Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310391 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #2310 on: December 15, 2013, 08:58:56 AM »
Expect my next post after I post and get character seven approved. I didn't join the game for fights and I won't have my characters die like this.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: December 15, 2013, 09:07:39 AM »
Expect my next post after I post and get character seven approved. I didn't join the game for fights and I won't have my characters die like this.
Want to know what's really funny?

You invited all this shit on yourself. Raul would have bugged out if you hadn't have transformed, securing in his mind that Satoshi was an Angel, and destroying the building ended up also indicating this was a trap. For that matter, Satoshi doesn't have any defense against suddenly being trapped in a prison for all eternity, everyone now hating him, or basically 99.9999% of the shit Raul can now do. This is why Going Loud was an absolute last resort, and one that you unintentionally triggered, because it raises the attentions of the God-Machine at the cost of making it entirely sure that the Demon can destroy, manipulate, or otherwise neutralize whatever obstacle he faces now.

Satoshi is dead. Full stop. He woke the sleeping giant, now he needs to face the consequences.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: December 15, 2013, 09:09:24 AM »
No, rule is my characters die with my say, you forced this fight on me, they aren't dying.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: December 15, 2013, 09:13:22 AM »
Except it's not technically death. Plus in cases like this it's Elf that gets the last word. If she deems a case an exception to the rule because it's unavoidable, then the character dies or is trapped, plain and simple.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: December 15, 2013, 09:15:04 AM »
To Kaiza: So you want me to go ahead and respond to your action on the roof?

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: December 15, 2013, 09:15:36 AM »
No, Lantz. You entirely invited this fight, due to your own actions. I'm not metagaming with Raul just so you can keep a character around, you made your own bed with every single one of your actions that Satoshi did, your own descriptions of the castle, and your own attitude on all of this.

Really, Lantz. You had this one coming.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: December 15, 2013, 09:20:31 AM »
Sorry but I refuse to be killed because arch is targeting me. Elf for fucks sakes do something about this horseshit. Forcing my characters to die is clearly against the god damn rules

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: December 15, 2013, 09:22:52 AM »
I just said it's Elf's call. However, she may sanction this instance, but we should at least wait for an official confirmation from her on that front. But Arch can't do that to Toshi without her go ahead, so you're safe until she makes her ruling.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: December 15, 2013, 09:24:42 AM »
Nah, there's a rule you forgot.

Rule fucking Zero. The GM is always right. And this isn't forcing your characters to die, this is your characters basically leaving no other option for the other character except to kill you, and that character having the power to succeed at this task without question. And no, I'm not targeting you. Your paranoid delusions are rather adorable. I am acting completely in character. Having Raul do anything different would be out of character, and something that I refuse to budge on. Basically, if Elf says Satoshi gets killed by a fucking unicorn riding a unicycle, he died. Same situation here.

Now excuse me, I've also got a final coming up, one I desperately need to pass. I need sleep so I can study my ass off tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 09:26:03 AM by Arch-Magos Winter »

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2319 on: December 15, 2013, 09:30:05 AM »
To Kaiza: So you want me to go ahead and respond to your action on the roof?
I should be asleep, but...eh.
Sure, go ahead. I think Elf also had a character there calling out to you. Anyone else?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 09:33:42 AM by KAIZA »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: December 15, 2013, 09:31:49 AM »
We shouldn't need a ruling and my characters have hurt no one, I have the right to play as well Alice and the hatred I'm getting is still unfair, I've done nothing to justify my characters dying. I have the right to play and I won't have that simply taken away.

arch is blood hungry and in and out of game he's just targeting me.

elf seriously this act of god shit is unfair, I have the right to escape at the least

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: December 15, 2013, 09:44:27 AM »
We shouldn't need a ruling and my characters have hurt no one, I have the right to play as well Alice and the hatred I'm getting is still unfair, I've done nothing to justify my characters dying. I have the right to play and I won't have that simply taken away.

arch is blood hungry and in and out of game he's just targeting me.

elf seriously this act of god shit is unfair, I have the right to escape at the least
No, you have the privilege to play in a GM's game. She makes the rules. She's the one running all this. For another thing, she authorized my going into Apeshit Demon mode if you went into Rider mode.

And your actions IC justify it from Raul's perspective, and he's more than capable of murdering half a city when Gone Loud. You. Do. Not. Fuck. With. Demons. You played chicken with an entity that is synonymous with power, evil, and the warping of fate. Turns out he's not stopping, and you can't either because you put up a wall behind yourself.

I've stated multiple times what my original intentions were, and your modifying of the castle and not telling us shit about it prevented that from happening. I couldn't ignore the Castle IC, because this stunk of God Machine involvement. The Angel (RIP Knight Ryan) running towards the castle couldn't be allowed to warn any others, and he therefore had to die. Satoshi transforming confirmed to Raul, that Satoshi was an Angel. Now, this could have ended in Raul just bugging out, if one more things hadn't happened - the Castle disappearing.

That basically made Raul go "Trap, no escape, fuck everything DIE ANGELS DIE DIE DIE."

So no, I'm not targeting you. Your own actions simply led to Raul obliterating Satoshi and the knights because there's no other rational way for him to act. It's as simple as that.

Edit: Lead not led god dammit, I'm going to bed now.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 09:50:04 AM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: December 15, 2013, 09:48:22 AM »
@KAIZA: y u no in bed, buddy?  :o And yup, Elf had Gabri up there too. :) So Gabriel and waifu murder bot, anti-magic team extraordinaire! :D

@lantz: We're not saying that Magos gets to do as he pleases. It's still Elf's call. Again, let's just wait for her.

KAIZA

• Best Oni
  • Administrator
  • NPC
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2323 on: December 15, 2013, 09:53:29 AM »
@KAIZA: y u no in bed, buddy?  :o And yup, Elf had Gabri up there too. :) So Gabriel and waifu murder bot, anti-magic team extraordinaire! :D
I HAVE NO IDEA. ;_;

Also, I think Magos wanted Old Man Henderson to go over there as well.

Bloble

• Chaotic Lawful
  • NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: December 15, 2013, 09:58:38 AM »
Arch, I won't pretend to understand the thought process of your character, but couldn't he have just ran away? With the castle gone, what was stopping him from withdrawing to investigate his opponent and plan for their next encounter? Isn't keeping his disguise important to him? I'd have at least explored other options before jumping straight to all out attack.