Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310680 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #1950 on: December 10, 2013, 01:39:12 PM »
Context error, gates is not literal meaning but rather the Castle's defenses. It's poor wording on my part, it happens from time to time.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: December 10, 2013, 01:41:41 PM »
Wow, more shit he didn't post in the ACTUAL FUCKING RP.

If that is true, then there is still the issue of scale, rooms, size of the building and all this other fucking shit.

Put short the castle is a freaking monument of bullshit that somehow slipped into this RP.

Context error, gates is not literal meaning but rather the Castle's defenses. It's poor wording on my part, it happens from time to time.

...Riiiiiiiight. Let's say I for the sake of argument accept this.

This still leaves the scale problems, size problems, ease of defense problems, and the fucking bullshit you've pulled multiple times with this building.

Since I don't accept this, you're lying out of your teeth and trying to cover your ass.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: December 10, 2013, 01:54:20 PM »
Arch, you have no evidence that Lantz is lying. You are just assuming it because you can't believe he's capable of miscommunicating it, which, frankly, seems like a bizarre assumption given past evidence.

Despite what you might think, people don't always get things perfectly worked-out in their mind immediately, or articulate that perfectly first time around. I know my characters are still developing somewhat in my mind, because I have never written them before now. And, further, I also know that I overlook things that my character would remember, because they happened ICly a few hours ago but OOCly months ago.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: December 10, 2013, 01:57:07 PM »
Arch, you have no evidence that Lantz is lying. You are just assuming it because you can't believe he's capable of miscommunicating it which frankly seems like a bizarre assumption given past evidence.

Despite what you might think, people don't always get things perfectly worked-out in their mind immediately, or articulate that perfectly first time around. I know my characters are still developing somewhat in my mind, because I have never written them before now. And, further, I also know that I overlook things that my character would remember, because they happened ICly a few hours ago but OOCly months ago.
Even in that case all this still applies, as this castle is a bullshit testiment to a single Sue, and there's no indication of miscommunication. I know that lantz can miscommunicate, I do it myself occasionally, but I can't believe in this case that miscommunication could lead to such blatant retcons, bullshit, asspulls and dickery. Oh, and Mary Sue wishfulfillment.

For that matter, Lantz's actions within the RP have been less than stellar, often glorious mary sue glory hogging attempts along with asspulls galore. He seems to give not a single fuck about any characters other than his own or their desires, then expects to be accommodated by the other players in having his characters be front in center in everything after IC'ly insulting them. This is the sort of behavior that kills RP's. The fact that his characters are pretty blatant fucking sues compounds this (I ran Satoshi through the Mary Sue limitus test, after reading all the rules, information, and everything I could on him. He scored a fucking 89. An 89. The sue threshold is roughly 50 points. There is no excuse for that, especially in a fanfiction character that acts the way he does. Satoshi is such a fucking blatant sue it actually slightly hurts.)

Lantz also refuses to take criticism for any of his actions, accept responsibility, act like a fucking adult, and considers any pointing out that his characters are horrible horrible people and sues to be an attack on him personally, even when it isn't.

Mike, I know you like Lantz because he stuck up for you on BL, but that's no indication of his being a quality writer of any fashion.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 02:05:39 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: December 10, 2013, 02:05:04 PM »
Moving on, Mike post when you can, don't stress too much Angra can wait.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: December 10, 2013, 02:06:37 PM »
Moving on, Mike post when you can, don't stress too much Angra can wait.
Oh no no no. We are NOT moving on until you fucking acknowledge all the bullshit you're throwing out, and how fucking blatantly Mary Sue your entire roster of Characters are.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: December 10, 2013, 02:24:55 PM »
Arch, you can't force Lantz to agree with your assessment of his characters. If you decide not to RP with him I guess that's your choice, but I fully intend to continue as normal.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: December 10, 2013, 02:29:29 PM »
Arch, you can't force Lantz to agree with your assessment of his characters. If you decide not to RP with him I guess that's your choice, but I fully intend to continue as normal.
Of course he won't agree, Dunning Kruger effect and all that psychological bullshit, but Mike - it'd be out of character for my characters not to interact with his, especially when there's a FUCKING CASTLE JUST SUMMONED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CITY.

As is Satoshi is beyond a fucking sue, he's a black hole of suedom that other sues aspire to become but can never reach. The very way lantz writes him just pisses me the fuck off.

And let's not get me started on Sakura, Uber-bitch.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: December 10, 2013, 02:33:58 PM »
Anyways, Names go ahead and kick the door in, just remember it's two doors barred on the inside by a steel door bar.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: December 10, 2013, 02:35:35 PM »
Of course he won't agree, Dunning Kruger effect and all that psychological bullshit, but Mike - it'd be out of character for my characters not to interact with his, especially when there's a FUCKING CASTLE JUST SUMMONED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CITY.

Then deal with it. You can't force Lantz to change his characters to suit your opinions.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: December 10, 2013, 02:39:29 PM »
Then deal with it. You can't force Lantz to change his characters to suit your opinions.
Oh, this is how I deal with it, by pointing out what horrible fucking characters they are on nearly every level. Honestly, Mike, defending him on this point is not a smart thing to do. You're better than that Mike.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: December 10, 2013, 02:48:38 PM »
You're being a dick to my friend, so it is absolutely right that I should defend him. I also don't actually agree with your assessment, hence why I am OK RPing with him.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: December 10, 2013, 02:59:20 PM »
You're being a dick to my friend, so it is absolutely right that I should defend him. I also don't actually agree with your assessment, hence why I am OK RPing with him.
Congrats, you're missing the obvious. Slow clap for Mike everyone, he's missing the blatant fucking sue under his nose.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: December 10, 2013, 03:02:15 PM »
Frankly, the Mary Sue Litmus test is just an excuse for people to try to force their idea of how fanfics should work (OCs are absent or unimportant) on everyone else. I couldn't care less if Toshi fails it, frankly, because it's a dumb test made based on one person's opinion.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: December 10, 2013, 03:04:14 PM »
Mike stop, Arch's attempts at bullying, abuse and what clearly seems like an attempt to isolate my characters so I quit (yet another form of bullying) should not be replied to.