Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310284 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #1305 on: November 21, 2013, 11:33:19 PM »
Wow, you just used your own argument for why Connor isn't in the wrong for why Lawrence is. The point is that both of them are wrong, but Lawrence was acting on what he knew about things that looked like Connor, that they're reality eating monsters of doom that need to be destroyed.

Honestly, if anything I'd be more inclined to say that neither of them are wrong than that both of them are. It was mostly a genuine misunderstanding. However, Lawrence is being a real asshole about it. With Connor I can understand that, but with Kiyoshi? He's a bloody eleven-year-old kid....

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: November 21, 2013, 11:35:54 PM »
Wow, you just used your own argument for why Connor isn't in the wrong for why Lawrence is. The point is that both of them are wrong, but Lawrence was acting on what he knew about things that looked like Connor, that they're reality eating monsters of doom that need to be destroyed.

Honestly, if anything I'd be more inclined to say that neither of them are wrong than that both of them are. It was mostly a genuine misunderstanding. However, Lawrence is being a real asshole about it. With Connor I can understand that, but with Kiyoshi? He's a bloody eleven-year-old kid....
He's an 11 year old kid who's acting like he knows what's right all the time. Admittedly, in character for an 11 year old kid but it doesn't stop Lawrence from wanting to slap the stupid out if him for it.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: November 21, 2013, 11:36:26 PM »
I never said that

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: November 21, 2013, 11:37:38 PM »

He's an 11 year old kid who's acting like he knows what's right all the time.

Yeah, and Lawrence is an adult acting like he knows what's right all the time....

Admittedly, in character for an 11 year old kid but it doesn't stop Lawrence from wanting to slap the stupid out if him for it.

Perhaps, but I think haunting him is way, way over the top. And, honestly, flipping him the middle finger? That is really childish, and completely counter-productive if he expects to actually be listened to....

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: November 21, 2013, 11:41:04 PM »
Manchildren are a thing. Lawrence might be one, flipping birds at kids and whatnot.

Just a possibility.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: November 21, 2013, 11:44:38 PM »
Yeah, I guess. I just think Magos' argument is rather hypocritical....

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: November 21, 2013, 11:46:52 PM »
Yeah, I guess. I just think Magos' argument is rather hypocritical....
Pot meet kettle.

For that matter, Lawrence has not been having a good day lately. He's usually far more chill. Also, Kiyoshi kinda exploded into an 'I AM HERO FOR CUTTING YOUR ARM' speech right in front of him, which, honestly, doesn't tend to endear you to a person.

Also, Lantz, you're right on that; I could have sworn I saw a post of yours claiming that but I might have just misread it because I can't find it.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 11:57:41 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: November 22, 2013, 12:02:50 AM »
For that matter, Lawrence has not been having a good day lately. He's usually far more chill. Also, Kiyoshi kinda exploded into an 'I AM HERO FOR CUTTING YOUR ARM' speech right in front of him, which, honestly, doesn't tend to endear you to a person.

Well, Lawrence was acting as if he should have just let Connor get shot, which riled Kiyoshi up, because he does not let innocent people die like that, and especially not those he is close to.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: November 22, 2013, 12:09:24 AM »
A literary game like cross effects calls for literary turns, especially in deaths. I have always allowed characters to die if that death has real growth impact. Pointless fights do not have any such magic  or effect.

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: November 22, 2013, 12:17:04 AM »
Guys chill a bit. You don't need to agree with your own character's actions/behavior. Shuya's going all moral fag on Kiyoshi when it was really hypocritical of him to do so because he's basically lulz principles. (Surprised Kiyoshi didn't attack him yet)

Both Lawrence and Kiyoshi did the wrong thing, granted it's in their personalities to act like that, so there's nothing wrong about them ending up arguing about it. Let them argue if needs be, just don't bring it here.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 12:20:53 AM by Daiki »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: November 22, 2013, 12:23:49 AM »
Kiyoshi isn't going to start attacking Shuya just for giving off some dumb moral lecture. He might be a bit hot-headed but he's not a murderer.

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: November 22, 2013, 12:26:52 AM »
He's a bad guy who deserves to die though. Actually how does he perceive him?

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: November 22, 2013, 12:41:28 AM »
True, according to Kiyoshi's own moral code Shuya deserves to die. Lawrence admittedly is somewhat glad that he didn't kill Connor, but he's still of the opinion that Connor sort of brought it on himself.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: November 22, 2013, 01:13:27 AM »

Well, he's definitely not fond of him, and he would be seen as a "bad guy", but Kiyoshi isn't someone who goes around killing for the sake of killing, especially not when he would have to fight "good guys" to do so.

True, according to Kiyoshi's own moral code Shuya deserves to die. Lawrence admittedly is somewhat glad that he didn't kill Connor, but he's still of the opinion that Connor sort of brought it on himself.

Shuya is more borderline. He's not like Zouken, someone who is just completely irredeemable. So, Kiyoshi isn't going to want to kill him in the same way.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: November 22, 2013, 01:19:16 AM »
Funny question, if Zouken back when he was young, extremely good-looking, in love and wanting of world peace were to pop up, how would the family react?

I have empty slots and I'm currently weighing my options, one of which is Good-Looking Young Zouken. Another is Also-Good-Looking Old Zouken, but I have a fairly good idea of how they'd react.