Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310351 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #2250 on: December 14, 2013, 07:48:18 PM »
Inventing is not about absolute success Kaiza. She made the belt when trying to do something else. The result is related but not the objective.

Kabuto doesn't actually trade stats between forms nor do certain other Kamen Riders. Further he's not 100% Kamen Rider, the name Crimson should have given it away as colours are indicative of a team of sentai.

this would be a lot easier if I didn't always feel like a god damn target

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: December 14, 2013, 07:57:04 PM »
As for you Alice I explained Rin but the rest of your statement is just nonsense to me, I don't understand what you are asking

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2252 on: December 14, 2013, 07:59:45 PM »
Inventing is not about absolute success Kaiza. She made the belt when trying to do something else. The result is related but not the objective.

Kabuto doesn't actually trade stats between forms nor do certain other Kamen Riders. Further he's not 100% Kamen Rider, the name Crimson should have given it away as colours are indicative of a team of sentai.
So, she managed to create a device with a completely different function (thus...not related) to what she was trying to create. I know accidents can lead to new stuff, but in this case it's a bit stretching it.

As for the Rider Title, that is a personal nit-pick, don't focus on that one.

And Kabuto does trade stats between Masked and Rider forms. Masked is more on the defensive side, with less offensive capabilities and is somewhat slower. Rider is faster and more on the offensive. Which makes sense, since one is based on a pupa, the other on the beetle.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: December 14, 2013, 08:13:05 PM »
I'm already approved. Look I'm all for discussion but kaiza you and Alice aren't communicating very well. It seriously comes off as if you guys are just trying to undermine me despite my best attempts at trying to meet you guys half way.

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2254 on: December 14, 2013, 08:15:53 PM »
This info wasn't on the sheet that was approved, though...

And I'm saying the device's origins are a bit stretching it (both Rin being able to reverse-engineer the Kaleidostick, to being able to create something entirely different to what she was trying to accomplish).

Plus, the power trade off does happen in Kamen Rider. Often, the exceptions are their most powerful forms, but those are meant to be that powerful to beat the final enemy.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 08:26:50 PM by KAIZA »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: December 14, 2013, 08:18:27 PM »
I explained it to elf in full to which she said, you should put this up in the discussion thread

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2256 on: December 14, 2013, 08:26:30 PM »
I edited my post above, trying to be a bit more clear on what I meant.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: December 14, 2013, 08:35:04 PM »
It's not a stage one hero, it is the strongest version and to be clear the forms detailed are not about armour and speed, they are specifically designed to defeat an enemy type. Crowds and looks in the armored state and bosses in the speed form. That's why there's a lack of stat loss. The lack of loss specifically refers to the stats of the character, not their optimal performance.

Rin is smart enough and to be clear we aren't talking about the teenage version.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: December 14, 2013, 08:37:50 PM »
I'm already approved. Look I'm all for discussion but kaiza you and Alice aren't communicating very well. It seriously comes off as if you guys are just trying to undermine me despite my best attempts at trying to meet you guys half way.

I'm not sure how they come across as trying to "undermine" you, they just have legitimate questions about the concept. And, this is an RP, they are entitled to be worried if you make a character that appears too powerful or nonsensical.

I think mis-communication is definitely happening, though, although honestly it is coming from both sides.

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2259 on: December 14, 2013, 08:58:21 PM »
It's not a stage one hero, it is the strongest version and to be clear the forms detailed are not about armour and speed, they are specifically designed to defeat an enemy type. Crowds and looks in the armored state and bosses in the speed form. That's why there's a lack of stat loss. The lack of loss specifically refers to the stats of the character, not their optimal performance.

Rin is smart enough and to be clear we aren't talking about the teenage version.
I really can't take the Arm seriously in this context, to be honest. And there has to be a difference in stats other than growth, because otherwise they're not "forms", they're "boosts"; there's no balance.

And, you missed my point; the result is still completely unrelated to what she was trying. Plus if she's smart enough, whatever the result would have been closer to what she was attempting, not go in a completely different tangent.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 09:00:43 PM by KAIZA »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: December 14, 2013, 09:07:10 PM »
If I nerf the item then it becomes useless in anyone's hands but Satoshi's and having other people use it is part of the point it gives

as for Rin she's forty nine and has the second magic, I think she's in range of her objective.

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2261 on: December 14, 2013, 09:17:40 PM »
If I nerf the item then it becomes useless in anyone's hands but Satoshi's and having other people use it is part of the point it gives

as for Rin she's forty nine and has the second magic, I think she's in range of her objective.
Why would nerfing it change its usefulness for others? It would still boost anyone who uses it; the trade off just balances it (because otherwise, what's the point of different forms).

Also, you're not helping your case. If Rin has the second magic, why would she need to reverse-engineer Ruby? She could even make her own Kaleidostick if she's that knowledgeable. In fact, if she knows that much of her field, why would she fail to create what she wanted and end up creating something completely different? Remember, her objective was "reverse-engineer the Kaleidostick", not "create Rider Arm".
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 09:23:39 PM by KAIZA »

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: December 14, 2013, 09:45:24 PM »
Keeps on spinning, there's no beginning

There's no end, wheel of time...

Just to say one little thing, Lantz, you're not being targeted. It's your stuff people find iffy and tilt their heads at, not you. and they're not trying to undermine you, they're just trying to make sense of it, while pointing out when it doesn't.

Seriously, no one wakes up in the morning wondering in which way they can screw with you today.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: December 14, 2013, 09:50:48 PM »
Names, my n'wah, you speak wisdom.

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: December 14, 2013, 10:55:38 PM »
Mike, it wouldn't get to the point of Axe commercial style lust, but Rider would feel an attraction and urge to molest Luka. Nothing uncontrollable, but a compulsion nonetheless. It's not something that prevents complicated relationships from forming, for example. As for rape... well, he's a masochist. Not to the point of blood and guts, but he's pretty much only turned on when it's against his will.