Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310402 times)

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #2355 on: December 15, 2013, 03:38:04 PM »
Hullo, and welcome! :D

...Please excuse the mess, hopefully it'll get cleaned up soon. ^^"

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: December 15, 2013, 03:40:55 PM »
Hi.

And, yeah, I hope this gets sorted out reasonably and fairly, and without anyone getting shafted....

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: December 15, 2013, 03:46:02 PM »
Simply reacting to one thing because that might cause conflict later on.

Yeah, the worst thing about this is that I think Elf deliberately set this up to happen. She approved the Rider arm only because she knew damn well it wouldn't work on Raul (because he's Chaotic Good) and it would give her an excuse to fuck you over.

That's kinda bs because last time, Elf sided with Lantz and allowed Sakura/Connor to go through a shotgun blast at about close range without even a scratch while the attacker, Lawrence, got wounded. And remind me who allowed the car projection despite it being, according to pretty much everyone, impossible? So that bias issue looks like to me you trying to corner Elf into doing the opposite, because if she does what you don't want, well, it proves your point and makes her a GM who chose a side.

The GM is the one who writes the rules and, as such, has free reign over whether they apply or not in a given situation. If you're not ready to accept that, you might as well just not join the RP. If you have issues with the game master, talk about it in private. There is no reason to accuse someone in public. Especially when past experiences prove otherwise.

To sum it up, this behavior isn't needed. We already have enough issues around without it.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: December 15, 2013, 03:52:28 PM »
Welcome back, Daiki! :D

...We miss your characters, come back and post again, Hakuno and Archer await Ruu's response on baited breath ;_;

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: December 15, 2013, 03:53:06 PM »
Daiki we just got things to calm down stoooop.

But no you're actually right.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: December 15, 2013, 03:59:51 PM »
That's kinda bs because last time, Elf sided with Lantz and allowed Sakura/Connor to go through a shotgun blast at about close range without even a scratch while the attacker, Lawrence, got wounded. And remind me who allowed the car projection despite it being, according to pretty much everyone, impossible? So that bias issue looks like to me you trying to corner Elf into doing the opposite, because if she does what you don't want, well, it proves your point and makes her a GM who chose a side.

Because the rules of the RP specifically state that killing a character without the consent of the player is not allowed. Also, she only allowed there to be no wounds because Kiyoshi reacted to it to prevent it and Magos accepted that.

As for the car thing, she allowed that mainly for convenience. Rejecting it would have just made our lives more difficult and would have benefitted no-one.

The GM is the one who writes the rules and, as such, has free reign over whether they apply or not in a given situation. If you're not ready to accept that, you might as well just not join the RP. If you have issues with the game master, talk about it in private. There is no reason to accuse someone in public. Especially when past experiences prove otherwise.

To sum it up, this behavior isn't needed. We already have enough issues around without it.

The way she has acted here is deeply unfair, though. And, no, I will not just do it in private, because I know what happens when you bring up grievences in private. They get ignored and then you get banned and painted as the bad guy. After they air all their grievences publically anyway.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 04:01:09 PM by Cherry Lover »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: December 15, 2013, 04:02:38 PM »
The Word
The demon issues a short, simple command that must be followed. This Exploit does not allow simple mind control, however. The target responds on a metaphysical level. If the demon commands the target to “burn,” he will — he skin blisters and he drops to the ground in agony. Commanded to “sleep,” a  target will not awaken until the demon permits it. The command must be a single word, but in that single word is contained the simple, potent power of the God-Machine.

...I think I just did this unintentionally.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: December 15, 2013, 04:04:53 PM »
Oh dear, here we go.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: December 15, 2013, 04:07:10 PM »
Mike, she can't ban you from your own forum. Please don't drag your issues with BL into this matter.

In any case, there needs to be a lot more honesty, compromise and calm in equal measures here on both sides of this issue.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: December 15, 2013, 04:09:57 PM »
Mike, she can't ban you from your own forum. Please don't drag your issues with BL into this matter.

Yeah, I'm just saying that I am not and never will be a believer in the idea that grievances with people in authority (and, she is in authority in this RP even if not on the forum as a whole) should be aired privately. It just gives people an excuse to sweep them under the carpet.

In any case, there needs to be a lot more honesty, compromise and calm in equal measures here on both sides of this issue.

Yeah, unfortunately I'm not sure how that's going to happen here....

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: December 15, 2013, 04:11:25 PM »
OK, to nip this in the bud early before it gets bad in here again, wait for Elf. Just wait for Elf. Keep it chill in here.

Keep calm. Don't panic. Have your towel ready.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: December 15, 2013, 04:13:57 PM »
Keep calm. Don't panic. Have your towel ready.

I'm readying a cool arch-lich with a fabulous disposition, does this count?
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: December 15, 2013, 04:15:51 PM »
Yes, yes it does. :3

Daiki

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: December 15, 2013, 04:18:57 PM »
I'll try to post something soon, Alice. (Got plenty to catch up to)

Because the rules of the RP specifically state that killing a character without the consent of the player is not allowed. Also, she only allowed there to be no wounds because Kiyoshi reacted to it to prevent it and Magos accepted that.

As for the car thing, she allowed that mainly for convenience. Rejecting it would have just made our lives more difficult and would have benefitted no-one.

My point still stands. She didn't choose to side against Lantz. She could have allowed some wounds. She didn't.

So, I really have no idea where your accusation comes from.

The way she has acted here is deeply unfair, though.

How so? I remember her saying that the characters shot at should have been wounded. Is this where your issue lies?

And, no, I will not just do it in private, because I know what happens when you bring up grievences in private. They get ignored and then you get banned and painted as the bad guy. After they air all their grievences publically anyway.

I sincerely don't think you would get a ban for discussing with a GM about an RP issue. However, whether it's ignored or not is still her privilege as the game master.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: December 15, 2013, 04:23:01 PM »
Okay people just, stop.

Stop talking, stop posting in this thread, unless what you're going to post about has nothing to do with this argument right here.