Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310474 times)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #1680 on: December 04, 2013, 06:57:01 PM »
It's like acid, she walked in and it started to eat her alive because as I've said she's sorta like mud in a plastic bag. The bag finally tore so to speak.
That isn't how wards work.

EDIT - Also the Sakura problem is still there. She shouldn't be moving let alone kicking in doors.  And that reference isn't working. And makes no sense.

As is go go gadget capture flask.

Enjoy your new home Angra.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 06:59:43 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: December 04, 2013, 07:15:19 PM »
OK, Magos, you don't get to control other characters. Also, whilst it is technically not killing her, I'm pretty sure locking his character up so he can't escape until he gets bored and lets you eat her violates the spirit if not the actual letter of the "no-kill" rule.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: December 04, 2013, 07:17:25 PM »
Angra will respawn at the castle guys

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: December 04, 2013, 07:19:29 PM »
Also, Magos, I won't be posting until your post is edited, because I am 100% sure that it violates the "no controlling other characters" rule and I think it is also rather against the spirit of the "no-kill" rule too. So I see no point in replying to something that will almost certainly get edited by GM fiat if you don't change it yourself.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: December 04, 2013, 07:19:42 PM »
OK, Magos, you don't get to control other characters. Also, whilst it is technically not killing her, I'm pretty sure locking his character up so he can't escape until he gets bored and lets you eat her violates the spirit if not the actual letter of the "no-kill" rule.
Actually... it doesn't have to suck her in. It will however, hold her in place.

From the core

Sometimes, a ghost is so terrible and difficult to destroy that the Sin-Eater can find no answer other than imprisoning it. The Sin-Eater can order the ghost to enter a room or container and can then bind the ghost so that it must remain within for the room or container for as long as it remains closed. Performing the Ceremony: The Sin-Eater marks the interior or exterior of the room or container with a complex sigil meaning prison. The Sin-Eater can then order a single ghost that she can clearly see to enter the room or container. The Sin-Eater must then seal all exits and openings with iron wire (versions of this ceremony also exist that instead use copper wire, high test fishing line, or even human hair). The Sin-Eater can seal the space from the inside or the outside and the space can be anything from a room in a house to a closet or a packing box, to a soda bottle. Wine and soda bottles are especially popular, and some Sin-Eaters have extensive collections of ghosts on their mantle pieces or wine cellars. The ghost can attack the Sin-Eater but cannot flee while the Sin-Eater is making the rolls for this ceremony.

He fulfilled all the requirements of the ceremony. At the very least, he'll prevent her from running.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: December 04, 2013, 07:20:58 PM »
OK, the question is whether Angra qualifies as a "ghost", and Lantz gets to decide that, not you.

Also, I do think it is really bad form to do something that permanently takes a character out of the RP without the person playing them giving consent for that. There is a no-kill rule for a reason.

I also think that power is frankly OP and should not be allowed, because there is no way to prevent it working and it would presumably also affect someone like Rider.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 07:22:27 PM by Cherry Lover »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: December 04, 2013, 07:21:40 PM »
OK, the question is whether Angra qualifies as a "ghost", and Lantz gets to decide that, not you.

Also, I do think it is really bad form to do something that permanently takes a character out of the RP without the person playing them giving consent for that. There is a no-kill rule for a reason.
She's still in play as the castle. You seem to be forgetting that.

EDIT: She's also displayed memories of her treatment, indicating that she's basically a Heroic Spirit WHICH IS A HUMAN SOUL. Its' even in her sheet. She's a ghost, plain and simple.

Medusa on the other hand, is sorta in a grey area. She's more like a Geist than a ghost, so she'd probably be able to slip out of it. Actually, at best It'd probably only slow her down.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 07:26:10 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: December 04, 2013, 07:22:45 PM »
Not a ghost, it did however force her to return to her anchor.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: December 04, 2013, 07:25:21 PM »
Oh, for fuck's sake, Magos, an inanimate object does not count as a character.

Also, I don't recall seeing this ability on your character sheet. Which for something this powerful and having such an effect on everyone else is clearly not remotely reasonable. A power this OP needs the GM to be able to rule on it.

Additionally, you didn't give Lantz a chance to react. The ritual is presumably not short, yet you suddenly said "the character is captured" in one post.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: December 04, 2013, 07:28:05 PM »

Also, I don't recall seeing this ability on your character sheet. Which for something this powerful and having such an effect on everyone else is clearly not remotely reasonable. A power this OP needs the GM to be able to rule on it.

Additionally, you didn't give Lantz a chance to react. The ritual is presumably not short, yet you suddenly said "the character is captured" in one post.
Actually, according to Lantz the Castle and Angra are one in the same.
I did not say "The Character is captured" I said, "The ritual is sucking her towards the bottle."

I posted this earlier in the thread when Elf asked for a list of character abilities. Sin-Eaters are rather powerful, and I did not see Elf objecting.

This is all stuff that the game allows them to do. This is a really simple ritual, but extremely potent. All that matters is activating the Seal and seeing the ghost.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 07:29:18 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: December 04, 2013, 07:29:21 PM »

I did not say "The Character is captured" I said, "The ritual is sucking her towards the bottle."

I posted this earlier in the thread when Elf asked for a list of character abilities. Sin-Eaters are rather powerful, and I did not see Elf objecting.

This is all stuff that the game allows them to do. This is a really simple ritual, but extremely potent. All that matters is activating the Seal and seeing the ghost.

No, sorry, but this power is not on. It is too damn OP. There is literally nothing a spirit (which includes Rider) can do about it.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: December 04, 2013, 07:30:29 PM »
Sorry Arch, Satoshi is the anchor for the curse, you'll have to kill him to sever her long enough to contain her and a piss poor bottle won't be enough to hold all the world's evil. She's respawning at the castle. End of story.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: December 04, 2013, 07:33:52 PM »
Sorry Arch, Satoshi is the anchor for the curse, you'll have to kill him to sever her long enough to contain her and a piss poor bottle won't be enough to hold all the world's evil. She's respawning at the castle. End of story.
Pandora's box. Fucking checkmate. Besides, it's not just a bottle. It's a bottle with duct tape over the lid to seal it better. Totally different. Also, its a metal flask.

No, sorry, but this power is not on. It is too damn OP. There is literally nothing a spirit (which includes Rider) can do about it.
It falls into his domain as a Sin-Eater. He's the gatekeeper between the Underworld and the Living. Besides, Rider has MR capable of shrugging it off, and you can still attack Lawrence while the ritual is going on. That's always an answer.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 07:35:02 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: December 04, 2013, 07:40:29 PM »
No Arch, Angra is gone. Respawning at castle.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: December 04, 2013, 07:41:22 PM »
No Arch, Angra is gone. Respawning at castle.
Nope. Can't run away from this one Lantz. It's part of the fucking power.