Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310459 times)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #1980 on: December 10, 2013, 07:08:08 PM »
It's not easy not to hit Lantz at the same time over that fact. He takes every criticism (Which is deserved BTW) of any of his characters as a personal attack, a stupid, silly, and juvenile behavior indicative of a very poor author, particularly among those who write Mary Sues as Lantz does.

Put short in Lantz's mind, any and all expressions of dislike of the character is dislike to the author, which is not the case though if he continues to do this will end in genuine hate.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 07:09:13 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: December 10, 2013, 07:11:44 PM »
Magos, the reason he takes your criticism as personal is because of how you say it. You're always rude and nasty about it, far more than I was even at my worst, and I know from bitter experience that people don't take that sort of thing at-all well.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: December 10, 2013, 07:14:19 PM »
Maybe Lantz should visit /b/ sometime then, and learn how to take some criticism.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: December 10, 2013, 07:22:06 PM »
Yeah, I don't visit /b/, because honestly I don't really fancy dealing with their shit. This forum is not /b/ and I do not wish for it to become /b/. We already have a FSN imageboard if you want to go and flame people with impunity.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: December 10, 2013, 07:29:44 PM »
Yeah, I don't visit /b/, because honestly I don't really fancy dealing with their shit. This forum is not /b/ and I do not wish for it to become /b/. We already have a FSN imageboard if you want to go and flame people with impunity.
I am honestly too tired at the moment to explain much beyond this: if Lantz wants a hugbox he should go to FFN. If he wants real honest if somewhat pithy critique, then here is the place. Another thing- if your target audience thinks it is shit, you need to go back to the drawing board.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: December 10, 2013, 07:32:03 PM »
No, see, you don't get to unilaterally define what the culture of the forum should be. I don't mind you being criticial, but I do mind you hounding members over and over and being extremely abusive towards them because you don't like their writing. Just because you don't like what Lantz writes it does not mean he has to throw it away and start again.

And, Lantz's "target audience" doesn't think his writing is shit. He still gets readers....

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: December 10, 2013, 07:46:11 PM »
You have no idea how my mind works Arch so seriously stop claiming you know anything about how I regard things.

you are not the fandom standard, you can complain all you like but I will never listen to you. I know what actual criticism is, you don't give it.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: December 10, 2013, 08:12:24 PM »
OK, guys, let's cool it down in here. We've had enough drama in here to last seven lifetimes, we don't need even more of it in here. Magos, calm down.

Also, I think you went a bit too far with this bit:

>WAAA ATTACKING MY CHARACTERS IS THE SAME AS ATTACKING ME!!!
That's your fucking problem Lantz. Quit being a pussy little bitch and suck it the fuck up you limpdicked shitstain.

Expressing your opinion on how you think lantz needs to improve is one thing, and is fine even if you do need to tone down how you say it, but stuff like this quote's going a bridge too far, and I'd rather not have things start boiling down to name calling and insults. You're tired just like I am right now, get some rest and cool down for a bit.

Let's just settle down in here and get back on topic for now, OK?

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: December 10, 2013, 11:29:01 PM »
No, see, you don't get to unilaterally define what the culture of the forum should be. I don't mind you being criticial, but I do mind you hounding members over and over and being extremely abusive towards them because you don't like their writing. Just because you don't like what Lantz writes it does not mean he has to throw it away and start again.

And, Lantz's "target audience" doesn't think his writing is shit. He still gets readers....
Mike... It does. Did you see the BL threads? It's basically a unilateral cut stomp of lantz's fic by fucking EVERYONE. Even before he deleted the first thread to attempt to silence the critics, there was no one and I mean no one with a single damn good thing to say about it. It is like the Big Rigs Racing of the Nasu fandom, the Troll 3, the FATAL. Nobody had a single good thing to say.

And yes, if no one else will set the standards here Mike I fucking will.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: December 10, 2013, 11:58:16 PM »
No, Magos, you do not get to define standards for this forum (or any other forum for that matter) based on your own beliefs and harrass people who don't meet those standards until they stop writing. Everyone is entitled to post their work here, regardless of how high-quality you think it is (as long as it is genuine and not just a blatant troll fic).

I assure you that the moderation team is not going to allow you to enforce your will on the forum. If Lantz does not want to hear what you have to say he has the right to ignore you, and he also has the right not to be abused for doing so (or for any other reason) and the right not to be constantly harrassed because you don't agree with him on something. If you want him to listen then try actually being nice for once.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 12:00:16 AM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: December 11, 2013, 12:01:00 AM »
Ok, first I explained why I deleted that thread, so you can quit lying about that. You have no right to set the standard here nor are you correct about the threads on bl.

Furthermore it's been made clear that we should get back to the point of the thread and yet you aren't listening at all. Take a bloody hint.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: December 11, 2013, 12:07:10 AM »
No, Magos, you do not get to define standards for this forum (or any other forum for that matter) based on your own beliefs and harrass people who don't meet those standards until they stop writing. Everyone is entitled to post their work here, regardless of how high-quality you think it is (as long as it is genuine and not just a blatant troll fic).

I assure you that the moderation team is not going to allow you to enforce your will on the forum. If Lantz does not want to hear what you have to say he has the right to ignore you, and he also has the right not to be abused for doing so (or for any other reason) and the right not to be constantly harrassed because you don't agree with him on something. If you want him to listen then try actually being nice for once.
I did try being nice Mike. That didn't work. That never worked with Lantz. Ever. At all. In any way.

I also have the right to point out what a horrible shitty piece of fiction he produces, how Mary Sue all his fucking characters are, and in general how horrible a poster he is.

Ok, first I explained why I deleted that thread, so you can quit lying about that. You have no right to set the standard here nor are you correct about the threads on bl.

Furthermore it's been made clear that we should get back to the point of the thread and yet you aren't listening at all. Take a bloody hint.
...Then explain the time you deleted that one snippet three fucking times. There wasn't a single simple reason for that outside of 'silencing critics.' The two thread system wasn't necessary in BL. Basically Lantz, you aren't fooling me. I'm trying to keep you as fucking honest here as possible because I have a damn good reason to believe you're either lying or trying to bullshit us.

And yes, lets get back to the point, namely how Satoshi's about to get a door kicked in his face.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: December 11, 2013, 12:10:39 AM »
I did try being nice Mike. That didn't work. That never worked with Lantz. Ever. At all. In any way.

I honestly don't remember you ever being nice to Lantz.

I also have the right to point out what a horrible shitty piece of fiction he produces, how Mary Sue all his fucking characters are, and in general how horrible a poster he is.

No, you don't. Certainly not all the time, anyway, and definitely not when it is spamming a completely unrelated thread with the same damn argument 500 times.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: December 11, 2013, 12:15:34 AM »
He's never been nice so that's a lie.

the one shot I deleted twice because the third version had the correction that for whatever reason did not appear during the first repost.

in any case I'm not about to tolerate or accept your violent methods.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: December 11, 2013, 12:21:53 AM »
He's never been nice so that's a lie.

the one shot I deleted twice because the third version had the correction that for whatever reason did not appear during the first repost.

in any case I'm not about to tolerate or accept your violent methods.
...I have. I actually fucking have. I've been kind, I've been attempting to understand it.

And excuse me for doubting that explanation lantz.
But again, let's stop with this before I explode into a ball of rage shall we?