Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310479 times)

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #3240 on: January 03, 2014, 06:17:16 PM »
I really do think that he's so annoying that people are avoiding him OOC.

Am I wrong, people?

That seems weird to me, though. Why would being ICly annoying cause people to avoid him OOCly? Surely dealing with characters that your characters hate is part of the game. And, the times when Kiyoshi is most annoying is when he can't really be ignored....

He goes so far into being intrusively annoying that he causes the players to hate him, not just their characters.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:18:37 PM by Aiden »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: January 03, 2014, 06:18:23 PM »
Even so, that doesn't stop people interacting with him. I OOCly hate MoS Shirou (far more than anyone hates Kiyoshi, I'm sure), I was still willing to RP with OPOI playing him. Hating the character doesn't necessarily mean avoiding the character. That implies that people can't play characters who are flawed....
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:19:05 PM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: January 03, 2014, 06:18:24 PM »
Kiyoshi is fine when you actually interact with him. And I find it massively unfair and hypocritical that Arch dares ignore anyone while forcing others to interact with his characters.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: January 03, 2014, 06:20:54 PM »
Ahahahaha. You can always just ignore Jack Lantz, unlike about 90% of your sues. You seem to be missing the points we make about 90% of the time. Actually, you miss them 100% of the time.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: January 03, 2014, 06:22:25 PM »
Kiyoshi is fine when you actually interact with him.

Yeah, this is pretty much true, at least as long as you're not an asshole. I can't imagine most kids would react well to hearing their mum get insulted....

Kiyoshi can be a bit aggressive towards people who threaten people he knows or look like they might, but once you get to know him he's a nice enough kid. He absolutely idolises his mother, though.

Ahahahaha. You can always just ignore Jack Lantz, unlike about 90% of your sues. You seem to be missing the points we make about 90% of the time. Actually, you miss them 100% of the time.

I think Lantz's characters are generally easier to ignore than yours, honestly. At least Lantz doesn't have his characters burst into the room with a shotgun or similar....

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: January 03, 2014, 06:24:42 PM »
First impressions matter, Mike.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: January 03, 2014, 06:28:01 PM »
Sure.

I'm not expecting everyone to like Kiyoshi ICly, and he's acting like he is because that is how he's meant to be. It is a bit unfair to OOCly avoid him just because I'm actually trying to make him not be perfect, though, and it is considerably worse to do so and then not even have the guts to tell me you are, so that I keep wasting my time writing posts that no-one even wants to read and that will never get me anywhere.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:28:57 PM by Cherry Lover »

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: January 03, 2014, 06:29:10 PM »
As Aiden said, first impressions matter. And when Kiyoshi's is invariably usually "Be a little shit to everyone that isn't one of Lantz's characters" people get turned away from him.

That was in character, and otherwise Lantz's characters pull stupid shit like that shotgun threat in ways that are out of character and nonsensical. I point to "Rin's" sudden appearance, and everything that happened with "Angra Mainyu." For the most part my characters are rather ignorable compared to Lantz's.

Sure.

I'm not expecting everyone to like Kiyoshi ICly, and he's acting like he is because that is how he's meant to be. It is a bit unfair to OOCly avoid him just because I'm actually trying to make him not be perfect, though, and it is considerably worse to do so and then not even have the guts to tell me you are, so that I keep wasting my time writing posts that no-one even wants to read and that will never get me anywhere.
Oh no, its fine if you don't have act perfectly, but tone down the pulling swords on everyfuckingone all the time. And if he'd be able to listen to people instead of parrot HF!Shirou all the time except worse about it, then that'd go a long way as well.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:31:12 PM by Arch-Magos Winter »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: January 03, 2014, 06:32:21 PM »
As Aiden said, first impressions matter. And when Kiyoshi's is invariably usually "Be a little shit to everyone that isn't one of Lantz's characters"

Actually, he was entirely nice to Alice's Rin, too, and to Ryoko (aside from him getting upset at her completely ignoring him, which was reasonable). See a pattern there...?

That was in character, and otherwise Lantz's characters pull stupid shit like that shotgun threat in ways that are out of character and nonsensical. I point to "Rin's" sudden appearance, and everything that happened with "Angra Mainyu." For the most part my characters are rather ignorable compared to Lantz's.

No, they aren't. Lantz's characters might show up out of nowhere, but they don't really do that much. They can easily be ignored if you want to. Someone attacking you with a shotgun cannot be.

Oh no, its fine if you don't have act perfectly, but tone down the pulling swords on everyfuckingone all the time.

Well, he would if you toned down the "threatening his family all the time"....

And if he'd be able to listen to people instead of parrot HF!Shirou all the time except worse about it, then that'd go a long way as well.

Yeah, that's called characterisation. Why would he put the words of some random guy he just met over his own parents (and, he doesn't even listen to them as much as he should)?

Well, that and my memory being shit coupled with the slow pace of the RP, meaning that I completely forget anything he does learn....
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:35:46 PM by Cherry Lover »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: January 03, 2014, 06:33:28 PM »
*looks at his new character sheet*
So, does anyone else play League Of Legends? :P

And curses, I keep having character sheet ideas that I then have to write down.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:35:19 PM by YOLF »
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: January 03, 2014, 06:40:00 PM »

No, they aren't. Lantz's characters might show up out of nowhere, but they don't really do that much. They can easily be ignored if you want to. Someone attacking you with a shotgun cannot be.

Oh no, its fine if you don't have act perfectly, but tone down the pulling swords on everyfuckingone all the time.

Well, he would if you toned down the "threatening his family all the time"....

And if he'd be able to listen to people instead of parrot HF!Shirou all the time except worse about it, then that'd go a long way as well.

Yeah, that's called characterisation. Why would he put the words of some random guy he just met over his own parents (and, he doesn't even listen to them as much as he should)?

Well, that and my memory being shit coupled with the slow pace of the RP, meaning that I completely forget anything he does learn....
As to the first bit - The trash can lid, Suetoshi's appearance, Suetoshi's rampage, Suetoshi's castle popping up, "AM" showing up, everything to do with "AM" while in the compound, and more if I dug on through this RP. Saying Lantz hasn't done stuff  that can't be easily ignored is a lie and you know it.

As to the second, when the subject of his sword drawing not only hasn't threatened his family until they've threatened him and is showing a notable lack of interest in actually threatening or being a threat to anyone, you might want to put the swords away Kiyoshi.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: January 03, 2014, 06:42:30 PM »
As to the second, when the subject of his sword drawing not only hasn't threatened his family until they've threatened him and is showing a notable lack of interest in actually threatening or being a threat to anyone, you might want to put the swords away Kiyoshi.

Well, if you're talking about your vampire then, well, he was trying to kill Sakura.

But, yes, in general you are right. Read Kiyoshi's profile, it even states that he is too hot-headed and tends to see conflict as the first option. That is an intentional character flaw....

Like I said, though, if he doesn't even listen to his own parents enough, what chance do you think some random vampire who attacked his AU sister is going to have?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:43:18 PM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: January 03, 2014, 06:47:32 PM »
I've explained every issue, my characters are easily ignored because unlike you arch I don't try to whole sale slaughter everyone's characters. Everything I've done is ignorable.

Aiden

• Global Moderator
  • Alter Ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: January 03, 2014, 06:52:10 PM »

Well, if you're talking about your vampire then, well, he was trying to kill Sakura.

Vampires can feed without killing, for one thing. Until the frenzy thing, at which point his character wasn't in control of his actions.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: January 03, 2014, 06:54:11 PM »
Vampires can feed without killing, for one thing.

Sure, but a) Kiyoshi doesn't know that for sure and b) he never gave any indication he intended to avoid killing her. All Kiyoshi knew was that someone was attacking her and Connor had shouted for help.

Until the frenzy thing, at which point his character wasn't in control of his actions.

Which is when Kiyoshi came in....
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:54:52 PM by Cherry Lover »