Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310384 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #1440 on: November 27, 2013, 10:46:06 PM »
I have told you before that I regard criticism differently then the rest of you. None of you listen so the issue is never resolved. In short the compromise is to wait , the description will happen on my next post, no discussion required.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: November 27, 2013, 10:53:01 PM »
I have told you before that I regard criticism differently then the rest of you. None of you listen so the issue is never resolved. In short the compromise is to wait , the description will happen on my next post, no discussion required.
...No, the problem is that you don't listen to criticism period. The fact that you view it differently doesn't matter, because criticism is criticism in every form. You still need to listen to it.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: November 27, 2013, 11:44:40 PM »
I do listen to criticism. I've been clear about that. I won't bother with explaining the details of it again.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: November 28, 2013, 12:42:14 AM »
I do listen to criticism. I've been clear about that. I won't bother with explaining the details of it again.
Haha oh god. Then link it.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: November 28, 2013, 01:02:41 AM »
Magos, be nice.

Also, lantz, the problem is that, even if you listen, you don't tend to show that you heed it, hence why it comes off like you don't listen. You may actually be reading, processing, and accounting for a piece of criticism, but you often don't seem to actually be doing anything with the criticism you receive, and that's what frustrates people. Perhaps it's more miscommunication, but it makes the people that are giving said criticism feel like they're not actually accomplishing anything.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: November 28, 2013, 01:52:25 AM »
I evaluate and address my work privately  for a number of reasons  not the least of which is when I do acknowledge anything as off or wrong people take that as license to nit pick everything else I say from that point on.  It's disrespectful to everyone who helped me  and disrespectful to assume I do not know what I am doing. I'm hardly inclined to change the way I do things when I get the attitude I have when I try to explain things.

i am willing to discuss things but only when i am certain i will not be disrespected, the key is that i want to be listened to not argued with  ( and this has happened repeatedly) if i can be sure that discussion will stay discussion rather than an argument i would be more receptive to talking about this stuff.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: November 28, 2013, 04:02:01 AM »
I evaluate and address my work privately  for a number of reasons  not the least of which is when I do acknowledge anything as off or wrong people take that as license to nit pick everything else I say from that point on.  It's disrespectful to everyone who helped me  and disrespectful to assume I do not know what I am doing. I'm hardly inclined to change the way I do things when I get the attitude I have when I try to explain things.

i am willing to discuss things but only when i am certain i will not be disrespected, the key is that i want to be listened to not argued with  ( and this has happened repeatedly) if i can be sure that discussion will stay discussion rather than an argument i would be more receptive to talking about this stuff.
>Only when I'm certain not to be disrespected
Wow, it's almost like you invite disrespect by not revealing this shit first thing. And it isn't disrespectful to you to nitpick things - it's our way of trying to help you, by pointing out things that don't work or are wrong.

Basically, this attitude prevents you from taking ANY sort of advice, and as an author will prevent you from improving at all. You need someone to point out the flaw in things, that the Emperor has no clothes.

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: November 28, 2013, 05:16:01 AM »

So, you just want to state things and no reaction to it? I wouldn't really call that a discussion.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: November 28, 2013, 05:36:16 AM »
No Daiki. I want actual discussion rather the pointless nit picking or verbal abuse. For that to happen people have to listen when I explain things without  flipping out.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: November 28, 2013, 05:47:03 AM »
No Daiki. I want actual discussion rather the pointless nit picking or verbal abuse. For that to happen people have to listen when I explain things without  flipping out.
Which COULD happen if you actually, you know, posted shit here. But since you don't, nothing happens. And we do listen lantz. The problem is that most of the time we find your explanations lacking.

Mordalfus Grea

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: November 28, 2013, 07:15:09 AM »
Get back on target people! Focus on the present not the past! Lets get the story moving forwards not backwards.

The problem is that most of the time we find your explanations lacking.
I don't although that might be because I was once in a RP based forum where there was this one guy with over 5K posts and they were never more than two sentences that with little to no spelling done correctly, the admin's never banned him because he was one of their oldest members.

Lantz is nowhere near lacking in comparison with that guy and thank the root for that, so would you please stay on topic and wait for Lantz to get to the castle of his own time so that your characters can do their thing, do you get me, Magos?

I might as well make a ranting thread in the garden for your guys to vent on without clogging up the Discussion Board
If you must address me as something, it is not MG! Please address me as Mord if you need to shorten my name

My Other Locations
http://gat-x139.deviantart.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/~mordalfusgrea

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: November 28, 2013, 07:25:32 AM »
there was this one guy with over 5K posts and they were never more than two sentences that with little to no spelling done correctly, the admin's never banned him because he was one of their oldest members.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: November 28, 2013, 07:30:06 AM »
Get back on target people! Focus on the present not the past! Lets get the story moving forwards not backwards.

The problem is that most of the time we find your explanations lacking.
I don't although that might be because I was once in a RP based forum where there was this one guy with over 5K posts and they were never more than two sentences that with little to no spelling done correctly, the admin's never banned him because he was one of their oldest members.

Lantz is nowhere near lacking in comparison with that guy and thank the root for that, so would you please stay on topic and wait for Lantz to get to the castle of his own time so that your characters can do their thing, do you get me, Magos?

I might as well make a ranting thread in the garden for your guys to vent on without clogging up the Discussion Board
thank the root for that
GET OUT

Ahem -

By lacking I mean, lacking in any substance, anything concrete, and in general causing more questions to be asked than answering any. Lantz is a master at saying everything while saying nothing.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 07:51:08 AM by Arch-Magos Winter »

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: November 28, 2013, 07:31:49 AM »
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 07:55:09 AM by NamesAreHardToComeUpWith »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: November 28, 2013, 07:33:01 AM »
GO FUCK YOURSELF.
DUDE EDIT DAT SHIT

DAT'S NOT COOL
YOU DON'T SWEAR BY DA ROOT MAN. DAT SHIT AIN'T KOSHER MAN!

DAT SHIT GABREL BLESSING BULLSHIT MAN, DATS NOT COOL YO!