Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310376 times)

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #2160 on: December 13, 2013, 10:01:44 PM »
Grand theft has sent peeps to jail

also homeowners are scary sons of bitches, you'll want police protection from all the rabid housewives

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: December 13, 2013, 10:32:15 PM »
Grand theft has sent peeps to jail

also homeowners are scary sons of bitches, you'll want police protection from all the rabid housewives
Home owners associations give me nightmares.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: December 13, 2013, 11:56:04 PM »
The buildings were condemned, almost none of what inferno cop claims is applicable.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: December 13, 2013, 11:57:40 PM »
Lantz, even if the buildings are condemned, someone still owns the land they were standing on, and it ain't Toshi.

Personally I have no issue with what Toshi did whatsoever, but there's no way the cop is going to agree with that.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: December 14, 2013, 12:19:25 AM »
Lantz, it's only squatting when you use the actual building. And you haven't lived there long enough for Squatters Rights to apply anyway.

Also, poor Ryan, only two days left before retirement.

And thus Raul makes his grand entrance.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 12:34:21 AM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: December 14, 2013, 12:39:23 AM »
Hmm, I'm not sure you're really meant to just kill the Knights without Lantz having a chance to make them fight back, dodge etc., I think they count as his familiars and, thus, are under his control.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: December 14, 2013, 12:44:25 AM »
Hmm, I'm not sure you're really meant to just kill the Knights without Lantz having a chance to make them fight back, dodge etc., I think they count as his familiars and, thus, are under his control.
They're still NPC's, and I don't see how they could avoid anything moving faster than Suetoshi, or something that they can't see coming. Otherwise Lantz would have about 30 characters at the moment, which pretty much entirely violates the rules.

As such I'm treating him as an NPC.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: December 14, 2013, 12:48:09 AM »
Pretty much. This is why RAV is for all intents and purposes dead right now. Because she was a nameless NPC that I just happened to control, but she was still to be treated as an NPC. Otherwise, again, like Magos said, it'd be like controlling twenty characters at once. There's a few cases where you can get away with a technicality, like with Ruby, but in most cases, even if the NPC's being controlled by another player, they're still an NPC.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: December 14, 2013, 12:49:14 AM »
Satoshi could have prevented it Arch, post intent, not achievement of the goal. Please edit.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: December 14, 2013, 12:54:19 AM »
Satoshi could have prevented it Arch, post intent, not achievement of the goal. Please edit.
First - No, as Raul is just as fast, and has the drop on poor Ryan here.

Second -
Dude, this was my plan for Raul ANYWAY, to murder a guard and fly away figuring that he'd just ran into something outside God Machine control since it didn't fight back like an Angel uncovered should have. However, now IC he can't leave as Suetoshi is also an Angel, in Cover, and therefore easy pickings. Not your fault -wait, it kinda is since you were dictating all the castle shit.

Third - No because you can't boss me around like that Lantz.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: December 14, 2013, 12:57:45 AM »
They're still NPC's, and I don't see how they could avoid anything moving faster than Suetoshi, or something that they can't see coming. Otherwise Lantz would have about 30 characters at the moment, which pretty much entirely violates the rules.

As such I'm treating him as an NPC.

If they should be treated as NPCs, then so should Ruby be. Ruby is more sentient than they are.

I'm not saying they could dodge, mind, and they certainly don't get immunity to death, but Lantz should get a chance to react.

Pretty much. This is why RAV is for all intents and purposes dead right now. Because she was a nameless NPC that I just happened to control, but she was still to be treated as an NPC. Otherwise, again, like Magos said, it'd be like controlling twenty characters at once. There's a few cases where you can get away with a technicality, like with Ruby, but in most cases, even if the NPC's being controlled by another player, they're still an NPC.

I would say that Satoshi's Knights fall under the same category as Ruby or Kuro. They're not NPCs, they're sentient or semi-sentient entities that are bound to and sustained by an existing character and don't make sense away from that character.

It is somewhat unfair that a character whose abilities include summoning or creating other beings to fight for them gets nerfed because other players can just kill those entities without giving them a chance to act.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 12:59:36 AM by Cherry Lover »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: December 14, 2013, 01:00:31 AM »
Except that Satoshi, may I remind you, has 10k of these guys just waiting for the switch to be flipped.

It's blatantly unfair to the rest of us if he can have an invincible personal army Mike.

EDIT: For that matter, it'd make sense for a Summoner as they generally can't fight on their own, and need to rely on summons to do their dirty work for them.

Suetoshi doesn't.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 01:02:31 AM by Arch-Magos Winter »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: December 14, 2013, 01:02:38 AM »
Ok fine, Ryan just won't turn out to have been killed, it's my only recourse here since you plan on ignoring my right to react arch. As for Satoshi being some angel thing it's far less justified then with Lawrence so I won't believe your excuse for Raul sticking around.

names make your post please I want this utter waste of an event over with asap

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: December 14, 2013, 01:05:45 AM »
Except that Satoshi, may I remind you, has 10k of these guys just waiting for the switch to be flipped.

It's blatantly unfair to the rest of us if he can have an invincible personal army Mike.

That is an issue of Toshi's power, not an issue of the control of his Knights. The Knights are Satoshi's creations and are completely loyal to him. It makes no sense for anyone but Lantz to control them.

Also, the army is no more invincible if Lantz controls it than if you do. You just have to let him respond in a reasonable manner to your actions.

EDIT: For that matter, it'd make sense for a Summoner as they generally can't fight on their own, and need to rely on summons to do their dirty work for them.

Suetoshi doesn't.

That's totally untrue in the context of the Nasuverse. For example, Sakura fights with familiars and also uses other magic.

Ok fine, Ryan just won't turn out to have been killed, it's my only recourse here since you plan on ignoring my right to react arch. As for Satoshi being some angel thing it's far less justified then with Lawrence so I won't believe your excuse for Raul sticking around.

Honestly, I think right now we need to wait for Elf to make a GM ruling. You can't just ignore Magos' actions, but nor can he unilaterally decree that he can control your familiars without Elf approving that.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: December 14, 2013, 01:08:07 AM »

...Dude. Did you actually read Raul's in character posts?

This is some spy thriller shit he's involved in - And Satoshi happened to do something that he associated with the God-Machine, which was raising a giant fucking castle in the middle of the city within a few hours. The Knight looks like an Angel, out of cover, so Suetoshi, who exits the castle, looks like he's an Angel in Cover, as the building he exited was suspected Infrastructure. Hence, Raul believes he's an Angel in Cover, the Knight was going to grab other Angels, and Suetoshi is a piss easy target.

All this information was in my posts.

EDIT: Also, Mike, the problem is that Lantz would have just had him dodge or avoid it no matter what I do, despite Raul not only having the advantage of surprise, but also speed, agility and skill. Why? Because Lantz is like that. That's why. Just look at the little hissy fit he's throwing here.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 01:10:35 AM by Arch-Magos Winter »