Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310526 times)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #2340 on: December 15, 2013, 02:58:20 PM »
Exactly mike, I went into this thinking I'd give arch a chance and fight him cause he so insistent about it and my trust that it would be a fight immediately turned into thanks Lantz Satoshi is dead ha ha. I stated awhile ago I hate pointless death and a kamikaze attack is unbelievably pointless
So by your own admittance, you willingly entered into this? Then you have no right to complain because you saw his sheet. And then pulled the shit you just did.

And mike, once again, no in character reason for her to go after any of my characters.

I do advise for Rider to take that advice and run for the hills though.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: December 15, 2013, 03:00:26 PM »
Wow awesome

whatever arch

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: December 15, 2013, 03:02:39 PM »
Exactly mike, I went into this thinking I'd give arch a chance and fight him cause he so insistent about it and my trust that it would be a fight immediately turned into thanks Lantz Satoshi is dead ha ha. I stated awhile ago I hate pointless death and a kamikaze attack is unbelievably pointless
So by your own admittance, you willingly entered into this? Then you have no right to complain because you saw his sheet. And then pulled the shit you just did.

Your sheet very carefully hides his alignment, and he did not expect you to perform a suicidal attack in any case.

And mike, once again, no in character reason for her to go after any of my characters.

You killed Shirou's son. That's a reason. And Lawrence tried to attack Kiyoshi, and threatened to haunt him.

And, frankly, you have no real reason to go after Lantz, so you just keep bullshitting one up. I don't see why the hell I shouldn't do the same damn thing.

I do advise for Rider to take that advice and run for the hills though.

I ain't posting nothing until this pile of crap is resolved.

If Elf wants to go against her own rules despite me doing nothing wrong then that's her decision.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: December 15, 2013, 03:04:42 PM »
I really think the problem here is as follows:

1) Everyone taking things much too seriously.

2) Everyone taking things much too personally.

3) The social contract between players, and with players and their GM, is not firmly established. Basically what I'm saying is problems as they come up need to be honestly and straightforwardly addressed by the GM (or presented to the GM, if it's coming from the other end).

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: December 15, 2013, 03:07:47 PM »
Aiden being awesome here. :3 As your admin I really recommend listening to this man, he's talking a lot of sense here.

Also as your admin, this is the second time I'm saying this, calm down, stop arguing and wait for Elf. Things are way too heated in here. If I have to say this a third time, and I'm still ignored after that, I'm going to have to get more severe here guys, so cool it down.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: December 15, 2013, 03:07:59 PM »
The fist which destroys evil was used on zouken, even if it can't hurt Raul I never intended on using it, I was just being as detailed as possible because elf asked me too. Satoshi isn't a killer

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: December 15, 2013, 03:08:50 PM »

3) The social contract between players, and with players and their GM, is not firmly established. Basically what I'm saying is problems as they come up need to be honestly and straightforwardly addressed by the GM (or presented to the GM, if it's coming from the other end).

Well, as regards to 1) and 2), I think Lantz has good reason to take this seriously, since killing Toshi would wreck the RP for him, and I don't blame him for taking it personally when I know for certain that Magos is specifically targetting his characters, and has attacked him with clear intent to kill (and an expectation that it would succeed) multiple times already.

As regards 3), yeah, I think Elf has handled this badly. She clearly has issues with Lantz's RPing, but rather than openly addressing them she's just sanctioning Magos to smack him on her behalf, and in a game-wrecking manner (for Lantz anyway).

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: December 15, 2013, 03:10:16 PM »
Note - all Lawrence did was flip the kid off and insult him. There's no connection between any of my characters, so only Lawrence would conceivably be in Sakura's shit list, and there's no way she could know about the haunting. And even then, she's overreacting hardcore. Metagaming is something you shouldn't do Mike. And Raul will more likely than not be DEAD after this so she can't take revenge on him. Lantz basically set that one up himself, there's no OOC malice going on here. In character, he initiated, and then pulled the castle shit. There was no other option for Raul, In Character, to take.

I can tell you that Mike and Lantz are very very guilty of one and 2 here. And 3 does need to be firmly established.

Aiden being awesome here. :3 As your admin I really recommend listening to this man, he's talking a lot of sense here.

Also as your admin, this is the second time I'm saying this, calm down, stop arguing and wait for Elf. Things are way too heated in here. If I have to say this a third time, and I'm still ignored after that, I'm going to have to get more severe here guys, so cool it down.
Got it Alice.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: December 15, 2013, 03:13:06 PM »
Elf please reply to my pm when you read this, it is important

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: December 15, 2013, 03:14:27 PM »
Metagaming is something you shouldn't do Mike.

Oh, hi there pot....

And Raul will more likely than not be DEAD after this so she can't take revenge on him. Lantz basically set that one up himself, there's no OOC malice going on here. In character, he initiated, and then pulled the castle shit. There was no other option for Raul, In Character, to take.

Rubbish. You are quite clearly and obviously looking for excuses to shaft Lantz.

I can tell you that Mike and Lantz are very very guilty of one and 2 here. And 3 does need to be firmly established.

Yes, because your actions will ruin the RP for us if left to stand. You already ruined something that Lantz was planning with me by your OOC actions and approach (as opposed to IC actions, which would be fine, although some consideration would be nice) and now you intend to ruin the RP for Lantz and me totally by killing Toshi off.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 03:16:05 PM by Cherry Lover »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: December 15, 2013, 03:16:59 PM »
Fun fact, never metagamed. Lawrences shotgun blast on Connor - In Character. This whole thing? In Character. How does it feel to be wrong mike? And no, I'm not looking for opportunities, I'm simply reacting IN CHARACTER.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: December 15, 2013, 03:17:48 PM »
Magos, going to ask you nicely right now. Please stop posting on this subject at all until Elf arrives.

Well, as regards to 1) and 2), I think Lantz has good reason to take this seriously, since killing Toshi would wreck the RP for him, and I don't blame him for taking it personally when I know for certain that Magos is specifically targetting his characters, and has attacked him with clear intent to kill (and an expectation that it would succeed) multiple times already.

As regards 3), yeah, I think Elf has handled this badly. She clearly has issues with Lantz's RPing, but rather than openly addressing them she's just sanctioning Magos to smack him on her behalf, and in a game-wrecking manner (for Lantz anyway).

You could be right, but I would ask you to provide evidence of both accusations to Magos and Elf. In private, so we don't clutter the hell out of this thread anymore now that then nice Admin lady has asked for the arguing to stop.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: December 15, 2013, 03:20:28 PM »
Listen to the Aiden, for he says words of wisdom. Be good or Santa Nero won't bring you guys any presents this Christmas.

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: December 15, 2013, 03:21:22 PM »
OK, fine. It's probably not a great idea for me to wreck my own forum with continuous arguments....

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: December 15, 2013, 03:35:07 PM »
I think everyone just needs to chill.

I kinda know the right person to do that, but I must finish writing his origin story.

Oh, and hi there guys, will be joining in~
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts