Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310368 times)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #1650 on: December 04, 2013, 07:47:40 AM »
If someone had asked me to edit politely names I'd have done it. Instead everyone flipped out. Unfortunately unless those who have posted after me want to roll back their posts I'm not sure I can do that at this point
...Still missing the entire fucking point aren't you Lantz? It isn't the teleportation we're angry about, it's your refusal to play ball with us, and denying what could be fucking amazing character interactions, all because one of your sues hasn't had the fucking spotlight shined in her face for five fucking seconds.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: December 04, 2013, 07:53:48 AM »
We had no reason to assume you'd do it, however, based on previous evidence when you had Angra show up after everyone had decided to just let Elf sort out the situation and you didn't delete your post even after seeing all of this.

And really, your post pissed a lot of us off. We were emotional and not tolerant of you taking up the spotlight just because of, as was later revealed, a personal feeling that your one character hadn't been seen in the last little while. The situation itself we wouldn't be as mad at if you did build it up, because this is a team game and we should know when you're about to do this stuff through the IC posts at least, but instead you made everything happen based on what you wanted to see in a story instead of in an RP.

The thing is, we're playing this game too. I won't have Ran randomly pop up from behind a door in the hallway to bang Law, because I haven't taken control of Ran in an RP post and moved her there, because I wasn't public about it. We're all on the same team, and you can't just spring this stuff right out of the wall whenever you want it to happen a certain way. It's not fair to the rest of us.

It's just not fair for everyone else playing the game, and it DOES qualify as godmodding.

And if you're not fair to them, of course everyone else will treat you like crap for it. Eye for an eye is practically hardwired in human beings.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: December 04, 2013, 08:08:06 AM »
Ok before the board timed me out I wrote this huge thing but it boils down to this. Mistakes were clearly made on both side and we all have to learn from it. You guys have to keep in mind a polite request is an option and I'll have to be more careful in executing these kinds of floating point kinda things. Hopefully I won't have to do so under my own power the next time an event comes up.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: December 04, 2013, 08:14:40 AM »
lantz, that doesn't change the fact that what you did was very inconsiderate. You need to consider the other players and not just ignore what they need because you feel they're "hostile" towards you. Actually ask us before you do these things, and answer our questions. Also, I don't understand what you mean by your last sentence.

I still think this needs a GM ruling. Hopefully Bloble wouldn't mind deleting his post if that's what's necessary to fix this. Quite frankly, I think we deserve the chance to have the scene be resolved properly, in a way that allows others the chance to interact with it.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: December 04, 2013, 08:39:13 AM »
I acknowledged that the way I did it was poor and that's all I can do about it Alice. At this stage I cannot edit anything to change it. And again Alice many times my characters are outright treated as monsters or abused verbally leaving me to have to act to generate story opportunities in a self contained manner, if they were not immediately put upon and written off I would not have to do so. This came about because I felt I would not get help from the rest of you and there's truth to that. So do not think I am solely responsible for the situation at hand please.

as for resolution I do have to wonder what you can do when Angra will die next post (assuming we do roll back which I am ok with but can't because again other peoples posts are there now) you can't trap her mind or make her live longer. I mean maybe a one liner can be thrown at her but I'm not sure what the difference that makes.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: December 04, 2013, 08:51:57 AM »
If Bloble deletes his post, it's entirely possible for you to delete yours. And I know you're capable of deleting posts, because that's what happened during the Alter incident.

And don't shift the blame on us yet again. That's part of why we tend to get so frustrated- even when you take some of the blame, you tend to shift the rest onto someone that's not you.

Also, your characters are treated like monsters because they act like monsters. As I said earlier, they tend to be nasty to everyone except each other. And again, that doesn't change the fact that what you did was really inconsiderate and selfish.

Again, this is why I say we need a GM ruling. If Elf says that the posts should go bye bye, even if you somehow can't delete the post yourself, I can do that for you.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: December 04, 2013, 09:18:48 AM »
I stated that as of now I cannot do anything and already stated that yes if players ahead of me roll back I can do things like edit.

as for the rest of your post it seems that communication has broken down because to me it looks like instead of moving forward you're resorting to blaming me for everything again. This is neither correct fair or constructive.

I am not solely to blame here.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: December 04, 2013, 09:35:04 AM »
If Bloble deletes his post, it's entirely possible for you to delete yours. And I know you're capable of deleting posts, because that's what happened during the Alter incident.

Yes, but Bloble hasn't deleted his post....

And don't shift the blame on us yet again. That's part of why we tend to get so frustrated- even when you take some of the blame, you tend to shift the rest onto someone that's not you.

Yeah, it's rare that something is entirely one person's fault, and I think it's a little unfair to assume Lantz should just assume all the responsibility for everything.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: December 04, 2013, 09:41:19 AM »
Yeah, it's rare that something is entirely one person's fault, and I think it's a little unfair to assume Lantz should just assume all the responsibility for everything.
It's rare, but in this case entirely accurate.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: December 04, 2013, 09:50:44 AM »
Cherry, first of all, please read everything and get a better understanding of the situation first.

Second of all, the thing is, he's shifting most of the blame on us here when he's the one who's primarily responsible. I never said there was no fault on our end, but a lot of this situation had to do with lantz reacting out of selfish impulse and not even caring to consider anyone else playing because they're "hostile" to him.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: December 04, 2013, 09:54:56 AM »
I don't think he is shifting most of the blame to you, he's saying "we're both to blame, this is a miscommunication".

I have read everything, and the conclusion I've come to is that Lantz misunderstood the situation and layout of the house, you and Magos got somewhat aggressive about it and then it devolved into an argument. Like Lantz says, actually asking him to change it and explaining the issue is a far better way of dealing with it than shouting at him, demanding a GM intervention and calling him selfish for it.

Also, if Lantz has an issue with seeing you as hostile, then being even more hostile when he tries to actually apologise is not going to help matters. You might not agree with everything he said, but he is at least admitting he did screw up. Being aggressive about it because he doesn't see it in exactly the same way as you do is only going to prove to him that he shouldn't bother in future.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 09:56:56 AM by Cherry Lover »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: December 04, 2013, 10:03:37 AM »
I don't think he is shifting most of the blame to you, he's saying "we're both to blame, this is a miscommunication".

I have read everything, and the conclusion I've come to is that Lantz misunderstood the situation and layout of the house, you and Magos got somewhat aggressive about it and then it devolved into an argument. Like Lantz says, actually asking him to change it and explaining the issue is a far better way of dealing with it than shouting at him, demanding a GM intervention and calling him selfish for it.

Also, if Lantz has an issue with seeing you as hostile, then being even more hostile when he tries to actually apologise is not going to help matters. You might not agree with everything he said, but he is at least admitting he did screw up. Being aggressive about it because he doesn't see it in exactly the same way as you do is only going to prove to him that he shouldn't bother in future.
The problem isn't that, you obviously skimmed and missed the fucking point like Lantz did. Read carefully, as Alice said, so you can understand the situation better, we state the reason for our anger multiple times.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: December 04, 2013, 10:06:13 AM »
...You understood it wrong then, Cherry. Again, it's not the teleportation thing that we're mainly angry about. It's the fact that he had Angra killed in a really terrible way by his own OC when it was completely illogical and unnecessary for her to do so just so she could get more spotlight, effectively ruining the scene and any other character interaction we may have had.

You're missing the point completely here. What he did was, once again, inconsiderate and selfish. He is mostly to blame here because he clearly does not care about what we think and letting us play properly in the RP. He even gives the justification that it's because we're "hostile" for that.

Well, I'm sorry, I'm not letting him do something this dickish just because we're "hostile." If the only problem he sees is the teleportation crap, then why should we be considerate to him? At all? Clearly he doesn't give two shits about what I think. Because why the hell would my opinion matter, huh? Because I'm "hostile."

Honestly, if I were the one running the RP here, I would have kicked him out for that. A simple mistake about the rooms is one thing, and is entirely excusable, doing a dickish thing like he did there, and using the justification that he can do it because he doesn't like us to boot, is god awful and quite frankly is kinda unforgivable.

That's why I'm saying there needs to be a GM ruling. lantz went way too far this time. And quite frankly, I'm tired of just standing by and watching it happen. If lantz refuses to be considerate, then maybe I should stop being considerate.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 10:08:16 AM by Alice »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: December 04, 2013, 10:08:59 AM »
And once again you did not read the post Alice Angra died BEFORE Sakura brought the chair down. Honestly mike is right, I don't want to bother trying when I get nothing but hostility even when I admit I screwed up.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: December 04, 2013, 10:13:22 AM »
Alice once again you are mishearing me and acting hostile as a result.