Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310291 times)

Alice

• Administrator
  • Master
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #3210 on: January 03, 2014, 04:37:55 AM »
Hmm, he would be, wouldn't he? O_O If he keeps doing this in such quick succession like this, wouldn't he start getting drained pretty fast? (NOTE: Still a WOD noob, I'm still learning the ins and outs, so if I just made myself look like an idiot... well, now you know why. :P)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 04:38:46 AM by Alice »

Besides running the forum, I can provide avatars for people as well~
This is my mod voice. ...Most of the time anyway.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: January 03, 2014, 04:41:48 AM »
If he keeps this up... yeah, he'll burn through his reserves pretty quickly. Turning into an animal using Protean takes 2 Vitae. If Jack's blood potency is 3 or higher he won't go dry anytime soon but yep, he'll be expending a lot of vitae.

And then he's back where he started lol.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Milbunk

• Sentient NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: January 03, 2014, 08:32:46 AM »
Sorry for the delay, been busy with new year celebrations and other important events. (Like the annual fanfic contest) I'll get a post up as soon as I can make sense of all the chaos.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: January 03, 2014, 10:32:00 AM »
So, basically, Kiyoshi just gets entirely ignored yet again....

Do you guys even read my posts, either in here or in the RP? Why do I even bother wasting my time writing it when no-one is going to take any damn notice...?

This is seriously starting to damage my interest in the RP. I wouldn't mind being ignored on occasion, but it's constant, and it's always going to keep happening because I'm in a different timezone to you guys. Even when you directly address Kiyoshi, you still go on and make three posts after it, whilst I'm in bed, and then ignore his response in order to keep things consistent. What is the damn point of my writing a fucking post if it just gets fucking ignored? I'm fucking sick of being punished for the crime of not living in America....
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 10:50:17 AM by Cherry Lover »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: January 03, 2014, 02:56:29 PM »
Interest in Kiyoshi < Interest in Ryoko

It's as simple as that Mike. She is their fucking DAUGHTER. Of course she gets priority over a nephew who isn't their nephew. Its as simple as that.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 03:06:22 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: January 03, 2014, 03:05:21 PM »
No, my problem is that it keeps fucking happening. It happened several times last month, and once it caused me a serious problem with my post, and now I am basically unable to ever get any sort of conversation going with anyone because when I wake up every day they have made 3 posts each and left the conversation with me behind. It never happens the other way, either, so everyone else is just fine

Sure, Ryoko might be "more interesting", but Kiyoshi is just completely ignored regardless of what he does or says because everyone else runs off into the future and his conversations are forgotten about. If I was awake when you guys are and could reply to your posts that wouldn't happen because Kiyoshi would be kept involved in the conversation. True, the Ryoko stuff would take priority, but Kiyoshi was involved in a conversation with Archer before that even happened and it just got dropped because you guys can't be bothered to wait for me or to let me get involved in any way.

I wouldn't mind if it was an occasional thing in response to situations like this, but it's not. It happens all the damn time. Whenever I try to set anything up or get anything going it just gets one response and then someone else starts something and goes off on a tangent whilst I'm asleep. Then, when I wake up, I'm faced with 15 posts to deal with and a massive time difference between the end of my last post and the end of everyone elses', which means I end up needing to spread my post over a long period, making it really difficult to write and also causing the conversation I started earlier to be completely forgotten.

My problem is not that people ignore Kiyoshi some of the time, it's that even when Kiyoshi does or says something that would legitimately get responses it is usually overshadowed by someone else doing the same, whereas when I make an effort to change the conversation it gets one post in response and then everyone else goes back to the original thing whilst I'm in bed, causing the topic involving Kiyoshi to die. That's especially true when I'm interacting with Elf, since she's rarely on when I am and she doesn't really seem to like waiting for others to post....

And, further, because I always have about 10 posts to reply to I am always miles behind, which means I can't really make anything happen. I just want to actually have a chance to get involved for once, and for the last few months no-one has been making any effort to do that. Every single major event that happens I just get left out of because you guys rush off on your own and don't let me react. The Angra thing a month back is the most problematic example of that, but it's systematic and it's starting to get really annoying.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 03:10:42 PM by Cherry Lover »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: January 03, 2014, 03:08:11 PM »
This is mostly because Kiyoshi is fucking 12 dude. Nobody listens to the 12 year old. Ever.

Trust me, Rider won't be ignored.

Just make your post and fucking deal with it man.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: January 03, 2014, 03:12:48 PM »
I'm at work right now, so I can't post.

And, 12 or not, he should not be fucking ignored when he is in the middle of a damn conversation. That is just fucking rude....

As for Rider, I fucking bet she is ignored, because I've seen no evidence that they intend to wait for other people. Hell, they didn't wait for you last night either.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: January 03, 2014, 03:26:21 PM »
Yeah, and do I give a fuck? No, I don't because Jack has no stake in this conversation and really would just listen and learn. Go with the flow and all that jazz Mike.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: January 03, 2014, 03:32:09 PM »
Yeah, but Kiyoshi wouldn't do that. He's not the "listen and learn" type....

And, further, it's different for you because this is a one-off. You are usually on when they are. I am not, and thus it keeps happening to me. "Going with the flow" means I can never have any kind of conversations with anyone else in a group situation and can never do anything important, because you guys are always three posts ahead of me. It makes the RP a total chore because I can never do anything more than write out horribly drawn-out posts that either try to explain why I did nothing or act in a manner that will just get ignored anyway.

Further, what is really irritating me is that no-one is showing me the slightest bit of consideration here, aside from Lantz on occasion. I've asked people to wait for me for at least four nights in a row, and I don't see any evidence people have even read my posts, let alone taken any notice of them. It's not this particular instance that is upsetting me so much as the fact that it is constantly happening and happens even when Kiyoshi actually should be reacting (the Angra thing is a good example of that, but also some of the stuff that happened a few nights ago when Kiyoshi was involved in conversations with people that just got forgotten about).

I wouldn't mind people doing this when it's justified for them to do so if they showed some indication that they gave the slightest fuck about actually letting me participate in the RP, but, not only have they continued to do the same thing over and over, I've not even so much as had a reply, aside from you going on about how Kiyoshi is a kid and, thus, should apparently be treated as if he is invisible whenever anything important happens, even if he happens to be threatening you with a pair of very sharp magical swords or has something actually important to say....
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 03:34:42 PM by Cherry Lover »

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: January 03, 2014, 03:34:08 PM »
I'm at work right now, so I can't post.

And, 12 or not, he should not be fucking ignored when he is in the middle of a damn conversation. That is just fucking rude....

As for Rider, I fucking bet she is ignored, because I've seen no evidence that they intend to wait for other people. Hell, they didn't wait for you last night either.

If you're at work, why are you posting this now?

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: January 03, 2014, 03:35:39 PM »
Because there's no-one else here and I'm a master of procrastination....

Plus, it's pissing me off, so I want to deal with it.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: January 03, 2014, 03:40:20 PM »
Once again, whoop de doo, magical swords that Jack will undoubtedly be able to survive because he's a fucking vampire. He took a sawed off 10 gauge shotgun to the chest from a mugger before, both barrels, and came out of it looking PISSED and sucked the guy to the brink of death.  Jack is tough as fuck.

And unless someone replies before Kiyoshi on the Dead Apostle matter, I'll be waiting for him to reply. Once again, suck it up and deal with it Mike. Patience.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: January 03, 2014, 03:47:44 PM »
Look, if it was a one-off I would just "suck it up", but it isn't. It's seriously caused me problems several times before, and I see no indication that it's likely to stop doing so in the future, so I'm pointing it out so that people might actually listen.

The one that irritated me the most was New Years' Day, honestly. I could easily have replied to Lantz New Years' Eve, and it would have saved me a lot of hassle. But, instead I waited for Elf to come on and post, so Lancer would get a chance to reply. Then, when I finally get on New Years' Day (I can't honestly remember what I was doing that night, but I would have posted sooner if I'd only had a few things to reply to), I find myself faced with a whole bunch of rather-long posts, which directly affected Kiyoshi and, then, ended with an event that meant I wouldn't realistically get a reply to anything I said even though I would have if everyone had stopped at one post. I would just like people to show me a bit more consideration in situations like that, and wait for me to have a chance to respond before carrying on when me responding is a reasonable outcome.

Again, as a one-off thing it would be fine, but I can think of at least three situations in the last month where I have been left out of events as a result of other people not waiting for me, and the one with Ryoko and Angra was a serious problem that caused me a lot of stress.

As for your post, I'm not sure what to do there. Kiyoshi would have some idea what they are (although probably less than Archer), but I'm also tempted to leave as Lantz's characters said I should so I don't have to keep dealing with this shit....
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 03:56:51 PM by Cherry Lover »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: January 03, 2014, 04:04:41 PM »
It sucks that you want to participate, but you often can't find the timing to. That is true, and I'll agree with that much. Just, Mike, understand that it's not happening because of a lack of respect for you - when a pace gets going and people get involved in writing this dynamic story, they sometimes can't wait for others to advance and participate before doing so themselves. The pacing of Cross Effects already tends to be kinda slow because some of us are from different time zones and other reasons, so it's no surprise that we want to get as much as we can out of the characters that we are playing, and drive their personal stories and interactions with others and the world forward.

People get distracted and maybe forget they aren't the only ones that feel that way, and that can sometimes leave others behind on the roleplaying, like it's happened to you - but it's not done on purpose or with malicious intent. Some people may have patience, others may have less, but regardless of who is driving it forward more, if the pace of the story is flowing, they don't want to break it for themselves if they can help it.

That is what I think, anyways.

Also, currently kinda confused: are Deacon Frost's vampires Kindred or more traditional ones?
Or multiple kinds of vampire, really, since we are in Nexus City?
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts