Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310324 times)

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #2220 on: December 14, 2013, 06:55:17 AM »
So Bloble about that shota, who exactly did you have in mind?

You'll have to wait for my response because heading off. Good night people!

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: December 14, 2013, 06:59:17 AM »
Good night! :D

Also, as a general reminder, let's try and keep it chill in here people. Though that's mostly aimed at a certain two to three people. You know who you are.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: December 14, 2013, 07:02:34 AM »

Ever played Monster Girl Quest?

The MC is basically a 16-18 year old who looks 14 at best and saves the world even though every bad end is just him getting raped for eternity by monster girls. It's a pretty good game, and he's a pretty good protagonist.

He's also really easy to boss around, relatively strong without being overpowered, can provide you with a steady source of fire, and has enough depth to carry on a serious conversation about IDEALS while participating in stupid gags the next second.

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2223 on: December 14, 2013, 08:04:18 AM »
Welp, I guess Downey will find himself with another uninvited guest. And one that won't respond very kindly to him.
I need sleep.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: December 14, 2013, 09:01:51 AM »
The Rider arm is a device created by Tohsaka Rin in an experiment to reverse engineer the kaldo stick. It gives the wearer (once used to transform) the powers of a masked (Kamen) Rider.

It can be used by anyone with a magic circuit however it must be calibrated to a specific person to do so and is complicated to change. At default the armament is formed,as the classic and inconspicuous belt. It has been in Satoshi's possession for two millennia and as such it is calibrated to his factors.

Each person who changes will gain different abilities from it but they will always transform into an armored warrior with martial arts skill and a sense of justice (this sense is not always pure, it's taken from the user's own sense of what is just)

In Satoshi's case he becomes Rider Crimson with a dual mode and several weapons and as with all Riders an awesome matching bike

Satoshi and others will find themselves with only a few skills they previously they had available.

Satoshi retains his healing factor, his dragon flame and his martial arts skills but loses the rest.

Rider crimson has two modes, a large armoured form which makes Satoshi's already strong defense five times stronger than normal. And a smaller sleeker form which increases his speed by the same times five. These modifiers simply advance the rider they do not trade off speed for defense or vice versa.

The Armoured mode is equipped with two blasters as it's weapons, while by no means slow it's founded on the idea of turret fire to defeat enemies.

Speed mode, the speed mode is a close combat single attacker based mode. It possesses a dual blade sword (both on the same side of the hilt) which splits into two swords.

Special attacks

Justice blazer, this move uses the twin blasters on a single target to strike every point on the body simultaneously destroying the target.

Noonday justice, this attack uses both blasters to strike a single point creating a massive often fatal wound.

Justice hurricane, an attack which uses the dual swords at high speed to obliterate the target

Justice division, an attack using the dual sword's single form to destroy an opponent.

Burning crimson fist, the fist that destroys all evil. A Rider punch finisher which obliterates the opponent so long as they are evil, it does nothing to the innocent

Fire wheel strike, a Rider kick style full roundhouse which destroys the target

Twin mask, a special finisher which uses every single attack previous by manifesting both modes as separate fighters. Powerful but causes an overload and locking the belt up after the attack finishes which causes Satoshi to lose his transformed state and be unable to resume until the belt is unlocked.

Every user gains two full ranks in their stats regardless of who once transformed.

to explain it since it's going to be used in this fight

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: December 14, 2013, 02:31:45 PM »

Ever played Monster Girl Quest?

The MC is basically a 16-18 year old who looks 14 at best and saves the world even though every bad end is just him getting raped for eternity by monster girls. It's a pretty good game, and he's a pretty good protagonist.

He's also really easy to boss around, relatively strong without being overpowered, can provide you with a steady source of fire, and has enough depth to carry on a serious conversation about IDEALS while participating in stupid gags the next second.

I never can quite find the free bandwidth to download that game, despite how hilarious I've heard it is; I would have played it otherwise.

So at least I'm familiar with the premise and... that does sound fun enough. She's certainly a monster woman even if she doesn't look it.

---

@lantz: No offense, but that is a really complicated and overly involved magical item.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 03:54:09 PM by Aiden »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: December 14, 2013, 04:08:25 PM »
@lantz: No offense, but that is a really complicated and overly involved magical item.

Yeah, well, Magos isn't giving him any other choice, because if he attempts to use his knights to fight Magos will just have them all drop like a bitch with no reaction....

That's the problem with this, the way that knight acted (or, rather, didn't act) is OOC, because Magos doesn't understand or care about the knight's characterisation or design. It should have had a chance to actually do stuff, even if the stuff was just go "what the fuck? *blargh*"....
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 04:11:24 PM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: December 14, 2013, 04:19:56 PM »
It's a reference to the Toku stuff Aiden, I don't care that its complicated.

and yes I am aware that all of Satoshi's stats are EX after transforming. Arch wants a fight then he gets one.

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: December 14, 2013, 04:41:14 PM »
I never can quite find the free bandwidth to download that game, despite how hilarious I've heard it is; I would have played it otherwise.

So at least I'm familiar with the premise and... that does sound fun enough. She's certainly a monster woman even if she doesn't look it.

Great! Now to get the sheet approved...

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: December 14, 2013, 04:45:12 PM »

Great! Now to get the sheet approved...

Now to pull myself away from Skyrim long enough to throw her into an alley somewhere.

---

And first post, up.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 05:16:41 PM by Aiden »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: December 14, 2013, 05:19:56 PM »

Yeah, well, Magos isn't giving him any other choice, because if he attempts to use his knights to fight Magos will just have them all drop like a bitch with no reaction....

That's the problem with this, the way that knight acted (or, rather, didn't act) is OOC, because Magos doesn't understand or care about the knight's characterisation or design. It should have had a chance to actually do stuff, even if the stuff was just go "what the fuck? *blargh*"....
I don't know... the problem here isn't that he's using a power for extreme measures, the problem is that the power itself is needlessly complicated and a bit much, plus potentially OP when used with Toshi. Plus Toshi's OP as is, he doesn't need an elaborate magical weapon that's taken from an entirely different series's canon's universe. It's not the base principle of Toshi pulling out a more powerful weapon to deal with a strong enemy so much as the execution of said more powerful weapon.

Plus I'm not really seeing what Magos is doing has to do with the problems with the weapon. The problems of the Kamen Rider bracelet thingie have nothing to do with the present situation, those problems would be present regardless of whether Raul is murdering lantz's red shirt knights or not.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: December 14, 2013, 05:21:52 PM »
Yeah, I'm not complaining about you pulling out a weapon and fighting back. That's cool, it makes sense. I'm just complaining that the weapon could do to be a bit more straightforward in its usefulness. This is a case of more details not equaling better writing.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 05:31:59 PM by Aiden »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: December 14, 2013, 05:30:36 PM »
Sword? What are you talking about? Did I miss something?

and Alice I'm being very detailed because Elf asked me to.

and given what he loses he's no more powerful overall then before. And zel created a magic girl stick, the creation of a transformation belt really isn't out of the question
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 05:33:33 PM by lantzblades »

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: December 14, 2013, 05:32:32 PM »
A mistake in the post, lantz. Fixed it now.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: December 14, 2013, 05:35:30 PM »
Ok Aiden well I'm not about to discuss the weapon's details since I don't understand how you guys see it as wrong. I feel that there's just going to be miscommunications if I try