Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 309396 times)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #1890 on: December 09, 2013, 03:13:52 AM »
Yeah, but Alice is getting upset about it, because it makes her character come out bad, and rather OOC.

Also, given the situation being ignored is not normal and, additionally, he's not used to it at all. His parents don't ignore him much if ever.
Then he'd better get used to it. I got ignored when the Adults were talking until I was like 17.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: December 09, 2013, 03:22:22 AM »
Well, that's not how Sakura and Shirou work, they don't treat their kids like shit. It's also not something that I'm used to happening, either, certainly not to the extent you're claiming.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: December 09, 2013, 03:29:57 AM »
Well, that's not how Sakura and Shirou work, they don't treat their kids like shit. It's also not something that I'm used to happening, either, certainly not to the extent you're claiming.
It's more that there's some things that kids that young simply just don't get explained, rather than treating him like shit. There's certain matters, and other things kids simply don't  have the experience to weigh in on.

In all honesty I mistyped, it was more like 16. Really, its less ignored, and more "We're simply not discussing this around you," and in all honesty, I think that's a decent policy.

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: December 09, 2013, 03:33:08 AM »
That's fine Mike, but you have to understand that a not insignificant number of adults don't really hold what a child says to be of importance, and generally find them uninteresting and will usually stick to saying hello and smiling before going back to their conversation. Axe Cop in particular doesn't really like kids (barring his numerous moods) and doesn't talk to them often. A kid not being the center of an adult's attention isn't strange, unless those adults happen to be related to him.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: December 09, 2013, 03:33:46 AM »
It's more that there's some things that kids that young simply just don't get explained, rather than treating him like shit. There's certain matters, and other things kids simply don't  have the experience to weigh in on.

In all honesty I mistyped, it was more like 16. Really, its less ignored, and more "We're simply not discussing this around you," and in all honesty, I think that's a decent policy.

Well, yeah, there are some things which you wouldn't really want to discuss around kids, but in general I don't think treating them as if they don't exist just because they're younger is a good policy at all.

That's fine Mike, but you have to understand that a not insignificant number of adults don't really hold what a child says to be of importance, and generally find them uninteresting and will usually stick to saying hello and smiling before going back to their conversation. Axe Cop in particular doesn't really like kids (barring his numerous moods) and doesn't talk to them often. A kid not being the center of an adult's attention isn't strange, unless those adults happen to be related to him.

Well, that's their decision, but he's not likely to be overly fond of them in return. Although I suspect Kiyoshi isn't going to like Axe Cop much anyway, because by his logic pretty much the entirety of Kiyoshi's family would be in prison by now....
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 03:35:06 AM by Cherry Lover »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: December 09, 2013, 03:35:02 AM »
Well, yeah, there are some things which you wouldn't really want to discuss around kids, but in general I don't think treating them as if they don't exist just because they're younger is a good policy at all.
No, this is a 'This matter isn't for the kiddies' attitude. Which is one that in this situation applies.

Mike, when you chose an 11 year old as a PC you had to expect this.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: December 09, 2013, 03:36:06 AM »
No, this is a 'This matter isn't for the kiddies' attitude. Which is one that in this situation applies.

Mike, when you chose an 11 year old as a PC you had to expect this.

Well, sure, but that doesn't mean Kiyoshi will like it.

Also, whilst that might make sense in plenty of cases, this isn't really one of them....

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: December 09, 2013, 03:40:46 AM »
Actually considering the entire situation is basically resolved, no thanks to Satoshi, it's not surprising that he's being ignored.

Sorry Mike, shit like this happens.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: December 09, 2013, 03:44:40 AM »
The thing is that it only got resolved with him being ignored because none of you guys let me post. It is fine for you to take no notice of something he says, but not to not even let me have a chance to say it, because he might act in a manner that forces a response.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: December 09, 2013, 03:46:56 AM »
Not my fault you're so anal about your posts man. That slows your shit down already, time zones or not.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: December 09, 2013, 03:55:43 AM »
It does, but that is not the problem here. The majority of the posts happened when I was either in bed or at work, I could not possibly have replied to them. And, then, by the time I did get a chance to reply there was so much to reply to that I simply can't reply quickly.

If the posts had stopped when everyone had only done one post each like they are meant to, I would have replied to Alice, ignored most of the rest and been done in about an hour, if that. But, because of all the stuff following it I'm finding it really hard to post.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: December 09, 2013, 03:58:05 AM »
Well, you can ignore most of the other posts. How else is someone supposed to react to an unwell-dressed samurai after she rams her head in the wall to sulk, other than with awkward and weird silence because they don't know that person?

Well, that and "what the fuck."

Mordalfus Grea

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: December 09, 2013, 05:24:21 AM »
Kusagari has shown himself to the jailees and is going to be moving one of them to their own cell which is right beside the one they are already in, he also flashed them his .357 Longarm Pistol and the Sora Katana as show of what is packing on him.

I am doing this as a means of gaining Ran's attention after all Kusagari is a skilled swordsman as well as a gunman, so who's to say she wouldn't be interested in a spar with Kusagari plus Lawrence would be able to have a glance at Kusagari's soul as well but remember Kusagari is the last of an entire clan and he carries the burden of being the last Kusagari with him always.
If you must address me as something, it is not MG! Please address me as Mord if you need to shorten my name

My Other Locations
http://gat-x139.deviantart.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/~mordalfusgrea

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: December 09, 2013, 05:56:37 AM »
Ran fought monsters with swords, not people. She did so for two full years with only a single human opponent.

So basically, I'm to say she isn't interested in comparing swordsmanship and sparring with other people.

Sorry dude, maybe next swordy character.

Edit: And staying in the same cell was part of the deal we had with Axe Cop, dude. U makin me cry

Mordalfus Grea

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: December 09, 2013, 06:14:36 AM »
Kusagari doesn't know this, if he did. I'd have him bring a mattress from another cell in their cell
If you must address me as something, it is not MG! Please address me as Mord if you need to shorten my name

My Other Locations
http://gat-x139.deviantart.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/~mordalfusgrea