Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310522 times)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #1410 on: November 25, 2013, 11:17:04 AM »
To be honest mord, even if I knew who to pick (sad that I'm the Tsukihime major and no one else has seemingly read the novel, thus I'm left as the only one to play the characters) I think we have enough threads in play as it is.
>Only one who's read the novel
I have. Hell, I'm rereading it to get all the Teach me Ciel Sensei's.

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: November 25, 2013, 01:59:19 PM »
Dude, look at my avatar. Tsukihime is my THING.

EDIT: Okay, not this avatar. But my BL one is of Arihiko and it's been that way since forever!

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: November 25, 2013, 03:43:07 PM »
Fair enough bloble, I've been stuck with just fate fans here for awhile now so that statement was more of habit then accuracy. But it is mostly Fate in the game so far you have to admit.

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: November 25, 2013, 09:20:53 PM »
Fair enough bloble, I've been stuck with just fate fans here for awhile now so that statement was more of habit then accuracy. But it is mostly Fate in the game so far you have to admit.

I'd say it's because Tsukihime has too much bullshit. Out of all the characters in it, only Ciel or Akiha are viable as good guys, and only SHIKI, Roa, and Nero Chaos are okay as villains, and they range from 'kinda stronger than a normal human' to 'can almost tank Excalibur'. So no easy power balancing there.

Shiki and Nanaya, forget it. If someone brings them in, someone else is going to rage the moment their character gets permanently injured in a fight and they can't bullshit a regeneration. So with these two it's way too easy to do too much damage or go crazy. And Arc... well, bringing her in unnerfed would put her square at the top of the food chain. Not a single one of the current characters can even touch her, so you'd need 30% Arc or a similarly weakened version.

Oh, and Shiki's not as dumb and suicidal as Shirou and co. Also another reason why he isn't as popular and thus not roleplayed as often.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: November 25, 2013, 10:08:38 PM »
Milbunk, describe your hideout/fortress/basement to me so I know where I'm throwing Anna, and I don't make it sound completely different from what it is.

Pretty please.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: November 25, 2013, 10:33:37 PM »

I'd say it's because Tsukihime has too much bullshit. Out of all the characters in it, only Ciel or Akiha are viable as good guys, and only SHIKI, Roa, and Nero Chaos are okay as villains, and they range from 'kinda stronger than a normal human' to 'can almost tank Excalibur'. So no easy power balancing there.

Shiki and Nanaya, forget it. If someone brings them in, someone else is going to rage the moment their character gets permanently injured in a fight and they can't bullshit a regeneration. So with these two it's way too easy to do too much damage or go crazy. And Arc... well, bringing her in unnerfed would put her square at the top of the food chain. Not a single one of the current characters can even touch her, so you'd need 30% Arc or a similarly weakened version.

Oh, and Shiki's not as dumb and suicidal as Shirou and co. Also another reason why he isn't as popular and thus not roleplayed as often.

Well, I think Kohaku and Hisui could be used in principle, although they wouldn't be very strong. Arc would be a problem, yeah, because she's too powerful, and Shiki's method of fighting does pose a problem (but, then, I don't think he's the only one who that applies to).

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: November 25, 2013, 10:37:07 PM »
Well, when it comes to posing a problem, I can't imagine a fighting style more problematic than Shiki's, other than perhaps Zero Lancer's if he uses his annoying spear.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: November 26, 2013, 09:29:32 PM »
His base is just the old abandoned roof of an apartment building where the core of his rooftop is.

Also it's funny cause Anna looks a lot of what I imagine his sister used to look like.

Mordalfus Grea

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: November 26, 2013, 10:45:33 PM »
To be honest mord, even if I knew who to pick (sad that I'm the Tsukihime major and no one else has seemingly read the novel, thus I'm left as the only one to play the characters) I think we have enough threads in play as it is.
To be even more fair I have not played, read or seen any of the Type-MOON Series for myself and I am working mostly off of stuff I learned/adapted from FanFictions and the Type Moon Wikia. My knowledge of those series and such comes directly from the wikia site and fanfictions, so don't be too depressed Lantz.

Also if you have no idea as to what character you want to bring in next, try for a villain that can cause problems for the heroes and escape to fight another day. It could be an OC, a OOC Canon Character from the Type-Moon Universe or you could just bring in an unaltered character from somewhere as your character. The possibilities are endless and I know you have the imagination to do so.

I have already chosen my last two characters, one is that OC I spoke of in the Corner [Red the Walking (formerly Living) Leyline] and the other is another guy from my other favorite Anime Series [One Piece] who was summoned by Red as a Servant Rider. His identity? He wears a Straw Hat.
If you must address me as something, it is not MG! Please address me as Mord if you need to shorten my name

My Other Locations
http://gat-x139.deviantart.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/~mordalfusgrea

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: November 27, 2013, 01:23:23 AM »
Monkey D luffy? Well we already have a bunch of crazy characters around  so I guess that works.

Mordalfus Grea

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: November 27, 2013, 03:58:29 AM »
Monkey D luffy? Well we already have a bunch of crazy characters around  so I guess that works.

The Post Time Skip version and one of his noble phantasms allows for him to either summon one members of his crew but they are all Heroic Spirits of their own rights [A++ Prana requirement] or summon the entire crew all together [A+++ Prana Requirement].

Spoiler for Hiden:
Luffy = Rider
Zoro = Saber
Nami = Lancer & Caster
Usopp = Archer
Sanji = Lancer & Assassin
Chopper = Berserker
Robin = Assassin & Caster
Franky = Rider
Brook = Saber

When I thought Red up, he is supposed to be my answer to Milbunk's "Downy Reed" character as in a character that could slug it out with Downy in terms of large scale spells and power.
If you must address me as something, it is not MG! Please address me as Mord if you need to shorten my name

My Other Locations
http://gat-x139.deviantart.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/~mordalfusgrea

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: November 27, 2013, 04:34:47 AM »
OK, well, I finally got around to making my post. Sorry it's taken so long, I've just been really busy the last week or so.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: November 27, 2013, 04:41:39 AM »
OK, well, I finally got around to making my post. Sorry it's taken so long, I've just been really busy the last week or so.
So when the hell will you and Lantz be done with your scene? You've had months.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: November 27, 2013, 04:46:47 AM »
So when the hell will you and Lantz be done with your scene? You've had months.

Yeah, again, I've been really busy since he wrote it. The problem is entirely on my end, not his.

You really don't have any right to demand that we finish quickly, though, we didn't ask you to show up at the castle. If you chose to do so despite the situation then honestly that's your problem.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: November 27, 2013, 04:51:54 AM »
Yeah, again, I've been really busy since he wrote it. The problem is entirely on my end, not his.

You really don't have any right to demand that we finish quickly, though, we didn't ask you to show up at the castle. If you chose to do so despite the situation then honestly that's your problem.
Considering the real problem is that you two thought a giant castle appearing out of nowhere in the center of a busy metropolis not attracting attention. And you have no right to demand that we stay away from said castle either.