so that he can explain everything for future reference, so we can make sure Arch doesn't have to argue his case again.

I'd also like to know how he'd react to Seras or Imiganai, so I can gauge how to properly react.
If you must address me as something, it is not MG! Please address me as Mord if you need to shorten my name

My Other Locations
http://gat-x139.deviantart.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/~mordalfusgrea

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: November 14, 2013, 01:28:05 AM »
This is just a brief suggestion for Arch but could you post a list of how Lawrence would perceive various characters, justr so we can look back to it to see what Lawrence and RD's reaction to a certain character's presence would be. For Example we know that Lawrence & RD are reacting badly to say the least to Connor, but how would he react to the others of questionable origin? This list is just to be safe after all and so that he can explain everything for future reference, so we can make sure Arch doesn't have to argue his case again.

I'd also like to know how he'd react to Seras or Imiganai, so I can gauge how to properly react.
Imigami is more like a Kerberos than anything else. She emits spiritual energy, so he's going to treat her like a potentially hostile spirit.

Seras he's going to flat out think is possesed

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: November 14, 2013, 01:30:39 AM »
Sakura has A rank ability which because the Tonfa are fueled by Sakura mean that they are also considered rank A. Last I checked A is higher than B.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: November 14, 2013, 01:33:40 AM »
I don't know what his reaction time is, honestly.

But, regardless, the rules are quite explicit, you cannot kill a character without the consent of the person who is playing them. No exceptions. Even if Lantz has to pull something out of his ass to avoid it he is fully entitled to do so.
Right, but let's face it, .007 seconds is far faster than the human limit of .01 seconds. I'm already throwing him a big bone here. Even with an asspull this is going to repeat until Lawrence is out of ammo and then just straight up Curses the dude...

Or uses the Boneyard to steal those projected swords to throw at him.

Sakura has A rank ability which because the Tonfa are fueled by Sakura mean that they are also considered rank A. Last I checked A is higher than B.
So? THe Caul still basically keeps him standing. While it's going he could have a fist sized hole in his chest and keep going, because he doesn't need his body to live while it's active. MR soaks most of it, then he just takes the rest like a champ.  Or the MR just takes it all because IIRC it negates everything short of three verse aria's and greater rituals.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 01:36:19 AM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: November 14, 2013, 01:36:01 AM »
Right, but let's face it, .007 seconds is far faster than the human limit of .01 seconds.

He's not human, though....

I'm already throwing him a big bone here. Even with an asspull this is going to repeat until Lawrence is out of ammo and then just straight up Curses the dude...

Where are you throwing him a bone?

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: November 14, 2013, 01:37:04 AM »
Right, but let's face it, .007 seconds is far faster than the human limit of .01 seconds.

He's not human, though....

I'm already throwing him a big bone here. Even with an asspull this is going to repeat until Lawrence is out of ammo and then just straight up Curses the dude...

Where are you throwing him a bone?
The .007 seconds.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: November 14, 2013, 01:38:29 AM »
Hmm, would it be possible for Kiyoshi to act to knock the gun before it fired? That's the only obvious solution I can see here.

I doubt multiple shots are a problem, we have several very fast-moving people in the house who will make sure Lawrence doesn't get another one....

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: November 14, 2013, 01:41:13 AM »
Hmm, would it be possible for Kiyoshi to act to knock the gun before it fired? That's the only obvious solution I can see here.
THat's actually the worst damn thing to do in this situation because you'll probably end up knocking it so the round catches Sakura or Connor's head. For that matter I don't think he's even tall enough to give that a shot. And considering you just saw Lawrence shrug off those blasts like water off a ducks back, AND Sakura fired first, do you really want him to switch to an easier target IE you?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: November 14, 2013, 01:42:56 AM »
I would imagine that knocking the gun would give enough time for other people to jump in....

And, well, he could knock it to the side. Or they could duck....

Kiyoshi isn't going to let you kill Connor, not a chance in hell. Sakura fired first because you provoked her, as far as Kiyoshi is concerned that is quite reasonable.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: November 14, 2013, 01:45:18 AM »
Arch stop. I will magic my way out if you persist.