Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310330 times)

Mordalfus Grea

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #1425 on: November 27, 2013, 04:54:30 AM »
This is why I have yet to approach the castle at all, I will wait until the castle becoming fully defined before entering its halls and for things to move along quicker because right now everything is moving at a stand still
If you must address me as something, it is not MG! Please address me as Mord if you need to shorten my name

My Other Locations
http://gat-x139.deviantart.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/~mordalfusgrea

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: November 27, 2013, 04:58:37 AM »
Yeah, again, I've been really busy since he wrote it. The problem is entirely on my end, not his.

You really don't have any right to demand that we finish quickly, though, we didn't ask you to show up at the castle. If you chose to do so despite the situation then honestly that's your problem.
Considering the real problem is that you two thought a giant castle appearing out of nowhere in the center of a busy metropolis not attracting attention.

Not really. It obviously attracts attention, but that doesn't mean you have to approach it.

And you have no right to demand that we stay away from said castle either.

No, but you have no right to assume we will post at your convinience if you do approach it, and nor do you have the right to act without letting Lantz respond.

We told you what the situation was, and you still chose to go to the castle. Therefore, any waiting that occurs is entirely your fault. We are not going to compromise our enjoyment of the RP for your benefit.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: November 27, 2013, 05:08:15 AM »
Cherry's been really busy with some important stuff IRL, so he can't really help that part of it. And while they don't have the right to forbid entry into the castle so long as said entry is justified and GM sanctioned, they do have the right to ask for people to wait while they finish a scene.

However, I definitely agree about the castle in general. While I won't go into the impossibility of the place again at the moment, the problem is that it is really hard to ignore. While people should still show courtesy with certain things (IE, allowing the scene to be finished, allowing people a chance to respond, etc), you can't blame the other characters for taking notice and wanting to investigate, nor them entering the grounds and poking around.

Plus, as I've said countless times, it's ultimately Elf's call as the GM, and she already made her ruling on this a while back.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: November 27, 2013, 05:40:31 AM »
Not really. It obviously attracts attention, but that doesn't mean you have to approach it.
Unless, you know, you're part of the police force and are looking up a disturbance. Which IC totally is, and is doing.

But like I said, I'm coo with waiting. Just imagine that all the time between my last IC post up until the post you answer, he's been hitting that fucking door like it stole his grandma's wallet and beat her into a comma.

Inferno Cop's one crazy dude.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: November 27, 2013, 09:47:23 AM »
You were warned that you would have to wait Arch. And since you are just assuming your facts I'll correct you. The castle in not in the center of the city. Satoshi specifically chose an abandoned area of the city where people were not presents as to draw less scrutiny from police and to make sure no one was hurt. The place he chose was an abandoned block so while it might have people wondering what it is for they would assume it was just redevelopment.

the castle was created by magic, it's like prefab work on a building, until Satoshi completes it it doesn't have much to it.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: November 27, 2013, 11:21:39 AM »
You know, your entire post doesn't have any weight unless you say this kind of thing as soon as you make the castle. Otherwise, as relevant. You know, like when the cops bring up investigating. No one is going to read the entire thread from the beginning to gather tiny, inconsequential tidbits like that.

Because you didn't do that, you look like you're making stuff up to retroactively prove yourself right. And seeing as you didn't deem fit to bring this up when IC showed up at the door, it makes me tilt more in that direction than anything else. You do sound like you're pulling stuff out of your ass, and I'd accuse you of it if I didn't have a phd in "deciphering intentions from terrible wording and timing." As it stands, instead all I see is that you fueled yet another easily-avoided misunderstanding.

Come on, man. Communicate a little. It's really starting to hamper you, and wear me down.

Besides, castle-scale redevelopment doesn't happen overnight. Faceless mooks or not, no one is that stupid. And one block isn't enough to make it THAT out-of-sight.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: November 27, 2013, 11:58:30 AM »
When I made the castle it was a three post thing, I don't see why I should be constantly made to restate these facts without cause. And yes until I finish the scene and we finally reply I don't have a reason in game to restate the details.

it's not my fault you guys sowed up at what was a point where the bloody details were irrelevant. I'll describe the blasted place when I post next, until then stop presuming the bloody details.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: November 27, 2013, 12:24:24 PM »
The discussion thread exists for a reason.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: November 27, 2013, 02:24:11 PM »
It's like four am, I honestly don't feel like discussion of this, you'll get your damn description just bloody wait

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: November 27, 2013, 04:24:58 PM »
The problem is when you stated "Oh hai Mark, I'm building a castle" you didn't expand on any details about it in the thread. How the fuck were we supposed to know there wasn't anything in there if we didn't have any indication as to that being the case, and all the indications to the contrary - the throne room, the fight with Rider, Alter's dining room, how you stated how fucking big it was etc. etc.

And how the hell were we supposed to know about the location, and about how 'Hey, it's somehow out of the way and not too obvious while still being visible from EVERY POINT IN THE CITY."

Quit pulling shit out of your ass Lantz.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: November 27, 2013, 04:38:43 PM »
The fight with Rider had her walking through a bunch of empty rooms and then meeting Satoshi. I don't see there being much there, although I will admit that I did think the castle was bigger than Lantz is saying now.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: November 27, 2013, 08:17:35 PM »
Description will be later, wait for it.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: November 27, 2013, 09:21:01 PM »
The problem is that some of the stuff you're saying now doesn't match up with what was said in the RP itself. The castle has to be pretty huge if it can be seen from every point in the city- otherwise there's no logical way it could have that infrastructure and all those rooms without collapsing in on itself. It can't get away with being like a sky scraper because it's built with brick. Even if it's magical Angra brick, it can't get away with that sort of structure, it's physically impossible. Plus if it somehow can because of magical Angra brick, that should pretty much forbid her from making a physical form (I still say that's impossible anyway, but assuming it is actually possible), because the defiance of basic physics here should be putting more of a strain on her. 

Again, while people should show courtesy in terms of waiting for people to finish a post if they request it, again, these details and inconsistencies are hard to ignore, and again, in the RP itself it's stated that the castle can be seen from every point in the city. Just because you say something else doesn't undo what's already been said in the RP, and the rest of the details have to comply with what you've already established, lest you destroy what little suspension of disbelief is remaining here.

In other words, while a lot of this is, yet again, poor communication, it does seem like you're just making excuses somewhat. I do think you need to think these things out more carefully and actually listen to what we have to say.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: November 27, 2013, 09:34:17 PM »
The problem is I've been hounded pointlessly over this as is the case usually over everything you guys have problems with. I'll be clear so listen. Wait for my description proper. That's it, I don't care what you think is impossible or whatever.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: November 27, 2013, 09:40:22 PM »
You're not being hounded over it though- it's a genuine problem that needs to be fixed. You keep just dismissing criticism as "hounding" or "oppression" or "harassment," when we're only pointing it out because it's well, a problem. There's a reason people keep saying you can't take criticism, and this is it.

This many people wouldn't be questioning it if there weren't a legitimate issue. Other than Magos on a few occasions, it's been all stated pretty politely for this issue too. It's not people out to get you or whatever, people are just trying to help while attempting to keep the RP enjoyable for themselves and the group as a whole as well.