Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310287 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #2460 on: December 16, 2013, 12:46:12 AM »
Er... Lantz.... theft is generally not something you pay a fine for.

I think in this case it is, since there isn't really much alternative. He's obviously not going to accept a long prison sentence, and the Nexus doesn't really seem to have a criminal justice system to impose one in any case....

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: December 16, 2013, 12:47:15 AM »
Bail and the cumulative total of fine amounts are decided by a judge, not by a sole officer.

It oh so happens that Inferno Cop knows a really good judge. He can get him on the phone asap. But proper procedure is a thing, and grand theft is not a civil charge and would involve a criminal trial. This is where bail comes in, one Satoshi can pay. He gets a trial date, he pays bail to the judge, he can wander in between trial sessions.

We'll make an RP scene out of it.

And really, for identification all Inferno Cop needs is a badge and a badge number, mostly if he's making an arrest on an active criminal. Which by technical accounts, he is.

...Which is all stuff I should be saying in the RP, I guess, though you ought to know this OOC as well.

And he has stolen land. And Mike, there is a normal police force as Elf said earlier, so there must be a criminal justice system as well.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: December 16, 2013, 12:48:12 AM »
Seriously Satoshi hasn't stolen anything. Everything he's done are things you get fines for

grand theft what exactly? He's occupying a place illegally that's a fine not theft
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 12:49:32 AM by lantzblades »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: December 16, 2013, 12:50:00 AM »
Seriously Satoshi hasn't stolen anything. Everything he's done are things you get fines for
No, he's stolen land. This is an actual thing. He's stolen someone else's property by building a structure on it without permission, and on top of that destroyed the previous one. It's also not to code.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: December 16, 2013, 12:54:47 AM »
No, he's stolen land. This is an actual thing. He's stolen someone else's property by building a structure on it without permission, and on top of that destroyed the previous one. It's also not to code.
Grand theft in this, specifically. He's stolen land by building on land that wasn't his.

The not to code thing is something else though, though also fineable.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: December 16, 2013, 01:06:18 AM »
It was abandoned and inferno knows that the original building is still there. It's not really grand theft when the only structure is unsound it's just better squatting. Neither is good, but the castle is a big tent really, ic saw it collapse in one go, generally anything that can be packed up that fast isn't considered a building

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: December 16, 2013, 01:09:06 AM »
He's still using the land illegally.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: December 16, 2013, 01:09:15 AM »
Bail and the cumulative total of fine amounts are decided by a judge, not by a sole officer.

It oh so happens that Inferno Cop knows a really good judge. He can get him on the phone asap. But proper procedure is a thing, and grand theft is not a civil charge and would involve a criminal trial. This is where bail comes in, one Satoshi can pay. He gets a trial date, he pays bail to the judge, he can wander in between trial sessions.

We'll make an RP scene out of it.

And really, for identification all Inferno Cop needs is a badge and a badge number, mostly if he's making an arrest on an active criminal. Which by technical accounts, he is.

...Which is all stuff I should be saying in the RP, I guess, though you ought to know this OOC as well.

And he has stolen land. And Mike, there is a normal police force as Elf said earlier, so there must be a criminal justice system as well.

Well, if he does get convicted and sent to prison Rider would happily bust him out if she gets sex for it. Assuming he can't just walk out himself, since I doubt that they have prisons capable of holding supernatural beings.

Although, given how long trials usually take I doubt we'll get around to it any time in the remotely near future.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 01:11:09 AM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: December 16, 2013, 01:11:22 AM »
In any case post names

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: December 16, 2013, 01:13:45 AM »
Well, if he does get convicted and sent to prison Rider would happily bust him out if she gets sex for it.

Although, given how long trials usually take I doubt we'll get around to it any time in the remotely near future.

Inferno Cop knows a really good judge, like I said. He can have the trial date set not too long after he gets back to HQ, which will mean there will be bail that can be paid.

Basically all it means is that the police force will be keeping an eye on Satoshi in the meantime, Inferno Cop especially. And knowing Inferno Cop's attention span...

He will wrangle Satoshi on the actual trial date, though.

But yeah Lantz it doesn't matter: Satoshi built property where it wasn't his to build. And he very clearly stated he demolished the buildings under that were set for it, which is a)not his job so qualifies as massive property damage and b)removes the idea of squatting from the equation.

BUT HEY THAT'S WHAT JURIES ARE FOR

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: December 16, 2013, 01:17:56 AM »
Names dude I meant in the RP post there

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: December 16, 2013, 01:50:20 AM »
Dude I was writing that post up before you posted yours, I didn't mean it as an answer.

RP post is set and placed.

BTW, for all of you great enough to know the Inferno Cop series, the judge Inferno Cop knows?

MISTA JUDGE

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: December 16, 2013, 02:10:42 AM »
Okay so here is a bit of an impasse. See Tsukasa wasn't dressed like a ninja for fashion she's here for lethal combat, she and Satoshi train together and she's hunting him down. I sorta planned it to be that Satoshi loses for talking to inferno cop because flaming skull guy is an attention grabber.

I expected inferno to get something from an npc or something like that and find Satoshi bleeding out and take him to a hospital or something. I still want this to happen but it supposedly could look like a cop out to get him out of prison time when its just the way she's supposed to act

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: December 16, 2013, 02:19:19 AM »
Well, Inferno Cop could react. He could shield Satoshi and scare away tsukasa with the explody gun and general attitude, and then immediately disregard the notion she exists(He forgot about the time-rewind fairly fast). Tsukasa feels the need to keep her distance and wait for an opportunity, so Inferno Cop and Satoshi head to the police center.

Satoshi stews in a cell for a bit while Inferno Cop calls up MISTA JUDGE, some prep time happens (Not long, MISTA JUDGE is really good at his job), Satoshi gets a trial date and bail to pay if he wants freedom in the meantime.

He pays bail and walks out, but Inferno Cop keeps an eye on him as he should. He turns a street, Tsukasa attacks, Inferno Cop sees him bleeding and hospital happens.

That a valid alternative?

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: December 16, 2013, 02:19:58 AM »
...Lantz. You're doing the exact same thing you did earlier. You cannot demand Inferno Cop act like that.