Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310331 times)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #2025 on: December 11, 2013, 06:57:36 AM »
Also, Satoshi's plan doesn't work. At all.

First, zoning laws don't matter, because HE STOLE PROPERTY FROM ITS LEGAL LANDLORD.  Second, I don't think zoning laws work that way.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: December 11, 2013, 07:06:02 AM »
Damn you boys all want some of the milkshake in my yard. I'll be making split posts for my next few, won't I?

One more and I'm going to bed. These demand too much EFFORT

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: December 11, 2013, 07:16:19 AM »
Fun fact: You don't actually need a warrant if you know for a fact that illegal stuff is going down, only when you suspect it but can't outright prove it 100%. As it is, there should be a bunch of normal cops around the building, and they could have told Inferno Cop that it was illegally erected.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: December 11, 2013, 07:18:30 AM »
And I totally brought up normal cops when IC got there, so they totally could have talked to him while he was banging the gate like a battering ram on cocaine. They just probably figured it was useless after knock #5376.

And btw that's called probable cause.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: December 11, 2013, 07:34:00 AM »
Oops wait, I forgot that Axe Cop and Gun Cop are currently right outside the jail bars until RPed otherwise, and Axe Cop only brought up night patrol and didn't go on it yet.

I'll let them have their turn (and get out) before I make my next post, lest I make them voyeurs.

SO GOOD NIGHT ALL

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: December 11, 2013, 07:38:51 AM »
Nooooooooo!

At least do Inferno Cop!

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: December 11, 2013, 07:41:13 AM »
I'm all about the split posting now Magos, I can never go back to the way I was.

It's all ogre.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: December 11, 2013, 08:25:42 AM »
...Also, the cops are away from the cells. Just remembered that.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: December 11, 2013, 12:28:24 PM »
You know, I kind-of want you guys to try to arrest my characters when Sakura gets there, because I'm pretty sure that they could trivially escape (you might be able to kill them if I allowed it, but I don't think you could hold them prisoner, and certainly not humanely).
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 12:29:51 PM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: December 11, 2013, 12:59:11 PM »
Satoshi doesn't have a plan, he doesn't care he just wants inferno cop to leave because he's not looking for a fight. If he comes to that then so be it.

personally I didn't join the RP for high stakes combat, I find it boring when put alongside character development. Especially because cross effects isn't a combat based game, further that fact means that what combat that happens should have real meaning behind it.

and in my opinion a fight with inferno cop and/or Raul would be pointless here the same as Lawrence's attack on Connor earlier.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: December 11, 2013, 04:35:42 PM »
...Also, the cops are away from the cells. Just remembered that.

No no man, they're still there. Kusagari flashed his wepons, Axe cop came up in his black cat suit and handed us donuts and coffee and talked about night patrol, and that was it. They ain't moved yet.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: December 11, 2013, 05:28:21 PM »
Alright more Downy explanation, he's using a summoning ritual and bringing it to overload. The ritual when casted (Which he's already done.) will continue to summon monsters at a rapid pace from the 3 conduit circles. They will continue such action until the mana in the area is completely depleted (About a day's time.) after such they will then begin a meltdown phase which creates an explosion similar to a nuclear bomb, complete with mana sucking and mana fallout that leaves nothing left in it's place.

The cause for such a devastating spell is quite simple, as Downy just wants to return to his own world yet he can't do that alone, he needs to create what is essentially a beacon loud enough for his true summoner to find him and then they can get back together.

Also to destroy the spell the 3 conduits must be destroyed first, destroying the main energy portal first (The one Downy's at.) will just cause the explosion anyway taking Downy and anybody in a large radius with it. (I'd say on a lever far greater to the bombs dropped in Japan.)

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: December 11, 2013, 05:48:42 PM »
No no man, they're still there. Kusagari flashed his wepons, Axe cop came up in his black cat suit and handed us donuts and coffee and talked about night patrol, and that was it. They ain't moved yet.

Quote from: Me
He turned back to Kusagari, leading the man away from the cells. "Speaking of questions, I'm going to need to get a handle on how much fighting knowledge you've got. I'll be leaving for night patrol in an hour or so, and that's plenty of time to see just what you've got in the realm of experience."

It's kind of implied that Axe Cop lead Kusagari away to another part of the station to teach him some stuff.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: December 11, 2013, 06:37:51 PM »
But he hasn't been stated to folloooooooowwwwwwww

We can't RP the man for him.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: December 11, 2013, 07:32:25 PM »
Alright more Downy explanation, he's using a summoning ritual and bringing it to overload. The ritual when casted (Which he's already done.) will continue to summon monsters at a rapid pace from the 3 conduit circles. They will continue such action until the mana in the area is completely depleted (About a day's time.) after such they will then begin a meltdown phase which creates an explosion similar to a nuclear bomb, complete with mana sucking and mana fallout that leaves nothing left in it's place.

The cause for such a devastating spell is quite simple, as Downy just wants to return to his own world yet he can't do that alone, he needs to create what is essentially a beacon loud enough for his true summoner to find him and then they can get back together.

Also to destroy the spell the 3 conduits must be destroyed first, destroying the main energy portal first (The one Downy's at.) will just cause the explosion anyway taking Downy and anybody in a large radius with it. (I'd say on a lever far greater to the bombs dropped in Japan.)
...Henderson has found his purpose in life once more.

Satoshi doesn't have a plan, he doesn't care he just wants inferno cop to leave because he's not looking for a fight. If he comes to that then so be it.

personally I didn't join the RP for high stakes combat, I find it boring when put alongside character development. Especially because cross effects isn't a combat based game, further that fact means that what combat that happens should have real meaning behind it.

and in my opinion a fight with inferno cop and/or Raul would be pointless here the same as Lawrence's attack on Connor earlier.
Oh it does have meaning behind it, especially for Raul and Inferno Cop - for Inferno it's punishing a law breaker, and for Raul it'd be his Descent on the line. Hell doesn't come easy. If there's an Angel, he can't go to Hell.

The only reason it'd be pointless is because you're not going t let your characters die for any reason.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 07:36:48 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »