Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310465 times)

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #2790 on: December 26, 2013, 01:10:23 AM »
Sigh, before I say my piece on this, I'll have to read up on everything.

And post, finally! :D Sorry, I had to go to a family thing yet again in the middle of writing my post. ^^" But now I'm back and that's done!

Ryoko points out something semi-obvious! Tom continues to have no social skills! Will Tom and Lancer duke it out? Will Tom hook up with Forest despite Lancer's misgivings? Will Kiyoshi ever cook that soup?

Find out in the next episode of Cross Effects, Complex Drama!

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: December 26, 2013, 01:14:24 AM »
I also do think it's unlikely that Connor could do literally nothing to even get in the way. Connor is half Lancer and half Bazett, he's not weak by any means. Rider or Lancer could beat him, but not without some effort.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: December 26, 2013, 01:19:29 AM »
...Well, if he wants to get his throat ripped out, guts clawed open, and drained dry he sure can do that. A vampire in Frenzy is pretty much a force of nature.

Feel lucky he's not a high blood potency elder, he wouldn't have had a chance to scream.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: December 26, 2013, 01:20:35 AM »
That seems really powerful, again. He could stand up to a servant for a reasonable period, if your character can just rip him apart then I think your character is too strong.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: December 26, 2013, 01:21:01 AM »
I don't know... it does come off as metagaming a bit on lantz's part, now that I've read things.

This is one of those times where I suggest that Elf make the call, to prevent further arguing.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: December 26, 2013, 01:23:03 AM »
That seems really powerful, again. He could stand up to a servant for a reasonable period, if your character can just rip him apart then I think your character is too strong.
Oh no, he couldn't but even a human like Connor isn't a match for a frenzying gangrel with a high amount of Resilience, and Protean.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: December 26, 2013, 01:25:11 AM »
Oh no, he couldn't but even a human like Connor isn't a match for a frenzying gangrel with a high amount of Resilience, and Protean.

Connor isn't a normal human, though. He's half Heroic Spirit, remember.

And, I'm not saying Connor would win, just that he wouldn't lose/die instantly. If he loses instantly then your character is some way stronger than a servant, in this state at least.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 01:25:53 AM by Cherry Lover »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: December 26, 2013, 01:31:34 AM »

And, I'm not saying Connor would win, just that he wouldn't lose/die instantly. If he loses instantly then your character is some way stronger than a servant, in this state at least.
Being half heroic spirit doesn't make any fucking sense.

And when you can take a 10 Gauge shotgun blast to the face without flinching, I don't think you can stop him when he turns his attention to you.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: December 26, 2013, 01:34:22 AM »
I think what Magos is trying to say is, okay maybe a fight wouldn't be an easily resolved affair, but if it's just getting past Connor to feed from Sakura, then Jack can easily do that, especially in a frenzy.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: December 26, 2013, 01:35:20 AM »

Being half heroic spirit doesn't make any fucking sense.

He's half Lancer. That makes perfect sense.

When I said "half heroic spirit" I didn't mean it as a literal statement (Ryoko is half heroic spirit, but that half is genetically identical to Shirou, and Kiyoshi is not half heroic spirit, technically), I meant one of his parents is a legendary hero and demi-god, which means he's probably quite strong....

And when you can take a 10 Gauge shotgun blast to the face without flinching, I don't think you can stop him when he turns his attention to you.

Look, either he is OP or Connor can at least delay him. Those are the only two options here. If Connor can't even hold him up then he is too damn strong.

It is really ridiculous to make characters and then go "well, now I go into super-strong frenzy mode and kill you" whenever Lantz does anything you don't like (that he has no reason to ICly even expect would trigger that response).

I think what Magos is trying to say is, okay maybe a fight wouldn't be an easily resolved affair, but if it's just getting past Connor to feed from Sakura, then Jack can easily do that, especially in a frenzy.

I would imagine that Connor wouldn't just go away....
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 01:35:59 AM by Cherry Lover »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: December 26, 2013, 01:39:09 AM »
I would imagine that Connor wouldn't just go away....

Well of course not. It's not exactly easy to feed when you're being kicked off your target!

Getting past Connor for an initial bite, however, is feasible enough that I feel that was the reason why Magos winged it that way in his post.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: December 26, 2013, 01:39:48 AM »
Possibly he might be rather strong, but he's still only human. And Jack is easily stronger in a frenzy than Connor. For that matter, he's got claws, shapeshifting, and any physical delay is going to be shrugged off by Resilience.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: December 26, 2013, 01:42:26 AM »
Possibly he might be rather strong, but he's still only human. And Jack is easily stronger in a frenzy than Connor. For that matter, he's got claws, shapeshifting, and any physical delay is going to be shrugged off by Resilience.

He's not "only human", though, he's half demi-god....

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: December 26, 2013, 01:46:29 AM »

He's not "only human", though, he's half demi-god....
So? That just means he's 1/4th god. And as such, shouldn't be as strong as his father in any way.

Jack's got what might possibly be a fucking Nemeses within him, a Strix contained within a living corpse. The Beast isn't just instinct. It's quasi-mystical in and of itself. Its the gift and curse of the Damned.

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: December 26, 2013, 01:49:08 AM »
People keep phrasing things better than me. ^_^" Basically what YOLF said, Jack's basically berserk right now. Even though Connor's stronger than a normal human, Jack's basically has enhanced strength from his berserker hunger rage in addition to his vampire strength. So Connor would struggle with that.

Again, though, please wait for Elf.