Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310368 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #2475 on: December 16, 2013, 02:22:56 AM »
Well, Inferno Cop could react. He could shield Satoshi and scare away tsukasa with the explody gun and general attitude, and then immediately disregard the notion she exists(He forgot about the time-rewind fairly fast). Tsukasa feels the need to keep her distance and wait for an opportunity, so Inferno Cop and Satoshi head to the police center.

Satoshi stews in a cell for a bit while Inferno Cop calls up MISTA JUDGE, some prep time happens (Not long, MISTA JUDGE is really good at his job), Satoshi gets a trial date and bail to pay if he wants freedom in the meantime.

He pays bail and walks out, but Inferno Cop keeps an eye on him as he should. He turns a street, Tsukasa attacks, Inferno Cop sees him bleeding and hospital happens.

That a valid alternative?

Well, I think that Lantz probably would rather not get arrested, since it means having to go through the whole "trial" thing.

...Lantz. You're doing the exact same thing you did earlier. You cannot demand Inferno Cop act like that.

No, but he can ask.

The Man With All The Cute Boats

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
  • This is too lewd for me, Sir
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: December 16, 2013, 02:26:51 AM »
Not right away. Trials don't happen immediately after being decided on. It can take weeks. Which for us, means years.

Besides, it'd be fun! We could make a roll-based system to decide the side of vote that every juror decides on, and add modifiers based on the good arguments, their validity being decided by an impartial third person.

The defendant has to twist the facts as much as possible to get points, and the prosecution has to have as many hard facts on their side to rack up their points. They could steal points by discrediting the other's arguments, and all sorts of stuff.

At the same time we have character stuff going between Rider and Satoshi, and the cops, and the moment would be tense in general.

It'd be an amazing opportunity for hardcore RPing!

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: December 16, 2013, 02:29:22 AM »
I didn't demand anything arch.

well no names, see because logically if a ninja gets seen before the first strike they lose, in which case Tsukasa halts, finds out the situation and would logically teleport away with Satoshi.

I'm sorta stuck because both logical character options look like intentionally coping out

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: December 16, 2013, 02:29:44 AM »
Lol, you really seem set on the whole "trial" thing, Names. I don't think Lantz is quite so enthusiastic, though....

Also, by "impartial third person" I assume you mean "the GM" :P

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: December 16, 2013, 02:42:04 AM »
I didn't demand anything arch.

well no names, see because logically if a ninja gets seen before the first strike they lose, in which case Tsukasa halts, finds out the situation and would logically teleport away with Satoshi.

I'm sorta stuck because both logical character options look like intentionally coping out
Well, maybe if Inferno Cop got jumpy and looked around, so tsukasa would halt in caution, and even if she does figure out the situation we've gone past the "I'm arresting you" part and more the "down to the station we go" part, which she shouldn't be too wary about. It's just Satoshi going someplace with some flaming head dude. Maybe she should track them and wait for a moment to ambush him later, when flaming head dude isn't there.

Then we go on from what I said earlier. Jail, call Judge, Bail and date, bail paid, walks away, Inferno Cop finds him bleeding later while following him.

There has to be some way to make both sides of this work.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: December 16, 2013, 02:47:59 AM »
Well, the question is whether we really want the whole "trial" thing. I know you do, but I don't think Lantz does.

Honestly, if it is something he intended to do anyway and is in-character, I think he should just have Tsukasa teleport Toshi out or attack him as appropriate. The issue was more him using it as a cop-out, if it was already intended and just happens to give him an out here I think it is perfectly fine to go ahead with it.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: December 16, 2013, 02:53:13 AM »
Well it's less about the hospital visit outright. And the other thing is that even disregarding Tsukasa I'm not sure how the trial is supposed to work or being arrested, the latter I want to avoid because it's near Arch's character Lawrence and the former seems like a gag that runs too long.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: December 16, 2013, 03:01:11 AM »
Well the thing with the trial is that if he loses because of bad luck(they'd be roll based, after all), there are certain "accidents" that can happen, mostly with the friends he has. "Accidents" that would leave him looking dead, but which would really give him freedom.

The trial idea is just so full of RPing potential. It'd be awesome.

But the thing is, having her randomly pop up and whisk Satoshi away would be a cop out(pun intended), and really having Inferno Cop look away from a second for her to attack is just a recipe for him forgetting about this whole thing and trying to conquer the castle of the guy bleeding on the floor instead of helping him, because HEY CONQUERING A CASTLE THAT'S NOVEL

It's in character okay.

Just, this arrest has had a lot of buildup, and a lot of twists and turns. It'd be kinda lame if I got lolnoped out of it.

Can't she hold back attacking or whisking until he's in a jail cell waiting on Inferno Cop to make a phonecall? He'd be looking away, it's the opportunity she's waiting for.

And Lawrence is locked in his cell dude, he can't do shit. And he'll be... otherwise occupied.

For the trial... I'm still figuring the mechanics out, but I have an idea. It'd be d20, with 1-10 being guilty and 11-20 being not guilty. Those can be modified depending on if the defence has a point (-1) or the prosecution does (+1). If the defence has two arguments and the offense has none, it's be 9-20 for not guilty on the roll. The rest would basically just be a trial, back and forth.

Oh, and one dice roll per juror.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: December 16, 2013, 03:03:02 AM »
And Lawrence is locked in his cell dude, he can't do shit. And he'll be... otherwise occupied.
If you mean getting his brains fucked out by Ran, yes. Yes he will.

We need to get that started by the way.

• L-lewd
  • Administrator
  • Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: December 16, 2013, 03:05:35 AM »
Yes we do.

... by this point I'm just going to assume Gun Cop went with Axe Cop to go train. Mord hasn't shown up in a solid week.

Let me see if I can make sense of a Ran RP post before I have to go to bed.

Any thoughts on the Trial mechanics, btw?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: December 16, 2013, 03:11:16 AM »
Yes we do.

... by this point I'm just going to assume Gun Cop went with Axe Cop to go train. Mord hasn't shown up in a solid week.

Yeah, that's fair. Elf does say in the first post that we can do that.

I think it is a matter of whether a trial is something people want to RP or not....

Anyway, I'm not going to get Kiyoshi's post done tonight, unfortunately. There's quite a bit of stuff to deal with and I've failed miserably at doing much other than arguing and apologising for being an idiot and misunderstanding things / expressing myself horribly this weekend....

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: December 16, 2013, 03:12:32 AM »
Yes we do.

Let me see if I can make sense of a Ran RP post before I have to go to bed.

Well, considering this is rather cut and dry with multiple law enforcement officer and civilian witnesses to the crime, it should be something more like a 1 in ten chance that Satoshi can make his way out of this, on a 19 or 20. Of course a good lawyer could have modifiers but this is a rather cut and dry case.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: December 16, 2013, 03:14:03 AM »
Yeah, which is why I'm not sure the trial really makes sense here. Honestly Toshi is so obviously guilty that he should just plead guilty and then bust out after if the penalty is any jail time....

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: December 16, 2013, 03:15:07 AM »
@Bloble: Because our characters hadn't even properly introduced themselves yet, there. Introduction post!

Baked goods will follow. And Luka being freaked out by cars.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: December 16, 2013, 03:17:11 AM »
@Bloble: Because our characters hadn't even properly introduced themselves yet, there. Introduction post!

Baked goods will follow. And Luka being freaked out by cars.
I sort of want Henderson to pick them up as hitchhikers. But I'll settle for bones. Or for him terrifying some poor NPC fast food workers.