Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310446 times)

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #1605 on: December 04, 2013, 06:05:21 AM »
I'll agree that it was as subtle as a sledgehammer to the face, emotional as an accidental sledgehammer to the face and put together with the same finesse as a man dropping a sledgehammer on another man's face, but it doesn't need a GM ruling.

What it needed was an actual set-up that doesn't make it look like Sak the young has teleportation powers that came in a package deal with frame-skipping ones.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: December 04, 2013, 06:06:16 AM »
lantz... I'm sorry, but that whole scene... it was...

OK. "Sakura" shouldn't be able to do that. They pretty much teleported down those stairs. You spit in the face of Archer and Rin's characters even more by having her daughter be that way. The red hair thing still makes no sense. You pretty much "resolved" the whole thing in not only a matter that was nonsensical, but was entirely exclusionary to anyone else.

I'm sorry, but I think this needs a GM ruling. This just goes way too far.
Seconded. That's godmodding in the extreme. You denied any response from any of our characters, AND did it in a nonsensical and utterly stupid fashion.

And I'll have to ask Elf for this, but I'm pretty sure I could Boneyard Angra back here.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: December 04, 2013, 06:07:35 AM »
The floor bit was my bad yes, rechecking it I made a mistake since I thought that the kitchen was upstairs. The red hair magic bit is something I discussed with elf a long time ago and as for the rest you are just being hostile.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: December 04, 2013, 06:08:34 AM »
As hostile as a sledgehammer to the face?

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: December 04, 2013, 06:08:55 AM »
No arch, she was already dissolving, you wouldn't have reached her anyway.

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: December 04, 2013, 06:09:54 AM »
Personally, I see it as being similar to that one boss fight in that video game you love, where you fight for like half an hour and exhaust your party, only to have some random shmuck show up at the end and take credit for everything without any warning. Kinda like fighting all day at Helm's Deep and then having to watch fucking Gandalf show up and save the day like the stupid asshole that he is.

Basically, not cool man. Not cool.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: December 04, 2013, 06:13:53 AM »
I'm so sick and tired of being shit on. She was dying and was going to next turn no matter what. I choose to use my character and give her a moment, I do not care if it spits in a characters face when frankly the player of said characters is out right hostile to me.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: December 04, 2013, 06:15:57 AM »
I stated before that the floor issue was my mistake. But as for the rest my characters have been inoperative for quite a bit. So I posted with them, I have a right to play the game

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: December 04, 2013, 06:16:18 AM »
Well lantz, that's a problem. You can't do a roleplay if the only characters you care about are your own. We're all guilty of this in part, but from what I've read you've literally spent the entire RP doing whatever the hell you feel like with no consideration for what everyone else wants. Sure, you haven't technically broken any rules, and your post was, again, not god-modding, but it's still a bit of a middle finger to everyone who had gotten emotionally invested in the scene.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: December 04, 2013, 06:16:43 AM »
No arch, she was already dissolving, you wouldn't have reached her anyway.
AHAHAHA that's not how the boneyard works. She was easily in his range. When the Stigmatic Boneyard goes off, it's an INSTANT thing, and she'd just get sucked into it. Lawrences will would override her own, and then it's sealing ritual time. Actually, he wouldn't even need the Boneyard. He could just activate the Seal, using his newfound plasm to force her into the bottle, which would then be sealed with a bit of iron baling wire. He's already got the symbol drawn on it.

Enjoy his small bottle of Jaegermiester as her new home until he needs to eat her.

I fucking love Sin-Eater powers. It's like the ultimate 'Fuck You' to shit like this.

Also, ALTER WHEN.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: December 04, 2013, 06:19:40 AM »
A moment that is pretty terrible from a character development standpoint and from a "where the fuck did that come from" standpoint at the same time, mind you. It was unsubtle, poor storytelling and basically goes off as you slapping your own two little handpuppets together while the rest of the circus you're a part of looks at you with disapproval because there was more than just you and the guy you approve of in the number being displayed tomorrow.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: December 04, 2013, 06:20:19 AM »
My characters repeatedly got sidelined and in some cases those things were needed (the bit in the street with the phone call) to trigger an event. I have spent a large chunk of the game doing things to facilitate other players bloble. I'm not acting in my own interests 90% of the time.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: December 04, 2013, 06:23:04 AM »
My characters repeatedly got sidelined and in some cases those things were needed (the bit in the street with the phone call) to trigger an event. I have spent a large chunk of the game doing things to facilitate other players bloble. I'm not acting in my own interests 90% of the time.
Riiiiiight.

Then why isn't Alter doing something, I mean seriously have you forgotten about her?

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: December 04, 2013, 06:23:41 AM »
Also, once you're actually capable of RolePlaying and not spouting OOC reasons for things that are IC like with thus:
I do not care if it spits in a characters face when frankly the player of said characters is out right hostile to me
You might actually earn a modicum of respect.

As it stands you pulled shit out of your ass with absolutely no warning because you felt one of your snowflakes wasn't getting enough attention.

BIG DEAL, One of mine is currently lost and forgotten in the basement of the apartment building.

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: December 04, 2013, 06:25:34 AM »
Maybe you're right, lantz. Maybe you have spent most of the game being a bro and helping others do stuff, and that's awesome of you. I'll admit that I've only skimmed any posts before Axe Cop's entrance, so I might have missed some of those moments. But here? All I've seen here is you messing up what could've been a good moment.