Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310313 times)

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #1380 on: November 24, 2013, 03:13:16 AM »
Maybe this is just me and it could be, but wouldn't it be wise to hold on bringing out more characters for the meantime? We seem to be kinda crowded as it already is wouldn't just adding more on top of that just make things worse?

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: November 24, 2013, 03:28:11 AM »
Maybe this is just me and it could be, but wouldn't it be wise to hold on bringing out more characters for the meantime? We seem to be kinda crowded as it already is wouldn't just adding more on top of that just make things worse?
Yes, if we bring them into the same clusterfuck.

Hell, I'm planning on bringing in a character to work with Downy. How does he view mercenaries?

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: November 24, 2013, 03:40:26 AM »
Mainly as tools and nothing else, but he already has one of them in the shape of Grea.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: November 24, 2013, 03:44:28 AM »
Mainly as tools and nothing else, but he already has one of them in the shape of Grea.
Alright. Fellow magic users?

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: November 24, 2013, 03:54:59 AM »
He has a large amount of those in the shape of his army.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: November 24, 2013, 04:07:37 AM »
He has a large amount of those in the shape of his army.
What exactly does he need then?

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: November 24, 2013, 04:23:10 AM »
His goal now is to just hold out for a set amount of time so that his summoner can locate his position to bring in more reinforcements before finally destroying the city and leaving it for dead.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: November 24, 2013, 04:45:24 AM »
Well, I tried to not really actively involve either of my two new characters in anything in their intro posts, so hopefully it shouldn't be a problem. Becky's heading towards the Compound, but that's about it.

...I think I had mixed results with this post. I think Tom's intro turned out OK-ish, but Becky's feels clunky for some reason. ^_^" Ah well, at least they're out there now.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: November 24, 2013, 05:29:40 AM »
Say, Milbunk, what would Downy think of if a merchant with incredible, magically potent goods were to appear in front of his fortress and offer him stat-boosting items, rare weapons, magical tomes, defensive wall-creating runes and explosives in bottles, and generally anything he'd need to power up his troops all at low, low prices?

And offer to set up shop in his hideout where he can keep an eye on her, just to ensure that all her goods are only for his purchase?

Being good to clients you know need your wares is an excellent business strategy, after all.

Basically, if you're familiar with Fire Emblem, how would he react to an Anna going to him to sell her wares?

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: November 24, 2013, 06:01:53 AM »
He'd do one of three things, the first would be to kill said merchant off and take what they have on store at the time, the second would be to hypnotize them and just have them give the stuff to him, and the third would be to actually deal with said merchant for a short time as long as it's convenient to him.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: November 24, 2013, 06:28:52 AM »
Seeing as Annas never seem to have their best stuff on first encounter, #1 would be very unwise. #2 might be possible, but restocking afterwards wouldn't. Annas wouldn't help a misbehaving customer, and the Annas' sibling network is how restock tends to happen.

#3 would be your best bet. And for the record, an Anna wouldn't betray Downy. Their moral compass points at money, with the rare exceptions. She'll sell Downy everything and anything he'll ever need, no holds barred. She just wouldn't fight for him either.

Annas aren't exactly combatants either, barring exceptions, so she'd seem completely harmless as well. Well, physically and magically at least. Mentally is something else.

Another way to think of them would be like the mask vendor in Majora's Mask, except cute and schemy-looking instead of creepy and plotty-looking.

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: November 24, 2013, 07:35:31 AM »
You do know that Anna actually has a boyfriend who joins your side in one FE, right? Kinda hard to say she's not at least slightly on the good guy's side.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: November 24, 2013, 08:10:13 AM »
Never played that. Anyway, in continuing with my tradition of making WoD characters in this, probably going to roll up a vampire. A Gangrel to be precise. And if you don't know what I mean, you'll see...

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: November 24, 2013, 08:13:29 AM »
You do know that Anna actually has a boyfriend who joins your side in one FE, right? Kinda hard to say she's not at least slightly on the good guy's side.
Well, that's her boyfriend, not her. Even then, she doesn't really give him a discount at the shop either, so it's still very fair to say she doesn't pick sides.

And Awakening portrays the Annas to be merchants completely centered around gold, and the only people they really constantly dislike are brigands because brigands rob merchants. Fair to say if they get their currency, they don't really care who it's from. And the bad guys have to get their ridiculous array of items from somewhere[I/].

Besides, who's to say only a single Anna would hit Nexus city? Awakening reveals that there are thousands of them. The bad guy won't be the only one to have the honor of shopping from one, just saying.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: November 24, 2013, 05:11:01 PM »
Sheesh what's with all this fire emblem talk when I'm busy playing through all the games. (On the second one Gaiden right now mind you.)

Also it's funny you bring up Anna as she's the one I picked for mr. tactician.