Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310469 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #1695 on: December 04, 2013, 07:43:51 PM »
It falls into his domain as a Sin-Eater. He's the gatekeeper between the Underworld and the Living. Besides, Rider has MR capable of shrugging it off, and you can still attack Lawrence while the ritual is going on. That's always an answer.

Except that you gave Lantz literally one post to react. Also, if Rider can shrug it off with MR then Angra can find ways out too.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: December 04, 2013, 07:45:50 PM »
It falls into his domain as a Sin-Eater. He's the gatekeeper between the Underworld and the Living. Besides, Rider has MR capable of shrugging it off, and you can still attack Lawrence while the ritual is going on. That's always an answer.

Except that you gave Lantz literally one post to react. Also, if Rider can shrug it off with MR then Angra can find ways out too.
That's because Rider as HS's go, is sorta an anomaly. She's a monster, no longer human. Angra at it's core as an HS is still human. Medusa isn't.

As is, one post is more than he gave us to react to her disappearing BS.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: December 04, 2013, 07:50:07 PM »
Sorry but no, this not imprisonment in a fair way, I won't have it because if captured there's ostensibly no way out which is different from being bound in a magic field. I will not have my character in effect killed off without consent.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: December 04, 2013, 07:51:21 PM »

That's because Rider as HS's go, is sorta an anomaly. She's a monster, no longer human. Angra at it's core as an HS is still human. Medusa isn't.

I think Angra is only very loosely human, if at all. Particularly Lantz's version, who seems to have little in common with the original person called Angra Mainyu. From what I can tell, Lantz's Angra is basically just a curse that has come to life.

Which he edited when people complained.

And, also, having a character disappear and locking a character up where they cannot act are not the same thing. They're not even close to the same. Stuff which causes more likely problems needs more chance to react.

Sorry but no, this not imprisonment in a fair way, I won't have it because if captured there's ostensibly no way out which is different from being bound in a magic field. I will not have my character in effect killed off without consent.

Yeah, I fully agree. It might not be breaking the literal wording of the no-kill rule, but it is sure as hell breaking the intent of it. As far as I am concerned you should need his consent to do anything like this.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 07:52:38 PM by Cherry Lover »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: December 04, 2013, 07:54:28 PM »
I think Angra is only very loosely human, if at all. Particularly Lantz's version, who seems to have little in common with the original person called Angra Mainyu. From what I can tell, Lantz's Angra is basically just a curse that has come to life.

Which he edited when people complained.

And, also, having a character disappear and locking a character up where they cannot act are not the same thing. They're not even close to the same. Stuff which causes more likely problems needs more chance to react.

Yeah, I fully agree. It might not be breaking the literal wording of the no-kill rule, but it is sure as hell breaking the intent of it. As far as I am concerned you should need his consent to do anything like this.

Actually, there is a way out - Distrupt the ritual, fight your way out, or put up enough of a struggle to make the capture not worth it. It's not an instant death field no matter what you claim.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: December 04, 2013, 07:56:18 PM »
Angra is all the worlds evil. She's not the guy who died to become it she's literally it. You can't contain the darkness of six billion people in a flask and even if you could she is firmly anchored by Satoshi, she will simply reconstitute at him because your flask can't stop that.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: December 04, 2013, 07:57:25 PM »
Angra is all the worlds evil. She's not the guy who died to become it she's literally it. You can't contain the darkness of six billion people in a flask and even if you could she is firmly anchored by Satoshi, she will simply reconstitute at him because your flask can't stop that.
Fun fact - you're pulling bullshit because you state she's a servant in your sheet.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: December 04, 2013, 07:59:04 PM »
Zero consent is made here. You do not get to capture my character in a mason jar.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: December 04, 2013, 08:01:34 PM »
Zero consent is made here. You do not get to capture my character in a mason jar.
Nope, it isn't a mason jar. As is, your consent doesn't really matter here, considering Elf will rule on that. And in this case  -

*I'm not killing her
*I gave you an opportunity to escape, fight back, or react, and then you pulled bullshit to escape which is explicitly stated in the power you can't do
*You're acting like an entitled little prick

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: December 04, 2013, 08:06:41 PM »
No arch, you are effectively killing my character. I do not consent
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 08:07:45 PM by lantzblades »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: December 04, 2013, 08:10:51 PM »
Nope, it isn't a mason jar. As is, your consent doesn't really matter here, considering Elf will rule on that. And in this case  -

Well, his consent matters if Elf says it does.

*I'm not killing her

You are in effect.

As I said, this might not break the letter of that rule but it sure as hell breaks the spirit of it.

*I gave you an opportunity to escape, fight back, or react, and then you pulled bullshit to escape which is explicitly stated in the power you can't do

She was already disappearing. I don't think Lantz's Angra works how you think it does.

*You're acting like an entitled little prick

Magos, he's not the one trying to destroy someone else's character out of malicious intent towards them....
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 08:15:37 PM by Cherry Lover »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: December 04, 2013, 08:15:32 PM »
Magos, he's not the one trying to destroy someone else's character out of malicious intent towards them....
This is totally justified in character. This is his fucking JOB.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: December 04, 2013, 08:15:46 PM »
Exactly cherry, plus he's being inconsiderate to Alice whose character specifically said they wanted to have words with Angra (which is why I didn't have,Angra die last post)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: December 04, 2013, 08:17:17 PM »
Exactly cherry, plus he's being inconsiderate to Alice whose character specifically said they wanted to have words with Angra (which is why I didn't have,Angra die last post)
Actually, I am being considerate to her.

While you can't run, you can most certainly stay out of the bottle. I've stated this before.

If I was being inconsiderate, I could have Hijacked Dark Archer, and Archer with the Stigmatic Boneyard, used it to Angra limb from limb, then have the Archers blast what's left of her off the face of the planet.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 08:18:54 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: December 04, 2013, 08:19:55 PM »
Also, in the original material, the ritual can be resisted by a roll that includes the affected character's supernatural power stat - for the purposes of this RP let's consider that Magic Resistance and the Mana stat are the revelant quantifiable characteristics that replace it, due to how MR works and how magi course prana through their circuits to resist magecraft. If Angra is mostly a Servant, then she's by definition a spirit/ghost, and susceptible to the ritual, as Servants are specifically "Ghost Liners" as well. And since she has mediocre stats and no magic resistance to speak of, that means her only real option is to attack Lawrence to try and disrupt his focus of the ritual, since she can't resist the ritual enough to simply escape. It doesn't mean it's probable, but it's still giving her a choice, and a chance to fight back and possibly escape if you manage to convince me with some good writing.

You want Cinematic? There you go.