Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310272 times)

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #3225 on: January 03, 2014, 04:12:48 PM »
It's not lack of time, though. You guys are all in the US, and most of the posting is happening at 5 AM my time. It is literally impossible for me to get involved in any of this, however much time I have.

And, the problem I have here is that it is making the RP a total chore to play. Because no-one else wants to wait for me, I never get to do anything important or have any conversations, at least when I am around more than one persons' characters (which is most of the time due to the structure of the RP). All I ever do is scratch around writing a horribly long and convoluted post in order to deal with the mess that happened whilst I was in bed. That is not fun, and if I am just going to have to do that constantly there is not much point in me even bothering to play.

I understand that it's not deliberate, but with the number of times I've pointed it out and asked for people to wait I'd have thought they'd at least think about it by now, and I've seen no indication of that at all.

As for vampires, there are multiple kinds. I think the ones in the Nexus are the classic kind of vampire (probably something like Forest, I'd imagine, since Elf designed them), but there are also non-Nexus vampires around, like the kindred, and a DA could theoretically show up at some point.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 04:15:13 PM by Cherry Lover »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: January 03, 2014, 04:28:40 PM »
YOLF's actually in Portugal.

And no, Frost is in charge of all vampires. Or at least he thinks he is. He isn't Kindred, and now there's an infestation of them in the city, three patient zeros.

Time to play invasive species YOLF.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 04:39:05 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: January 03, 2014, 04:29:26 PM »
Deacon Frost's vampires are the ones from Blade. They're vulnerable to garlic, UV light and silver. On the other hand, they're technically alive as far as I can tell and they can protect themselves from sunlight with a sufficiently thick layering of sunblock.

And I've still got no idea when these other Kindred got into the picture. Takes some of the fun out to not be the first wave.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 04:31:39 PM by Aiden »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: January 03, 2014, 04:30:57 PM »
From talking with Elf, all over actually. But yeah, if Deacon is a Blade vampire, whoo! Sounds awesome.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: January 03, 2014, 04:36:45 PM »
THen i'll remove the references. We're the first Kindred in the city.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: January 03, 2014, 04:38:17 PM »
THen i'll remove the references. We're the first Kindred in the city.

Niice.

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: January 03, 2014, 04:39:51 PM »
Oh, they're Blade vampires. Riiiiiight, Deacon Frost...

Look it's been a while since I saw the movie.

Also, I'm not a good example to use for the time zone argument Magos, given right now I have a relatively free schedule, and I have insomnia pretty frequently.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: January 03, 2014, 04:40:23 PM »
YOLF's actually in Portugal.

Yeah, but the people he's interacting with are waiting for him to post, so he doesn't have a problem....

Also, I'm not a good example to use for the time zone argument Magos, given right now I have a relatively free schedule, and I have insomnia pretty frequently.

Well, the guys you are interacting with are not proceeding particularly quickly anyway, and you're all waiting for each other, so it's not a problem for you. I'm in the middle of a big group where people are not really waiting, so I get left behind.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 04:41:39 PM by Cherry Lover »

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: January 03, 2014, 05:26:26 PM »
I think the problem is just that people don't actually want to interact with Kiyoshi in-character OR out of character. They find him abrasive and annoying and would prefer not to engage him.

But that's just my obsevation.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: January 03, 2014, 05:30:37 PM »
Well, he is somewhat annoying (in-character, at least), yes, intentionally so. He's a kid with swords in a strange world with people he sort-of knows and other people who are acting like dicks to them....

But, at the same time, I'm probably playing it up more because otherwise people just ignore me, and because it's difficult not to be annoying when you're replying to stuff that happened way back and never get to have a proper conversation. If I don't force things to happen then no-one bothers to even talk to me.

If that is true, though, I'd appreciate knowing that. There's no point in me making an effort to write posts when people are trying to actively avoid them. If necessary I can just pull him out of the RP entirely (although I need to justify why Sakura would not go home with him if she sends him back).
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 05:37:10 PM by Cherry Lover »

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: January 03, 2014, 05:57:48 PM »
Well, he is somewhat annoying (in-character, at least), yes, intentionally so. He's a kid with swords in a strange world with people he sort-of knows and other people who are acting like dicks to them....

But, at the same time, I'm probably playing it up more because otherwise people just ignore me, and because it's difficult not to be annoying when you're replying to stuff that happened way back and never get to have a proper conversation. If I don't force things to happen then no-one bothers to even talk to me.

If that is true, though, I'd appreciate knowing that. There's no point in me making an effort to write posts when people are trying to actively avoid them. If necessary I can just pull him out of the RP entirely (although I need to justify why Sakura would not go home with him if she sends him back).

Yes, I think everyone should be honest there. You're absolutely right that it's a waste of your time if you aren't made aware of how people feel on this matter.

I'm just saying that in my position that would be the motive I'd have not to interact with him, were I in their shoes. The more you play it up, the less people want to interact. The less people want to interact, the more you play it up. Vicious cycle.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: January 03, 2014, 06:01:48 PM »
Well, ICly I don't mind at all if people dislike him. He's not meant to be perfect and he is meant to irritate some people. OOCly, though, even if he's disliked he's still capable of speaking and acting in a manner that will not always simply be brushed-off (there are plenty of characters around who you would ICly want to avoid but still get involved anyway), so the fact that he's annoying ICly doesn't give an OOC reason to ignore my posts or not let me have a chance to respond.

And, if people genuinely are OOCly trying to avoid dealing with him and are having conversations when I'm not around to do so then they should absolutely tell me that, because it is really not fair on me to make me waste my time working on a post that no-one wants to even see, especially when I could be spending the time bringing in other characters or doing stuff with Rider. I don't mind hearing that Kiyoshi is annoying, he's a little kid and, whilst he is fundamentally a good person, he is a bit of a spoiled brat due to the fact that Sakura dotes on him, but if he's so annoying that people are OOCly avoiding him then I'd like to know that so I can change how I'm playing him or just send him home.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:05:14 PM by Cherry Lover »

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: January 03, 2014, 06:10:36 PM »
I really do think that he's so annoying that people are avoiding him OOC.

Am I wrong, people?

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: January 03, 2014, 06:11:28 PM »
Not really.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: January 03, 2014, 06:12:29 PM »
I really do think that he's so annoying that people are avoiding him OOC.

Am I wrong, people?

That seems weird to me, though. Why would being ICly annoying cause people to avoid him OOCly? Surely dealing with characters that your characters hate is part of the game. And, the times when Kiyoshi is most annoying is when he can't really be ignored....
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:13:37 PM by Cherry Lover »