Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310401 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #1710 on: December 04, 2013, 08:22:30 PM »
Dying is not running, she died and respawned and I'm keeping it that way at this point. I do not at all trust you. There is no way to attack unless I have Sakura punch Lawrence in the back of the head.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: December 04, 2013, 08:24:00 PM »
Dying is not running, she died and respawned and I'm keeping it that way at this point. I do not at all trust you. There is no way to attack unless I have Sakura punch Lawrence in the back of the head.
See, here's the thing - she can't die to escape this. There is no escape, you will be sealed. That is the very essence of this ritual - there is no escape. Not even death.

Can't she just use her wolves then?  Or you could have Sakura just punch him in the back of the head.

For that matter, being sealed isn't the end of her - there's a bunch of things that could happen to her afterwords. After all, the others want to have some words for her, which could easily let her be unsealed. Basically, it isn't the end of this character, and right now Law is basically tripping balls off of all the plasm he's swimming in at the moment, so he has no need to eat her.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 08:27:55 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: December 04, 2013, 08:42:06 PM »
Edited. And the lack of escape is a serious no no

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: December 04, 2013, 08:48:20 PM »
Yeah, Arch, sorry, but I don't think it's fair for you to basically take someone's character out of the RP. It's up to Elf, of course, but I would say it should definitely not be allowed.

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: December 04, 2013, 08:58:16 PM »
I think it's fair and perfectly possible under the rules (if Elf can bring in a full body Anti-Magic, this is way less OP), but it's also a dick move. I don't see it as violating the spirit of anything, as people can and do inconvenience each other all the time, but... well...

You're not a Ghostbuster, bro.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: December 04, 2013, 09:06:22 PM »
I think it's fair and perfectly possible under the rules (if Elf can bring in a full body Anti-Magic, this is way less OP), but it's also a dick move. I don't see it as violating the spirit of anything, as people can and do inconvenience each other all the time, but... well...

You're not a Ghostbuster, bro.

Well, as far as I am aware, the "no killing" rule is there so people don't have characters taken out of the RP against their will. What Magos was planning to do would have had the same effect, and thus should really be covered by it.

It's fine to inconvinience other characters, but what Magos was doing went well beyond that, if successful.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 09:07:49 PM by Cherry Lover »

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: December 04, 2013, 09:09:20 PM »
I don't think so. The no killing rule is to prevent irreversible stuff, not a temporary sealing. Hell, if Magos had beaten up Angra and tied her up in his basement with wards everywhere, would you say the same thing? This is pretty much that. And think of it this way: If he had succeeded, you'd have an entire arc where the objective is to rescue the princess from the big bad Sin-Eater! Even though said princess happens to be the literal personification of all evil.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: December 04, 2013, 09:14:05 PM »
Since there is no escape from capture in the case of Arch's method it's not the same bloble which is why I objected to it. People can cap my characters if it is reasonably and measurably temporary. Being trapped in a bottle isn't

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: December 04, 2013, 09:15:14 PM »
Since there is no escape from capture in the case of Arch's method it's not the same bloble which is why I objected to it. People can cap my characters if it is reasonably and measurably temporary. Being trapped in a bottle isn't
It is measurable.

It's from the time I put the lid on until the time someone takes it off.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: December 04, 2013, 09:18:36 PM »
Yeah that's not actually a correct measure of time Arch, so no, not acceptable

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: December 04, 2013, 09:20:18 PM »
I don't think so. The no killing rule is to prevent irreversible stuff, not a temporary sealing. Hell, if Magos had beaten up Angra and tied her up in his basement with wards everywhere, would you say the same thing? This is pretty much that. And think of it this way: If he had succeeded, you'd have an entire arc where the objective is to rescue the princess from the big bad Sin-Eater! Even though said princess happens to be the literal personification of all evil.

The thing is, what Magos was intending was irreversible, to all intents and purposes. Who the hell is going to attempt to rescue Angra Mainyu...?

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: December 04, 2013, 09:24:11 PM »
Not very irreversible if all it takes to let her go is twisting off a bottle cap. And Connor seems to be fine with rescuing her, although I have no idea why he'd want to IC.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: December 04, 2013, 09:27:20 PM »
Not very irreversible if all it takes to let her go is twisting off a bottle cap. And Connor seems to be fine with rescuing her, although I have no idea why he'd want to IC.
Yeah, IC that doesn't really make sense, considering she's you know, the source of all evils.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: December 04, 2013, 09:30:16 PM »
Not very irreversible if all it takes to let her go is twisting off a bottle cap.

That's like saying that death isn't irreversible because you could write a Necromancer as your next character. Sure, it is theoretically reversible, but no-one is going to do it....

And Connor seems to be fine with rescuing her, although I have no idea why he'd want to IC.

Lantz does actually have a decent explanation for that....

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: December 04, 2013, 09:31:34 PM »
Not very irreversible if all it takes to let her go is twisting off a bottle cap.

That's like saying that death isn't irreversible because you could write a Necromancer as your next character. Sure, it is theoretically reversible, but no-one is going to do it....

And Connor seems to be fine with rescuing her, although I have no idea why he'd want to IC.

Lantz does actually have a decent explanation for that....
Satoshi might want to free her for some BS reason. So could Connor or any of Lantz's OC crew.

Saber Alter would want her back.