Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310400 times)

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #2325 on: December 15, 2013, 10:09:34 AM »
I accept that you don't think he should get to do whatever Alice but do listen to what I'm saying. I want to have character development, you may not like my characters but if they die then I never get to show that they are more then the first impressions. They are deeper and I have the right to show it. Forcing my characters to die without meaning is a waste. Satoshi may be strong but he has never used that strength, he has not hurt anyone's characters. He didn't call Raul out, and draw him to the castle. He's not picking fights, he doesn't deserve to be forcibly removed from the game because Arch hates me.

Further he's not as strong as you think, I want to explain but Arch will clearly just force a situation where he has all the stuff to kill him and I. Won't sabotage myself like that

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: December 15, 2013, 02:13:30 PM »
Arch, I won't pretend to understand the thought process of your character, but couldn't he have just ran away? With the castle gone, what was stopping him from withdrawing to investigate his opponent and plan for their next encounter? Isn't keeping his disguise important to him? I'd have at least explored other options before jumping straight to all out attack.
He's suddenly surrounded. Without the castle there he's now facing all the knights, Rider, Alter, and Angra. That's what, 26 opponents that now just joined the fight? For that matter, it looks like that one angel in front of him can fly - and that's the only avenue for escape left for him. That's Raul's logic in this. It's important to him to keep his Cover, but in this case to him, it loks like he's now facing 27 Angels with no way out. Going Loud is the only response available because of this. To Raul, shit had just hit the fan at maximum velocity.

I accept that you don't think he should get to do whatever Alice but do listen to what I'm saying. I want to have character development, you may not like my characters but if they die then I never get to show that they are more then the first impressions. They are deeper and I have the right to show it. Forcing my characters to die without meaning is a waste. Satoshi may be strong but he has never used that strength, he has not hurt anyone's characters. He didn't call Raul out, and draw him to the castle. He's not picking fights, he doesn't deserve to be forcibly removed from the game because Arch hates me.

Further he's not as strong as you think, I want to explain but Arch will clearly just force a situation where he has all the stuff to kill him and I. Won't sabotage myself like that
While he didn't call him out in character, nothing Satoshi has done has indicated he's not part of the God-Machine to Raul, and this move he just did as explained above, is basically confirming all his suspicions, and leaving him with no other option. And no, as I've stated before, I do not hate you. All the things you just did though, well, they sorta arranged the perfect storm, as I've explained multiple times before this post. Honestly, Lantz. Stop with the entitlement complex, and wait for Elf.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 02:21:00 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: December 15, 2013, 02:24:00 PM »
Also, Lantz. Congrats. You lose. Raul went Loud. You just forced him to go Loud through your actions. Enjoy the rape train, because he has no brakes. Everything is now dead in this area, when the real Angels arrive. Enjoy your time limit before practically invincible beings arrive to fuck you for witnessing him going Loud, if you don't die in a second here.

Well, you are not killing my fucking character, and I doubt you are going to be allowed to kill Lantz's either.

Except it's not technically death. Plus in cases like this it's Elf that gets the last word. If she deems a case an exception to the rule because it's unavoidable, then the character dies or is trapped, plain and simple.

If she does that then the rule is completely meaningless, and I will be having Sakura when she turns up trap and eat every damn one of Magos' characters.

Arch, I won't pretend to understand the thought process of your character, but couldn't he have just ran away? With the castle gone, what was stopping him from withdrawing to investigate his opponent and plan for their next encounter? Isn't keeping his disguise important to him? I'd have at least explored other options before jumping straight to all out attack.

Yeah, but that wouldn't allow Magos to fuck the RP up for Lantz, would it?

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: December 15, 2013, 02:27:08 PM »
Jfc you guys are a dysfunctional little group.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: December 15, 2013, 02:33:53 PM »
Hey, not my fault that Lantz left me no recourse in character.

Also, Lantz. Congrats. You lose. Raul went Loud. You just forced him to go Loud through your actions. Enjoy the rape train, because he has no brakes. Everything is now dead in this area, when the real Angels arrive. Enjoy your time limit before practically invincible beings arrive to fuck you for witnessing him going Loud, if you don't die in a second here.

Well, you are not killing my fucking character, and I doubt you are going to be allowed to kill Lantz's either.

If she does that then the rule is completely meaningless, and I will be having Sakura when she turns up trap and eat every damn one of Magos' characters.

Yeah, but that wouldn't allow Magos to fuck the RP up for Lantz, would it?
Wow, Mike, overreaction. Rider can still run the hell away at this point. The Angels haven't arrived yet, and Satoshi is the priority target because with him dead, there aren't any fliers left... giving The Artist Formerly Known as Raul a chance to escape.

For that matter, Sakura wouldn't have a damn reason in character to do that. At all. That's called metagaming, and I'm sure Elf would GM smack you for that. I've also explained why this happened. It's entirely in character. There's no malice or anything else involved in this. Calm your mammary glands Mike.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: December 15, 2013, 02:34:58 PM »
Thanks mike that's basically the point I'm making, it's total garbage.

and unless nwod changed massively since I last checked angels don't give warnings or let people go.

oh and angra is gone if you bothered to read it Arch.

I expected a fight with Raul which is why I used the strongest weapon available, it's called spectacle. Instead we get a kamikaze attack garbage which forces me to withdraw. Or in arch's case demand Satoshi who has literally harm no one die

if you honestly didn't hate me arch you would participate in the spectacle you so insistently forced upon me.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: December 15, 2013, 02:38:53 PM »
Goodness gracious great balls of fire

Everything exploded after I went to bed.

#1)Way to completely ignore the guy yelling in your ear, Satoshi.

#2)Much overreacting, Raul. Can't he somehow sense that Inferno Cop is crazy powerful or something? And, I mean, he broke the 'god machine's' stuff. Ally?

#3)We're waiting for Elf on principle, but I get to act too, guys. And Inferno Cop can certainly enter a conflict like the one before him.

#4)No one gets to dictate how battles will go in an RP. Spectacle or slaughter, it's how it plays out IC that matters, not how you want it to OOC.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: December 15, 2013, 02:42:14 PM »
Welcome to my nightmare. And I'm kinda hoping things settle down soon, because this stuff doesn't tend to be the funnest to deal with as an Admin. It's not always like this, but things have been pretty heated lately. Again, I'm hoping these incidents will pretty much go away soon.

Also, to the three fighting, cool it down in here. Wait for Elf. And I'll say this until people get it, even if I have to resort to more extreme measures to get that point to sink in.

Also, again, I really recommend that anyone that isn't Toshi to run. Really recommend.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: December 15, 2013, 02:45:47 PM »
Eh? I did? Oh shit I did, sorry, I could swear Satoshi was supposed to tell inferno cop to get clear all her of justice type thing. I must have cut it in one edit and forgot to reinsert it.

I'll be plain Satoshi and Saber are escaping as long as they aren't forced to die I have an exit plan
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 02:50:00 PM by lantzblades »

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: December 15, 2013, 02:47:54 PM »
Welcome to my nightmare. And I'm kinda hoping things settle down soon, because this stuff doesn't tend to be the funnest to deal with as an Admin. It's not always like this, but things have been pretty heated lately. Again, I'm hoping these incidents will pretty much go away soon.

Also, to the three fighting, cool it down in here. Wait for Elf. And I'll say this until people get it, even if I have to resort to more extreme measures to get that point to sink in.

Also, again, I really recommend that anyone that isn't Toshi to run. Really recommend.

I think you might be a masochist. I'm just saying.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: December 15, 2013, 02:50:39 PM »
Wow, Mike, overreaction. Rider can still run the hell away at this point. The Angels haven't arrived yet, and Satoshi is the priority target because with him dead, there aren't any fliers left... giving The Artist Formerly Known as Raul a chance to escape.

Oh, isn't that fucking convenient.

And, I am not fucking "over-reacting". You are contriving to kill Lantz's character for doing nothing wrong, and Elf is backing it up.

For that matter, Sakura wouldn't have a damn reason in character to do that. At all. That's called metagaming, and I'm sure Elf would GM smack you for that. I've also explained why this happened. It's entirely in character. There's no malice or anything else involved in this. Calm your mammary glands Mike.

Bull fucking shit. I know damn well that you are intentionally targetting Lantz, you've told people that you are.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: December 15, 2013, 02:50:56 PM »
#2)Much overreacting, Raul. Can't he somehow sense that Inferno Cop is crazy powerful or something? And, I mean, he broke the 'god machine's' stuff. Ally?
The dude just did something that in Raul's eyes, only an angel or a demon could do - shed a cover. On top of that, he can't sense power. At all. So then, on top of this fact that the individual in front of him just went Angel, he killed the infrastructure within a second, revealing all the 'Angels' within. So yeah, Raul's now surrounded, this whole thing looks like a trap, and there isn't a single way out for him.

Well, technically, he COULD sense angels... in a five foot radius... if he'd spent the Aether ahead of time. Which he didn't, because this was such obvious god machine activity, why should he bother.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: December 15, 2013, 02:53:09 PM »
These are the kind of fuck-ups that make the difference between demons who last more than a few nights and demons who don't.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: December 15, 2013, 02:55:32 PM »
Exactly mike, I went into this thinking I'd give arch a chance and fight him cause he so insistent about it and my trust that it would be a fight immediately turned into thanks Lantz Satoshi is dead ha ha. I stated awhile ago I hate pointless death and a kamikaze attack is unbelievably pointless

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: December 15, 2013, 02:57:38 PM »
Yeah, the worst thing about this is that I think Elf deliberately set this up to happen. She approved the Rider arm only because she knew damn well it wouldn't work on Raul (because he's Chaotic Good) and it would give her an excuse to fuck you over.

Honestly, I think you really need to talk to Elf about this, because she has some issues with your RPing I think and you probably do need to sort them out....