Author Topic: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page  (Read 310510 times)

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
  • Techpriest of Beasts Lair
    • View Profile
Re: Cross Effects - Sign Up, Discussion Page
« Reply #3270 on: January 03, 2014, 07:55:00 PM »
He did see him get the perp in the car. He'd recognize Satoshi.

lantzblades

• Black King of the round table
  • Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: January 03, 2014, 07:55:12 PM »
I know, unfortunately he's ruining the whole fucking plan names wanted to set up

seriously Arch delete it
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 07:55:57 PM by lantzblades »

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: January 03, 2014, 07:59:16 PM »
He did see him get the perp in the car. He'd recognize Satoshi.

Doesn't matter, as far as he's concerned Satoshi just got killed. Further, you at no point indicated that you were watching from overhead.

Sorry, Magos, but this is just blatant meta-gaming. Further, Lantz had no other option because Names has been inactive, and you're ruining the stuff Names and Lantz wanted to do solely so you can be a dick to Lantz. This is the fourth time you've used extremely-dubious pseudo-IC reasoning to fuck Lantz over, and this time Lantz has done absolutely nothing wrong. Further, if you will not delete it then I cannot post with Rider until it is dealt with, because she will be coming to defend Satoshi if Elf lets this stand. If you can do bullshit meta-gaming like this then so can I. I might try to find a way to send everyone else I've got, too, and I might even try to bring in a new character called "anti-Doomrider" or something. If you want a battle of pointless meta-gaming then I'll give you a battle of pointless meta-gaming.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 08:00:23 PM by Cherry Lover »

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: January 03, 2014, 08:01:12 PM »
Oh for goodness' sake -

I don't care who's in the wrong here. I'm getting a little tired of these disputes and I don't think I'm the only one. Do we absolutely need a GM ruling every time Magos and lantz's characters interact?
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: January 03, 2014, 08:04:23 PM »
It would be nice if we didn't, no, but Magos is obviously out to get Lantz's characters and refuses any attempts at compromise on Lantz's part, so Lantz has no option but to call for one. If he had not then at least three of Lantz's characters would be dead by now (despite the RP rules specifically forbidding killing characters without the player's consent).

I honestly see no other option here, other than Magos voluntarily withdrawing his post. What he's done here is entirely for OOC reasons. It makes no IC sense, it wasn't set up at all by him and it screws Lantz over for no benefit to anyone (aside from Magos getting to be an ass).
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 08:05:50 PM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: January 03, 2014, 08:05:58 PM »
Arch seriously delete it, Satoshi needs to be for all intents and purposes dead until inferno cop gets finished with his end of it

YOLF

• Sir Bonesington
  • Global Moderator
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: January 03, 2014, 08:10:13 PM »
Well, in this case... I really have to agree that you should withdraw that post, Magos.

If it had been foreshadowed it would've been one thing, but since it kinda came out of left field, I'd say you need to be the one to back down this time.
[13:38:37] Helligator: Depends on the god, but gods by definition in Nasuverse are strong because they have divine authority.
[13:38:48] Kat: Even the toilet god?
[13:38:56] Helligator: No one worships toilets.
[13:39:00] Helligator: Don't be a shitlord.

[04:32:08] Helligator: I can't make dragons in power armor like this

[19:50:12] francobull III: [...] why are you being all assive aggressive?

[23:32:37] Helligator: use the narrative as a means to convey an interesting story and cool conflicts with the openness you're allowed
[23:32:43] Helligator: not to CHEAT stories and conflicts

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: January 03, 2014, 08:13:04 PM »
Names pm'd me with the idea so I want to keep the point of the idea while still being allowed to use my characters to RP elsewise

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: January 03, 2014, 08:16:34 PM »
Well, in this case... I really have to agree that you should withdraw that post, Magos.

If it had been foreshadowed it would've been one thing, but since it kinda came out of left field, I'd say you need to be the one to back down this time.

Yeah, exactly.

If it had been foreshadowed that Doomrider was following them then I would be a little annoyed with it happening, but I would say it was justified. However, there was no indication that he is and no real reason why he would be (Satoshi surrendered voluntarily, if he was going to fight then he'd have done it back at the castle). Further, Lantz acted this way solely out of necessity, because Names is unfortunately busy.

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: January 03, 2014, 08:19:14 PM »
Except I DID post exactly that. Doomrider was following the car. No, seriously, I posted that. You can find it.

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: January 03, 2014, 08:19:40 PM »
And seriously I'm keeping the idea names had intact, Arch is wrecking it.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: January 03, 2014, 08:21:00 PM »
Except I DID post exactly that. Doomrider was following the car. No, seriously, I posted that. You can find it.

Where?

If you make a statement, it is your responsibility to prove it, not ours....

And, even if you did, please just withdraw this, it's just going to cause hassle for everyone else if you don't. Lantz was setting something up for Names and, honestly, it seems unlikely that you'd see what happened anyway. Plus, she uses shadow teleportation, there is literally nothing you can do to stop it even if you did see it.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 08:22:57 PM by Cherry Lover »

lantzblades

• Alter Ego
  • GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: January 03, 2014, 08:23:33 PM »
I never stated a direction, and if he were following the car then there's no way he could intercept them or follow the shadow travel in short there's no way for doomrider to find them

Arch-Magos Winter

• The Machine Prophet
  • Servant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: January 03, 2014, 08:26:46 PM »
I didn't really talk much to the vampiress after that little name exchange. She continued walking on in silence.

"Contact me if you need anything more." I tossed her a card with my name on it and a short phone number - the office. Brianna would be sleeping now anyway. I think I gave him the night off. I think.

With that I changed my shape, shifting from a man form to that of a large black crow I'd managed to catch early on in my Requiem. Hey. It'd been food for a desperate night. Animal blood was starting to lose it's potency for me anyway. Soon, maybe a couple of decades or so, and I probably wouldn't be able to feed from animals anymore when the going got tough. A real shame. It'd be tougher to stay filled up once that happened.

Cawing, I sailed off into the night, kindred nightvision overriding the crows. A useful little trick I'd picked up on. If I wanted to feed, the building where the gunshot had come from would be a decent start. Rumor was some dhampir, or Jian Shi or something similar had taken up residence there, and was of all things, renting the place out to guests. If it was true, I'd need to be careful, but I might, pardon the pun, find a Kindred spirit within. I could go another few nights without blood, but I needed to feed, and the sooner the better.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doomrider buzzed the Castle as Inferno Cop started driving towards the station. Sadly, the sight of the explosion had yielded no cocaine, or evidence, or much in the way of anything, except some loon babbling about a crazy vampire. Man, the things some people came up with.

Shrugging, he gunned the engine once more and accelerated through the sky, following the borrowed cruiser. After all, the Flame Cop Partners had to stick together.
So yes, he should have seen Suetoshit enter the car.

Cherry Lover

• The Maintainer
  • SE.RA.PH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: January 03, 2014, 08:28:37 PM »
Satoshi didn't enter the car, though, he's already in it....

The thing is, even if you did see it happen, I don't see what Doomrider could do about it, and nor would it be obvious to him that Satoshi is not dead.