Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310411 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #2085 on: December 11, 2013, 11:42:45 PM »
Well names, Satoshi would resist but only because Angra is making him

I never said that Arch, quit lying

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: December 11, 2013, 11:45:42 PM »
Well names, Satoshi would resist but only because Angra is making him

I never said that Arch, quit lying
Aaaaand I'll dig through it and point out that you pretty much said 'Oh, now Inferno Cop will ignore him.'

And you still didn't answer the question of 'Did you read Raul's sheet.'

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: December 11, 2013, 11:53:21 PM »
Arch, even I have no idea why he wouldn't sense the evil shit and I've read Raul's sheet like 5 times. Mind elaborating for the rest of us?

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: December 11, 2013, 11:56:21 PM »
Arch, even I have no idea why he wouldn't sense the evil shit and I've read Raul's sheet like 5 times. Mind elaborating for the rest of us?
First off, the power isn't in his sheet is it?

Second, who ever said demons worked like that...

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: December 12, 2013, 12:02:57 AM »
Oh right, he isn't anime, I keep forgetting. Sorry bro, but pretty much every anime character at least once has said something like "I can feel the evil that X exudes!" or "Dammit, that thing is making me shiver just be being near it!" so I kind of assumed it was a stock power everyone has. (Axe Cop has his antennas, so he gets it from there.)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: December 12, 2013, 12:05:46 AM »
No, I'm pointing out that it wouldn't be easy to arrest him even if they were OP. Because Lantz would refuse to allow Suetoshi to be arrested. Like he is now. It won't be easy for them to arrest them, but it shouldn't be impossible either, like you seem to be implying they are.

I never said it should be impossible, but I wouldn't expect Inferno Cop to be able to do it alone (although Rider will be a bit busy with Angra I think...).

And they aren't arbitrary or pointless laws; a majority of laws are put in place to protect the general populace.

They are when applied to people like Sakura and Rider, who are not normal people.

And yes I HAVE read FSN and the mindmemory thing is treated as being rather sketchy as shit. Which it should be. Fucking with someone's mind is akin to overwriting bits of who they are. It's not a power to pull out lightly, if at all. You're basically altering who they are.

It is treated as somewhat sketchy, yes, but it's also made abundantly clear that even good magi do it on a reasonably regular basis. The problem is that the only alternative is to kill the person in question, which is worse.

I doubt they would particularly like doing it, but they would rather do it than endanger someone's life, and they also put each other first, so if one of them is threatened and the only way to deal with that is mind-wiping the police or whoever then they will do so.

I find it funny that Mike brought up Inferno Cop's powerlevel as a cop and status as a joke character and how him beating up Satoshi (who is high on the nasuverse powerscale, I guess) would make him OP despite his universe's powerscale being far different and with him on top rather like some other characters in the RP like especially the bleach crowd, and yet...

Well, the thing is that this is only one universe right now, so the power level of the RP as a whole is what matters. Bringing in characters that are way above everyone else and cannot be stopped is a problem, particularly if they start enforcing their will on others.

We're not even fighting. The fact Inferno Cop is the strongest idiot (emphasis on this word) in nexus city and could wreck everyone if he grew a brain is not in play right now, and even if it is it's only on a hypothetical level. We haven't escalated to violence, Lantz hasn't made Satoshi start resisting arrest, Inferno Cop hasn't even brought up arrest, and Inferno Cop isn't going to shoot up everything nearby and kill everyone like he has in the past because a T-shirt salesman told him his shirts were "limitied edition".

This entire argument is jumping the gun like crazy.

Yeah, I guess.

I suppose I'm taking a longer-term view on this, and adding in my usual anarchistic approach to everything....

You acted in thread and blatantly said 'Oh he'll believe me, because he's a retard.'

That was Lantz's/Satoshi's opinion, though, not a statement of what actually will happen.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: December 12, 2013, 12:11:53 AM »
It was my statement of the action Satoshi would take mike. As I said inferno cop is free to not believe my characters

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: December 12, 2013, 12:37:37 AM »
Mike, here's the thing with the law - it applies to everyone. It doesn't matter if you're normal or not, the law is the fucking LAW. Quit going all anarchist all the time please and realize that if the magical FBI can arrest and charge supernaturals on the same basis as normal people, then your argument doesn't work. If VASCU can bring the law to beings, who according to your argument, are above the law, then the law applies to everyone.

And Inferno Cop can always call for back up.
Also this bit makes me laugh:
Well, the thing is that this is only one universe right now, so the power level of the RP as a whole is what matters. Bringing in characters that are way above everyone else and cannot be stopped is a problem, particularly if they start enforcing their will on others.
Because Suetoshi totally violates this.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: December 12, 2013, 12:42:42 AM »
Mike, here's the thing with the law - it applies to everyone. It doesn't matter if you're normal or not, the law is the fucking LAW. Quit going all anarchist all the time please and realize that if the magical FBI can arrest and charge supernaturals on the same basis as normal people, then your argument doesn't work. If VASCU can bring the law to beings, who according to your argument, are above the law, then the law applies to everyone.

Laws exist to protect people, though, at least in principle. If the law is not necessary to protect people then it should not exist. Supernatural beings are special cases that can do things a normal person cannot, so they do not need to be restricted in the same way in at least some situations.

Because Suetoshi totally violates this.

Well, Lantz isn't imposing his will on others, though. Also, he's not way above everyone else, Rider could probably defeat him if he didn't have a roof to collapse and I hadn't been aiming to lose the fight.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: December 12, 2013, 12:49:21 AM »
I'm not going to get into a philosophical shit in this, but Mike, that's blatantly wrong morally speaking.

Anyway, so are you two going to fuck again? Seriously?!

Also NACHOS POST PLEASE!

Edit: Also, Rider shouldn't be that hot and bothered for a being of pure evil that reminds her way too much of her time as the legendary monster. Just saying. Even if she's punishing her, it wouldn't be a sexual thing as much as "MUAHAHAHA SHOE ON THE OTHER FOOT BITCH" thing.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 12:57:35 AM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: December 12, 2013, 12:58:54 AM »
I'm not going to get into a philosophical shit in this, but Mike, that's blatantly wrong morally speaking.

No, it's not.

Laws exist only to protect people, therefore there is no sense in making someone who can react far faster than a normal human and drive far better follow normal human speed limits. Similarly, Shirou, Sakura etc. act to protect ordinary people from dangerous entities in a way that the normal police cannot, so it is stupid to enforce laws on them that reduce their chance to do so.

Anyway, so are you two going to fuck again? Seriously?!

It seems like it, lol.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: December 12, 2013, 01:11:27 AM »
Rider can beat him, especially in the case of his dark version.

and as for the sex, maybe yeah

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: December 12, 2013, 01:17:22 AM »
Rider can beat him, especially in the case of his dark version.

and as for the sex, maybe yeah
...What?

Dude, if he can beat Gilgamesh, has fucking magic, and all that jazz, then he shouldn't lose to Rider.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: December 12, 2013, 01:21:53 AM »
Situational combat, this is the truth of the nasuverse and every superhero book ever.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: December 12, 2013, 01:24:33 AM »
So, if Raul catches him off guard, he's fucked?